worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You Free Thinkers ought to pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Free Thinking Is Now Considered A Mental Illness

Addiction-treatment-psychiatrist_a8kkoe.jpg

check-big.png
check-big.png

check-big.png
Reddit
check-big.png

(RC) What happens to a society when thinking outside of the box or being righteously enraged about your government going in the wrong direction becomes an excuse to be sedated and re-educated? It seems we don’t have to go too far back in history to find out.
The Soviet Union used new mental illness for political repression.
People who didn’t accept the beliefs of the Communist Party developed a new type of schizophrenia.
They suffered from the delusion of believing communism was wrong. They were isolated, forcefully medicated, and put through repressive “therapy” to bring them back to sanity.
Now thanks to thought policing by the American Psychiatric Association the latest addition of the DSM-IV(Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) is setting up the dominoes for arbitrary diagnosis of any dissenting individuals.
Listed as new mental illnesses are above-average creativity and cynicism. The manual goes on to identify a mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD.
Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.
A Washington Post article observed that, if Mozart were born today, he would be diagnosed with ADD and “medicated into barren normality.” What used to be known as personality traits are now diseases, and of course there are treatments available.
When the last edition of the DSM-IV was published, identifying the symptoms of various illness in children, there was a jump in the medication for children. Some states even have laws that allow protectives agencies to forcibly medicate, and even make it a punishable crime to withhold a prescribed medication.
Beware people with a strong sense of individuality! Though the authors of the manual claim no ulterior motives, labeling freethinking and nonconformity as a mental illness has a lot of potential for abuse. As a weapon in the arsenal for a repressive state, it seems societal reality is morphing into a playbook for autocrats borrowed from a Phillip K. Dick novel.

- See more at: Free Thinking Is Now Considered A Mental Illness -

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Uh Oh....

Now, what did Schultz say in Hogans Heroes?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup,I want to live in a society where everybody is just like everybody else.I want to look the same,dress the same,act the same,live the same,live in the same type of house,drive the same type of car,eat all the same food,wear the same clothes.We should all be drones in a giant bee hive.Hell,I even want to look the same as everybody else.If that isnt a completely F__ED up way of thinking I dont know what is.Shrinks should do the world a favor and all slowly,or quickly,hang themselves.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yup,I want to live in a society where everybody is just like everybody else.I want to look the same,dress the same,act the same,live the same,live in the same type of house,drive the same type of car,eat all the same food,wear the same clothes.We should all be drones in a giant bee hive.Hell,I even want to look the same as everybody else.If that isnt a completely F__ED up way of thinking I dont know what is.Shrinks should do the world a favor and all slowly,or quickly,hang themselves.

HA! You just described a MAX Security Prison!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I've had ODD all my life!
Mine didn't come with negativity or annoyances, though. :laughing7:

Had I not moved to S. Fl as a teenager, I would have ended up a hermit, on some Ga river bank.

Insanity is a sane reaction to an insane world!
Carry on troops....... :laughing7:

eta: and along those lines, the phrase, "Takes one to know one", is something to be considered
when dealing with the shrinks. :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! You just described a MAX Security Prison!

The only difference Rebel is people in prison arent there by choice.These idiots are saying that everybody should WANT to be the same.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Patcat,but me thinks ODD is a crock.A person that doesnt like being told what to do and defies it to me is called an individual.Just another thing made up by quacks so they can get their kickbacks for shoving meds down your throat.Conforming to the wishes of others just for the sake of conforming,seems to me is the true sign of an idiot,and a SLAVE.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patcat has trick for forced meds........ :laughing7:

when they ain't looking, of course......... :laughing7:

63-Cat-Projectile-Vomit.jpg

(on a cirius note, sometimes if you have a truly mind _ _ _ _ experience(s), someone trained in the workings of the mind, can help navigate the treacherous fields. Not everyone has a good "grip on", and trained guidance can be appreciated) Otherwise, I may have taken out the world, after my dad passed. I got no problem with shrinks really, just gotta know when they're needed........
(thank dog, I've never been forcibly med'd in my life :notworthy:)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always persevered through my own problems,I'm still here.Ive had some of your mind bending B.S.Got hit by a car when I was 9,my dad died when I was young,a company I worked for tried to get rid of me in a socalled accident after I exposed them for what they were and what they were doing.The one thing those things taught me(mostly the last one) is to try harder,and yes I became a nightmare to that company.I'm just one strong willed stubborn S.O.B. theres no such word in my mind as "cant".

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the several movie plots where the main character is trapped in a place where everyone is a "Zombie" either doped up with medication, or they have a chip implant.
They all try to get him to "join them" and he runs around trying to get out of there as he's the only one who's AWAKE!

Just think, there was an article posted not long ago stating that a new study showed "Conspiracy theorists" were actually the "Sane" ones and everyone else is insane.
I agree with this however, I start to get concerned if I now fit into the "Sane" category.

The article Chris posted here is more like it. This puts me in the insane category which feels more accurate to me. :tongue3:
I always knew I could never go into law enforcement because it would NOT be the place for a free-thinker.

Actually, there's no place for a free-thinker in North American society. Only sheep need apply!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just think, there was an article posted not long ago stating that a new study showed "Conspiracy theorists" were actually the "Sane" ones and everyone else is insane.

In fact I posted that article Muddy lol:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always persevered through my own problems,I'm still here.Ive had some of your mind bending B.S.Got hit by a car when I was 9,my dad died when I was young,a company I worked for tried to get rid of me in a socalled accident after I exposed them for what they were and what they were doing.The one thing those things taught me(mostly the last one) is to try harder,and yes I became a nightmare to that company.I'm just one strong willed stubborn S.O.B. theres no such word in my mind as "cant".

You are so correct in what you say,can't,people won't or don't know how!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to offer up, that besides the "some won't", it's the "some don't know how" that there may still be hope for.
(I also prefer gentle correction of error, rather than this brutality system we have, but most will do themselves in, in the end anyway)

RJC, you are certainly a man apart from men. If more were like you......... but alas, there are those that "don't know how".
I have never found it to be weak, to reach out. (I know I ain't many things, but I have those I can reach out to, for knowledge and a helping hand). That would make me smart, in knowing how to utilize resources. No?

I think about that man that went into the wilds of Alaska, only with his tools and basic provisions. (Penopscot, no, Peltier, no...... I think his name was Don?) Ya'll know who I'm talking about...... built the cabin, hunted, fisheded......
Then think of that kid from, "Into The Wild", that died in the bus up there(ate a bad berry). He had no less drive and desire as the first fella, he just didn't have the full knowledge and/or guidance.

I find most ppl's intelligenteses, is/are more molded around(indicative to) their enviroments and conditionings.
Not many break from that........

intelligence, like art, can be subjective.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Asking for help and needing it isnt a sign of weakness.Not knowing when you do is the downfall.I've always worked things out for myself,thats how I am,thats how I'm made.Call it pride,call it what you will.I learned to rely on myself.The times ive been down and out(no work)I never went running for handouts.I took the first job I came across and was hired to do.Whether it was washing dishes or shoveling horse crap.Thats the funny thing,people wont take a job because they think its beneath them,yet they go running for the freebies and the handout like a bum or a tramp.Granted some need it and should have it,but those capable of working and just sit on their butts with their hands out pretty much disgust me.Oh I use to be a top executive,why should I wash dishes,pump gas or clean toilets.Theyre damn lucky that it isnt up to me or they would find themselves in the middle of the north woods with something to really whine about.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread