Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now shouldnt go in the rules?Not to nit pick but I'm a specific kind of guy.To me a rule isnt a rule until listed as such.You know illegal laws are not laws and its a citizens duty to disobey them.I'm that kind of guy.:wink:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read that as squatch posts are ok

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my take is ( as I learned the hard way, right T_H?) is that if you want to control this site - buy it!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now shouldnt go in the rules?Not to nit pick but I'm a specific kind of guy.To me a rule isnt a rule until listed as such.You know illegal laws are not laws and its a citizens duty to disobey them.I'm that kind of guy.:wink:

Red let mods and admins worry about that. Any mod or admin can delete any thread at any time for any reason per TOS....

If a member is warned to stop posting something in a pm or post and they continue to post it they can be banned....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the list: Anything to do with politics or religion, as either is defined by Webster's dictionary. This includes anything to do with our government or that of any other country or state in the world, any discussion of any agency of the government that doesn't specifically deal with treasure hunting, War, the NSA, the 2nd amendment, anything found on Fox news or CNN that doesn't have to do with treasure, anything to do with any political figure that does not own a metal detector, the separation of church and state, conspiracy theories, terrorism, Religious freedoms, etc. As the dictionary defines it, "Of or pertaining to a state, it's government, or any of it's agencies".

FFARL... Hello (Brad - Limitool) I realize Red, Bandit, myself and many others do not own this site. I also realize that this is a "treasure hunting" site and it's a very good one also I'll add. I have posted many times about my undocumented cave I discovered and continue to explore and its contents. And all of us enjoy (MOSTLY) the discovery's and adventures of others. And I'll continue to enjoy those the most. But like many folks here when you open the site up to other topics then that's what you'll get. You can only divide "Treasure Hunting" into so many topics. "Everything else", "General Discussion" (in my opinion) is NOT about MD'ing or treasure hunting and if it's intended to be than the branches of treasure hunting have suppressed there limits in my opinions. How can you have a high class treasure hunting site and not include the politics that come along with it? I KNOW we (I'm guilty) go way outside the treasure hunting only original goal. But your options open up such actions and I'll be the 1st. to jump on in with my opinion as many others and then find it's not allowed... I strongly suggest you rid the site of these options or OPEN IT UP...! I truly love to share and read about all of our adventures, finds and seeking help on mystery's (such as mine and others) but you've made it larger than that by opening up the site and then trying to control to much.

My suggestion... Open it up somehow (quickly please) to include your "forbidden rules" and/or narrow the options and we'll adjust and move forward. We (or most of us) don't like walking a tight rope on our thoughts or having them censored because of options outside of treasure hunting. Please start an option (with password?) outside of just Treasure Hunting to give the traffic here an area to go to discuss politics and the 2nd Amendment as before. Just my thoughts.....

Thanks... Brad / Limitool

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth, I would be open to having an unmoderated political forum someday down the road, if all this dust ever settles.

Not out in the open section or you can forget family friendly. It would be more like family feud. History has been proven time and again that civil conversations are not possible about politics here. Maybe in the Charter Members section like TH said with a large warning sign. Attacking a member for having an opposing view is not acceptable. I would not open up "Treasurenet" (the original treasure hunting web site) to that kind of abuse.
A few will always ruin it for the many in my opinion.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not out in the open section or you can forget family friendly. It would be more like family feud. History has been proven time and again that civil conversations are not possible about politics here. Maybe in the Charter Members section like TH said with a large warning sign. Attacking a member for having an opposing view is not acceptable. I would not open up "Treasurenet" (the original treasure hunting web site) to that kind of abuse.
A few will always ruin it for the many in my opinion.

I agree (A few will always ruin it for the many) that would probably not be good Tnmountains... no doubt. Maybe only Charter Members (paying member right?) be allowed into this arena to engage... but this would dilute the traffic (maybe good but I doubt it). What if someone as a registered member (myself) had to request a password from the site to enter and then on a monthly / weekly basis to continue? Hell I don't know.... I'm not a nerd what so ever.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's help them..... Let's get this out of the playground. Everybody stop the negative posts and let's all campaign for an expansion of the forum in one area outside of Treasure Hunting and quit *****ing. We ALL come here because of MD'ing and Treasure Hunting.... but the traffic is more than enough to support an area (password needed?) that after we're here to now get into the weeds without being censored or controlled by our thoughts by others (within reason).

Last edited by a moderator:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Let's help them..... Let's get this out of the playground. Everybody stop the negative posts and let's all campaign for an expansion of the forum in one area outside of Treasure Hunting and quit *****ing. We ALL come here because of MD'ing and Treasure Hunting.... but the traffic is more than enough to support an area (password needed?) that after we're here to now get into the weeds without being censored or controlled by our thoughts by others (within reason).
I'm in but people who don't like the idea will purposely ruin it. I'll join if there's a sign at the door that says thin skinned crybabies need not apply... Not naming anyone in particular, but it won't work if there aren't hard fast rules about NO whining if someone gets their feelings hurt. Even moderators have to leave their badge at the door. A giant flashing neon sign that says "Enter at your own risk" would be good. And it would have zero affect on the rest of the forum since you can't stumble in there accidently. This honestly works very well on multiple other forums I belong to.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep it civil or thread is locked...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How not being able to talk politics dumb down the younger ones. I happen to ask a couple of collage students and asked if they had heard a conversation with that skinny dude from Nevada. It was the one about the koch brothers. They asked me if I was referring to Cheech and Chong. :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We've had the "Charter Members Only" political and religious forums ... which were shortly after removed.

I'm told by Smee (Some remember him, he's my neighbor) that the number of Charter Members increased. Some became Charter Members just to join those forums.

Then, one bright morning, the forums were closed down. He couldn't remember if the Membership fees were returned or not. He said a number had just paid their membership dues days before the closure.

Anyone else here back then? Is that how it worked out?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was ,thats why I paid my 20 bucks,and thats why I will not pay another 20 bucks.UNTIL.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The good ole days lol.Find the area you'll come across TH chasing me around before he was a mod :laughing9:Sorry TH couldnt resist.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its in the rules...NO POLITICS...you honestly don't know what politics are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions