Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
A lot of spirited BIG football fans in Tejas, naturally,
tons of natives, and otherwise, in the Lone Star state.

With rich heritage, treasured fat beef, but poor cowpokes...

Ye must not be conforming to common US sports culture :icon_scratch:...
Hmmn,... You know, BBQ, beer, snacks, holler at the tv, etc.

Too bad, it's happy hour, free rounds for all of the natives here in S/W Arkansas,
and no one hereabouts, don't really like that many Yankees,
but some true Patriots are alright, even if their pigskin's pressure is light... :laughing7:

Pssst... If you get in a pinch you can punt or kick... so it's a throwable, football...

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, my 'Hawks lost it. Gee, what a game. Had it in the bag until their last play. I can see doing what they did on that last play, but although the Pats would have been keying on Lynch, I believe it would have the best chance to let him try to get it across the goal line. Oh well, they didn't. Now I'm wondering if Pete Carroll will make some adjustments and come back big next season. Yes, I'm looking forward to what the 'Hawks, Cowboys, Cardinals, and Chiefs will be like next season. Those are my favored teams, at the moments.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have never been trying to pass that close to goal line, they should have tried to run it in...

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to rub it in on Hawks fans, but I'm real
happy with that call 8-). They could have stuffed
it in for 6 about as easily. A close matched game,
with the amazing catch just before that. Never a
dull moment, except the heated scuffle. Memorable. :thumbsup:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Even my wife couldn't believe they called such a dumb play. :icon_scratch: Got to call it like we see it. Wouldn't be surprised to see some heads roll because of it. :dontknow:

Joe Ribaudo

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON, CHOSE TO BACK THE PATRIOTS. IT DIDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. THAT WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING GAMES THAT I HAVE EVER WATCHED. I HAVE HAD MY FEET ON THE GROUND AS AN E.M.T. FOR BOTH FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL, FOR THE RAZORBACKS. I WAS IN ONE OF THE FIRST GROUPS TO TOUR THE NEW "BUD WALTON" STADIUM BEFORE THE BASKETBALL TEAMS SAW IT. IF I COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO JUMP UP THREE FEET, I WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN UNABLE TO TOUCH THE SHOWER HEADS. I COULD BARELY REACH THE KNOBS. THE HOME TEAM"S DRESSING ROOM AND FACILITIES WERE PALATIAL. THE VISITOR'S DRESSING ROOM WAS MORE LIKE A JAIL FACILITY. THE GAMES WERE SO CLOSE TO US THAT WE AT TIMES HAD TO DODGE THE PLAYERS.
THAT WAS BACK WHEN COACH NOLAN RICHARDSON WAS HANGING NEW BANNERS EVERY SEASON. AND STILL THOSE GAMES WERE NOT AS EXCITING AS THIS SUPERBOWL'S CLOSING MOMENTS.

I DOUBT IF I WILL EVER SEE ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT. EVEN SEA HAWK FANS WERE ALL ON THEIR FEET.
#/;0)~
:coffee2:

Last edited:

JRedHorse

Feb 1, 2015
from NH relocating to FL summer 2015
Detector(s) used
I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector but will be upgrading when I hit FL.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:coffee2:8-) OK, I'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS FOR A LONG TIME
... THAT IS, IF YOU DARE... HAHAHAHAHA!...:laughing7: ~: CDS :~

May I offer another point of view, one coming from a man who was raised in the Native Spiritual belief system with NO influences from any "Established religion"?

We believe that when you cross over the Red Bridge into the Spirit Lands that ALL material ties and bonds are left on the physical side of the Bridge and when we take a purely Spiritual form we have no need or desire to retain any material connection with any type of objects except what may be considered Sacred items placed with us in burial for our journey.

Only those objects such as our Sacred pipe that were prepared by our Tribes Holy Man can also be (in spirit form) taken with us Not the physical object itself but only the objects Spiritual energy, because we will need the Pipe in the Spirit Lands.

Now keeping this in mind we do not believe that a person taking a Spiritual form will hold any power over the living or their objects, to waste our Spiritual life guarding earth bound objects is unthinkable and a waste of our Pure energy.

