***PROBLEM, Country or?People???

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's my view! I have been around for 76 years and I have seen a big change in the people. It use to be that kids sought instant and prolonged gratification, but they grew out of it to be a real part of the big picture of advancing this country. They earned there way to a good life.

Now a days, the picture has shifted. For to many the instant gratification desire has not changed. This is happening on the low end free lunch crowd which seeks free food, lodging, cell smart phones, etc. The bad part is it is happening at the top end also. We have more Millionaires and Billionaires than ever before and they want more. It is a game of who dies with the most wins.
The sad part is they are hoarding the wealth of the country. Sure they give to charity or foundation, but this is to get even more money via deductions. They don't give back in reality! Just think, where did they get this money, why wasn't more given to the actual workers that made this wealth possible?

The thing is in economics, the money must cycle or the wheel stops turning. The move to manufacturing overseas was the beginning of our decent. Sure items would be cheaper, but the profit was all going upstaires. Look at the CEO's and COO's etc. they are sucking up millions while the workers are getting less.

I can see this happening! I posted a while back that in a business class it was stated that a fair profit was cost + 100% markup. Someone replied that it was as much as you could get. See my point? It brings to mind the story of the goose that layed the golden egg.

Just my thoughts, Frank...
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Smart man. As H. Ross Perot said (and some here will laugh) there has been a giant sucking sound as the jobs leave the country.

The harder you laugh though kiddies, the worse it will get. Someone needs to wake up.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm, think I'll have French Fries with my Bacon Cheeseburger..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking you just like typing Frank. I'm OK with that. I like Bacon Cheeseburgers and French Fries. Try thinking about that for a while. Things and times change. If you don't, well, then have a cheeseburger and some fries!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking you just like typing Frank. I'm OK with that. I like Bacon Cheeseburgers and French Fries. Try thinking about that for a while. Things and times change. If you don't, well, then have a cheeseburger and some fries!
That sounds good about now with a big fizzy coke over ice! Also agree 100% with you Frankn. The gap between the upper and lower class keeps getting wider, no middle class left since all our middle class jobs got sucked overseas!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Well Terry, I am more of a cheese wopper, onion rings and coffee man.
Change is constant, I will grant you that, but it can go both ways! I hate watching it in death spiral mode.
The worst is few either care or realize what is happening. They are to busy going for free or excess!
Frank...
z taft face.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well Terry, I am more of a cheese wopper, onion rings and coffee man.
Change is constant, I will grant you that, but it can go both ways! I hate watching it in death spiral mode.
The worst is few either care or realize what is happening. They are to busy going for free or excess!
Frank...

Then there is the third rail ... which we can't talk about here other than to say that for these, they like change only for the sake of change. Doesn't matter if something worked well for the majority, let's change it for the same reason a dog licks himself --- because we can.

Lots of folks grab on to their coattails because they aren't intelligent enough to realize they're getting taken for a ride for the benefit of the third rail folks ... until it's too late.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
People. Like myself having debt. The money spent on mortgage interest is crazy . The hours spent in a home thirty years amorized would have been better spent in a single room if need be to pay cash for a home.As the adage goes, the high cost of living caused by the cost of living high. Being debt free is not a goal of many,paying interest is still accepted as the norm and whens the last time anyone was heard promoting earning interest off your interest? Walking into a going concern looking for hire at a decent wage as a laborer takes a good deal of homework and a hard one for alot of folks today is being ready, able also, to pull up stakes and go to where the work is ,and there is work in this great country. I agree alot of it is not much pay but its a start.Areas with oil fields,(some hiring on occasion) have trouble paying waitstaff for example to the point restaurants suffer . Once the greed factor cools as overseas labor markets evolve into higher wages and countries resources and environment become more taxed opportunities will emerge again in my opinion. Like before maybe not but time was a crew could be brought together that could turn the world if it had a handle right here in the good ol U.S. of A.. Seen it and believe in it still but today's labor force has changed. People don,t want to be laborers per a business owner with revolving workers paying above minimum wage with benefits. I don,t ask details but also see him as a not hard on his people person from some of the longer term employees I have met.
My grandpa was flexible,l.o.l. walk in to a place and ask what they needed done and say he could do it. Most my work acquisitions followed suit.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heck, I liked the part about being flexible ... but learned it really late in life. Started out as a day laborer when I left High School, did construction work, maintenance, drove a cheese wagon, worked with handicapped children, drove 18 wheelers both heavy equipment and OTR stuff, been a bill collector and repo man.

Finally decided to take a chance ... got hired as a skiptracer. When they asked if I would handle legal matters that did not require a lawyer I told them: "Sure, I know how to do that!" Truth is I was lost, but because of knowing how to deal face to face with folks, a few nice court clerks pointed me in the right direction and I spend more time in court handling legal matters for our corporation than our attorney does. I've even done writs that he copied and signed so that I could get certain things done in court. (Now you know why I hate lawyers so much!)

Same year, our IT department (one guy) decided he didn't need to come to work regularly. Boss asked me if I knew anything about computers: "Sure, I know how to do that!" I'm now an IT person. I talked the boss's son (my boss died in 2011, son got the company) into letting me take on all the IT stuff as my own business "because you shouldn't be paying me to do computer work when your dad hired me to track down deadbeats."

If you're not afraid to screw up and get fired ... and you know the difference between shinola and the other stuff ... if someone offers you a job you always tell them you can do whatever it is they ask about. Too much information is available today to say, "I don't know how".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread