DO TREASURES HAVE REAL SPIRITS - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree7723Likes

Thread: DO TREASURES HAVE REAL SPIRITS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    13796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ole miss rebel View Post
    Back in the mid 1980's, was on little round top on the Gettyburg battlefield.
    I was standing there near a rock wall and heard a voice whispering next to me,
    thought it was my dad, who was with me, looked around and he was about 100yds.
    down the trail. Got that chill up my back. Realized it was just a soldier's spirit hanging about.
    Yes, Gettysburg, PA battlefield is VERY haunted; MY experience was when I was a re-enacter for CSA Co. I, 10th Virginia Cavalry (Stonewall's "Foot Cavalry")... camping overnight in a private field next to the ORIGINAL section. @ 3 am in the morning, we heard screaming, booming of cannons, scent of powder (guns, cannons), and thought we were being attacked by Yanks/Bummers... MOST of the Co. rallied up for night-fighting (which was NOT allowed during CW re-enactments) to "fight"... BUT! They found NOTHING there! They were shocked & amazed... the EMOTIONAL "spirits" of battle were "at it" AGAIN! Ex-wife said to me... AIN'T gonna go back THERE, AGAIN! HA!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Mar 30, 2014 at 09:36 AM.

Jun 2007
    13796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    Rebel - KGC: Yes, why not? Let's hear the story first, uh?... Ha!
    HA! I was looking for BRIT Gen. Cornwallis' treasure (he buried it after his surrender to Gen. Washington at Yorktown, Va. & my family was there - Capt. George Printz; I am SAR). Cornwallis' Treasure was one of two listed as being there; second treasure was a PIRATE'S treasure, with "ghost ship" & muttering in the woods at night. wasn't there at night & land-owner doen't want ppl there... DA BUGGER!
    Oroblanco likes this.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11823 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Want more X de sign Have seversal more, some personal.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Oroblanco likes this.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1345 times
    Springfield, Pretty Wild, like other accounts of the same somewhat similar sightings, and the grass circle... Very bazaar, but interesting... We saw a California Condor while hiking up a huge open storm drain canyon with about 30-40' cliffs, on our way to going fishing at Puddingstone Lake, in the Covina Hills area of the San Gabriel Mnts. 35 mi. east of Santa Monica, Ca. when we were teens, and thought that was pretty cool... Can't imagine a bird with a 20' wingspan, Cool... Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    Here's a couple old posts about Big Bird: Legendary Thunderbird Photo. (posts #9 & 11).
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    8814 times
    Great stories amigos - almost as good as if we were sitting by the campfire! <>

I forgot to add that I did yell down that canyon to whomever was doing that moaning and groaning, which seemed only to make it stop. I have no idea what the silvery egg-thing was either, or if it was even related to the sounds of the previous evening.

Springfield - thank you! One of the things that bugs me about skeptics is the habit of dismissing things reported by others, when they were not present to witness it. Some mighty unusual things fly around in the southwestern skies, at certain times of year.

I will add a funny one - on a fishing trip to Ontario a few decades ago, with a couple of friends, we had a slide-in pickup type camper. The fishing was not too great so we tried moving to a new place, a bit further out in the tall tules and that night after we had all gone to bed, the whole camper and truck started shaking! I was nearly toppled out of my bunk, which was the lower one (two others up high) so I sat up to listen, and heard something snuffing around, and the sound of something touching the outside of the camper. I grabbed a flashlight and shined it out the nearest window (a foot from my head) to see a nice big black bear looking right back at me through the same window! He gave the camper another shove and rocked it hard, and by this time my buddies awoke so I went out with a pan to bang and scare it away, but I can tell you I about jumped out of my bunk on seeing that face a few inches from my own! It turned out that in moving camp to the new spot, arriving near dark, we had not noticed but someone had camped near there earlier and left piles of food including pork chop bones, chicken etc less than twenty yards from our camp.

Please do continue, thanks to all for the great reading!
    Roy ~ Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    1246 times
    *sigh* I guess I must have a lot of negative vibes - I don't think I have ever experienced something 'unexplainable'. Don't get me wrong - I still believe there is more between heaven and earth than anywhere else *chuckles*, but yes, I do not disbelieve others that have had paranormal experiences. I guess you need to be somewhat 'in tune' with your surroundings - and rather than soaking it in - I'm probably wondering when we shall next have a cup of Oro's sock-coffee ...

no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    1246 times
    (snip)Oro's making some sock camp coffee? Regular, or specially full flavor brewed?
    Ohhh - most decidedly fully flavoured! ;-)
    As for - don't mind if I do - thank you!
    Crosse De Sign and Oroblanco like this.

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    8814 times
    Cross de Sign - about that fishing trip, the fishing was bad until the very last day, on which we found a rather remote small lake, but had to give up on the camper several days previous to travel into the back country and get some fish. Following old logging roads into the back woods does not always mean good fishing ahead!

Loke - hmm nothing inexplicable in your experience? How about the fact of you, a solid citizen and very intelligent person, partnering up with a raving loonie? Or your climb to check out a particular stone heart, which on your getting close to it, seemed to "hit back" after your skillful climb to it? Just a coincidence I suppose? Other small incidents that occurred in that same area, which a superstitious person might conclude was some kind of evil spirit trying to keep you OUT, could be recounted, but perhaps it was all just a series of coincidences.

Oroblanco

no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    1246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    (snip)Loke - hmm nothing inexplicable in your experience? How about the fact of you, a solid citizen and very intelligent person, partnering up with a raving loonie? Or your climb to check out a particular stone heart, which on your getting close to it, seemed to "hit back" after your skillful climb to it? Just a coincidence I suppose? Other small incidents that occurred in that same area, which a superstitious person might conclude was some kind of evil spirit trying to keep you OUT, could be recounted, but perhaps it was all just a series of coincidences.
    Hmm - as for a 'raving loonie' *chuckles* - those were _your_ words and not mine!
    As for the rest of it - nothing but coincidences, I can assure you! (at least if we believe in logic ...)

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    8814 times
    Loke - hmm, coincidences? Let's see, the incident up at the stone heart, the incident on the hill trail, the incident with the rattlesnake, the sudden heavy downpour of rains (plural) yes it must be all just coincidences! (heh heh)

And aha! Now you call me a raving loonie! Better eat your eggs in the dark next time pard!

Side thing but that place we are referring to, I have no doubt is probably haunted. We will find out for sure next time.

Please do continue, Thank you in advance;
    Oroblanco

us
    Sep 2013
    1007 times
    On a dark and stormy night, three bad men, sat in a cave. The first one said "Hey Mac, tell me a story," and this is how the story began. Okay, Oro, will you please put another log on the fire, and Don Jose', break out those marshmallows, and I will be back with my story. It involves one of our hot topics; The Jesuits.

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3389 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have had folks (normal sane people that I know well ) tell me about "hearing" the dead soldiers talking while wearing headphones as they were detecting some known civil war era battlefield sites that were on "private" land --- I personally believe in spirits *(of a sort) -- before laughing and calling me a nut --just think about this for a min. --the human body runs off of "electric energy"-- "the spark of life"-- when one passes what happens to this electric "energy" trapped within our body? it must discharge into something or somewhere. --also how are sound and video images "trapped" upon tapes for "play back" --answer--iron oxide --aka as "rust" --so when one mixes a recording medium (rust) with an electric "discharge" from a death -- a form of "recording" could be possible from a "pure" science point of view. and in some weird way when conditions are "just right" it" discharges" or plays its self. --giving sounds or "ghostly images".
    Last edited by ivan salis; Apr 01, 2014 at 07:24 AM.

us
    Feb 2014
    Fischer F2
    44 times
    Metal Detecting
    If I get the feeling I'm not alone Ijust pay attention to my surroundings. More concerned with people than ghosts.
    Crosse De Sign and Loke like this.

no
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    1246 times
    Oro, I'm just curious: When you go back to the interesting places, will you have some special tool, or aspect in your strategy, to aid you in your effort?... Thanks!
    Oh Oh - I can answer that one definitely!! (before Oro steps in!).
    He has a very special tool - the, by now, infamous sock-coffee!!!!

us
    May 2010
    texas
    3016 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Loke View Post
    Oh Oh - I can answer that one definitely!! (before Oro steps in!).
    He has a very special tool - the, by now, infamous sock-coffee!!!!
    Howdy Loke,

Maybe that is the answer to all these mysteries tied to treasure hunting. Oro's sock coffee, may be causing hallucinations.

Homar

Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links