Now if you were to dig up one of our graves, which is often done, then you could run the risk of having the company of the Spirit that once dwelled with in the body buried there, and to remove a Sacred object could possibly bring misfortune upon the digger, because the Sacred object is still "Spiritually tied" to it's image IN the Spirit Lands and if we are trying to use such a Sacred object in the Spirit Lands and YOU are interfering with it's anchor in the physical world we can return to reclaim that object in the form of disrupting your life until it is reburied.

It is more complicated than what is in this meager post but I do not have enough time or space to explain the whole process as it took me a life time to learn.

Finding arrow heads is fine, but if you ever dig up a Red Pipe Stone pipe PLEASE for your own well being leave it alone.
For this reason it is probably best to leave the grave undisturbed.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
May I offer another point of view, one coming from a man who was raised in the Native Spiritual belief system with NO influences from any "Established religion"?

We believe that when you cross over the Red Bridge into the Spirit Lands that ALL material ties and bonds are left on the physical side of the Bridge and when we take a purely Spiritual form we have no need or desire to retain any material connection with any type of objects except what may be considered Sacred items placed with us in burial for our journey.

Only those objects such as our Sacred pipe that were prepared by our Tribes Holy Man can also be (in spirit form) taken with us Not the physical object itself but only the objects Spiritual energy, because we will need the Pipe in the Spirit Lands.

Now keeping this in mind we do not believe that a person taking a Spiritual form will hold any power over the living or their objects, to waste our Spiritual life guarding earth bound objects is unthinkable and a waste of our Pure energy.

Now if you were to dig up one of our graves, which is often done, then you could run the risk of having the company of the Spirit that once dwelled with in the body buried there, and to remove a Sacred object could possibly bring misfortune upon the digger, because the Sacred object is still "Spiritually tied" to it's image IN the Spirit Lands and if we are trying to use such a Sacred object in the Spirit Lands and YOU are interfering with it's anchor in the physical world we can return to reclaim that object in the form of disrupting your life until it is reburied.

It is more complicated than what is in this meager post but I do not have enough time or space to explain the whole process as it took me a life time to learn.

Finding arrow heads is fine, but if you ever dig up a Red Pipe Stone pipe PLEASE for your own well being leave it alone.

Well "said", "JRH"... & WELCOME to TN, here!

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Hi JRedHorse,

Everyone is welcome, and more than a few have expressed their thoughts and beliefs here,
as you can see.

I am somewhat familiar I will say, with a few Native American Tribal Beliefs. They do vary,
and I'm probly more aware of The Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, for example,
having bloodlines, and friends/family. I'm thinking we've discussed this a lot,
and your input, as everyone else's, is certainly always fine and good.

Don't know where you got the idea you needed to be warning about sacred things,
but that is fine. I have never known of anyone doing anything like what you have
warned against, though have read that some have, and it has been written about,
extensively, in several cases.

We respect such things, and believe there are some who have stronger spirits,
strong medicine, and their wisdom is one evidence.

Thanks for your perspectives, and if you would care to share a spirited treasure
tale or two, that's always welcome as well... :fish:
:cross:

In the land of the spiritually minded living...

Every rock, with signs of man's work, is also very cool to us, and treated as...

A Sacred Spiritual Treasure of our Great Fathers, A Priceless Work of Fine Art. 8-) :fish:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to believe their are 1.7 million C.S.A. spirits that are cheering me on! I get goose bumps quite often when I think about it in the field. Sometimes it's like I can feel them around me watching my every move. I know they are real or I couldn't feel them in my heart and blood.

L.C.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to believe their are 1.7 million C.S.A. spirits that are cheering me on! I get goose bumps quite often when I think about it in the field. Sometimes it's like I can feel them around me watching my every move. I know they are real or I couldn't feel them in my heart and blood.

L.C.:thumbsup:

That's interesting L.C.

I constantly see things, not visual spirits, but also see,
sense actions in people, for example, used by them to act...

Speaking often to the Spirits I trust, watching, listening,
thinking, always looking, for the key may being presented.
Yes my Southern blood runs, and in the field, tho silently...:laughing7:

The heart can get to thumpin,' almost loud enough to be heard though...8-)

1.7 is a very good number, any particular reason you chose it?... :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I, FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON, CHOSE TO BACK THE PATRIOTS. IT DIDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. THAT WAS PROBABLY ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING GAMES THAT I HAVE EVER WATCHED. I HAVE HAD MY FEET ON THE GROUND AS AN E.M.T. FOR BOTH FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL, FOR THE RAZORBACKS. I WAS IN ONE OF THE FIRST GROUPS TO TOUR THE NEW "BUD WALTON" STADIUM BEFORE THE BASKETBALL TEAMS SAW IT. IF I COULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO JUMP UP THREE FEET, I WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN UNABLE TO TOUCH THE SHOWER HEADS. I COULD BARELY REACH THE KNOBS. THE HOME TEAM"S DRESSING ROOM AND FACILITIES WERE PALATIAL. THE VISITOR'S DRESSING ROOM WAS MORE LIKE A JAIL FACILITY. THE GAMES WERE SO CLOSE TO US THAT WE AT TIMES HAD TO DODGE THE PLAYERS.
THAT WAS BACK WHEN COACH NOLAN RICHARDSON WAS HANGING NEW BANNERS EVERY SEASON. AND STILL THOSE GAMES WERE NOT AS EXCITING AS THIS SUPERBOWL'S CLOSING MOMENTS.

I DOUBT IF I WILL EVER SEE ANOTHER ONE LIKE IT. EVEN SEA HAWK FANS WERE ALL ON THEIR FEET.
#/;0)~
:coffee2:

I was a Patriots fan a long time, till they kept havin' a bad bounce,
of that funny shaped and lookin ball. I stopped watching football,
very much, considering it to be just 'nother earthly vanity, and
commercial distraction. 8-) :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

I can get more interested tho, naturally when my team wins, even
if they had relatively minor problems with one of those faulty, brand
new ball's, previously untested by actual usage. :dontknow:... :laughing7:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
1.7 is a very good number, any particular reason you chose it?... :fish:

It is an estimated casualty list of the confederates that I read, don't know how accurate it is. I talk out loud to them when I visit their graves, and I have a recording of the last living confederates giving the "Rebel Yell" on my phone. I play it every now an then to keep up my spirit and stir theirs while I visit them. Some people might think I'm crazy but I know I have Rebel blood in my veins cause it stirs when I hear the Rebel Yell or I hear certain songs of the Civil war era, sometimes to the point of tearing up or even hollering out loud upon occasion. I am what I am and I refuse to water myself down if they can't take me at 100 proof. If I had lived during that time there is no doubt which side I would have chosen to be on.

L.C. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, who cares about that slavery thing.

The slavery was horrific, and terribly wrong, but only part of the big picture.
Nothing new under the sun, when men find a reason, excuse to steal, kill, and destroy.
Or, to steal, kill, and destroy back, for vengeance, etc.

Do two evil wrongs, really ever make one good right?

Only if ye spirit really finds the hidden treasure, right? 8-) :laughing7: ... :fish:

Last edited:

JRedHorse

Feb 1, 2015
from NH relocating to FL summer 2015
Detector(s) used
I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 Metal Detector but will be upgrading when I hit FL.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi JRedHorse,

Everyone is welcome, and more than a few have expressed their thoughts and beliefs here,
as you can see.

I am somewhat familiar I will say, with a few Native American Tribal Beliefs. They do vary,
and I'm probly more aware of The Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, for example,
having bloodlines, and friends/family. I'm thinking we've discussed this a lot,
and your input, as everyone else's, is certainly always fine and good.

Don't know where you got the idea you needed to be warning about sacred things,
but that is fine
. I have never known of anyone doing anything like what you have
warned against, though have read that some have, and it has been written about,
extensively, in several cases.

We respect such things, and believe there are some who have stronger spirits,
strong medicine, and their wisdom is one evidence.

Thanks for your perspectives, and if you would care to share a spirited treasure
tale or two, that's always welcome as well... :fish:

In the land of the spiritually minded living...

Every rock, with signs of man's work, is also very cool to us, and treated as...

A Sacred Spiritual Treasure of our Great Fathers, A Priceless Work of Fine Art. 8-) :fish:

Go to ANY History museum and look at the items that were stolen from the graves of the Native People and then you may understand why I made the statement the way I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread