Closed threads???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
You know I'm actually glad the admin laid down the law, now folks need to just seek life elsewhere, course the other 2nd site is rather dead, and I know why too.
It has become rather obvious to me at least that a lot of folks just live to argue, and in that since that site did not have anybody to argue with, other than myself, all have reverted back to here, which most see as their home, where many friendships were forged in topics that each are passionate about.
Though it is not hard to see that, the end of certain liberties fell to people that want the rest of the world to live by their rule set, people say well if you don't like it..don't read it, and I too say that.
But that's not the way everybody does things.
You all must remember the world is full of opinions and especially drama loving egos that love to push peoples buttons...I have for as long as I can remember online made posts, and several on this site as well, about how to deal with trolls/button-pushers/drama-seekers...and that is simply to ignore them!!..never respond, but alas most could never help themselves and give in and feed them, you all take the bait and it gets nasty, start calling names and flinging insults back and forth, I even did it a few times on the other site after a certain troll said my beliefs made me a commie..but you notice I'm no longer on that site, because I no longer wanted to feed the troll, so...

Time has come and passed for freedom of speech on Tnet..and it kinda makes me happy since I don't come to Tnet to get stressed out by trying to fit in.

What was I talking about ? You know with my A.D.D. I tend to lose my thought process and it is annoying.
Anyway, if you don't like it don't read it, that's why I stay out of certain forums, I don't go running to the powers that be, that in my opinion it should not be allowed, if I were that way I would push to get the paranormal and whatever else goes on in there..palm readings type stuff, IF I were like that I would say well it deeply offends my religious views..which it does, if you cannot talk about religion, then folks should not be able to talk about anti-religion topics!!...however I simply just don't go in there...is that so hard ?
Anyway I'm done ranting about this now, the ground is sorta thawed, at least the top several inches, and I have obtained permission to treasure hunt 11 1840-1880 Victorian mansions..all obtained through friends in local historical societies.

Always remember this situation happened because people that love to argue took the bait and ran with it...which would have been OK if folks would have remained civil towards each other..but that's not the way the world is anymore.

Mike

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Mike I agree with alot of what you said. As for taking the bait I'm guilty of that myself. But.. when you find that someone is illegally fishing do you punish the fisherman or the fish ? Get away from the keyboard and go find some cool stuff to post. I would love to have ONE old Victorian to detect at and the weather here in East Tennessee has been near perfect.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an interesting twist-

Open up a political forum for premium members. (I remember the Rubber Room)

Then, prior to posting you have to have your (verified) home address attached to the signature line.

It would be interesting to see how opinions and statements change when the veil of anonymity is removed.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You know I'm actually glad the admin laid down the law, now folks need to just seek life elsewhere, course the other 2nd site is rather dead, and I know why too.
It has become rather obvious to me at least that a lot of folks just live to argue, and in that since that site did not have anybody to argue with, other than myself, all have reverted back to here, which most see as their home, where many friendships were forged in topics that each are passionate about.
Though it is not hard to see that, the end of certain liberties fell to people that want the rest of the world to live by their rule set, people say well if you don't like it..don't read it, and I too say that.
But that's not the way everybody does things.
You all must remember the world is full of opinions and especially drama loving egos that love to push peoples buttons...I have for as long as I can remember online made posts, and several on this site as well, about how to deal with trolls/button-pushers/drama-seekers...and that is simply to ignore them!!..never respond, but alas most could never help themselves and give in and feed them, you all take the bait and it gets nasty, start calling names and flinging insults back and forth, I even did it a few times on the other site after a certain troll said my beliefs made me a commie..but you notice I'm no longer on that site, because I no longer wanted to feed the troll, so...

Time has come and passed for freedom of speech on Tnet..and it kinda makes me happy since I don't come to Tnet to get stressed out by trying to fit in.

What was I talking about ? You know with my A.D.D. I tend to lose my thought process and it is annoying.
Anyway, if you don't like it don't read it, that's why I stay out of certain forums, I don't go running to the powers that be, that in my opinion it should not be allowed, if I were that way I would push to get the paranormal and whatever else goes on in there..palm readings type stuff, IF I were like that I would say well it deeply offends my religious views..which it does, if you cannot talk about religion, then folks should not be able to talk about anti-religion topics!!...however I simply just don't go in there...is that so hard ?
Anyway I'm done ranting about this now, the ground is sorta thawed, at least the top several inches, and I have obtained permission to treasure hunt 11 1840-1880 Victorian mansions..all obtained through friends in local historical societies.

Always remember this situation happened because people that love to argue took the bait and ran with it...which would have been OK if folks would have remained civil towards each other..but that's not the way the world is anymore.

Mike

Glad to hear from you Mike,post pics of your finds. This is what people get trying to
push my buttons.

GOD Bless

Chris

R5508.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an interesting twist-

Open up a political forum for premium members. (I remember the Rubber Room)

Then, prior to posting you have to have your (verified) home address attached to the signature line.

It would be interesting to see how opinions and statements change when the veil of anonymity is removed.

Sure post name and address to the world. .... Never happen it violates our rules on posting personal info.

"You may not.... Post images of documents revealing personal information, including, but not limited to, private addresses or telephone numbers........."

Personally my opinions are the same in person as they are expressed on here. A passworded forum or forum under CM was always my choice.....

Mods will enforce what ever rules or direction admins decide...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me offer a summary before I close this thread down:

Tnet is a privately owned forum, and the owner have chosen a set of rules and given the task of enforcement to me and a few others. I intend to do my job to the best of my ability by keeping the forum free of topics that cause petty argument with no possible treasure related benefit to be had. If we feel that someone in particular is causing the distraction, it is our right to deal with that as we see fit. Please try not to be that person.

Personally, I pay attention and recognize the members of this forum for their many contributions to it's content. I think we have a good bunch of folks here and I'm glad to be a part of it. I would hate for a couple of topics that seem to consistently get out of hand to scare off any new members, or discourage long-members from coming back, hence the rule about politics and religion.

At this time, there are no plans to bring back those topics in any form.

Assuming we are all here to talk about treasure, lets get back to doing so. Please.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me offer a summary before I close this thread down:

Tnet is a privately owned forum, and the owners have chosen a set of rules and given the task of enforcement to me and a few others. I intend to do my job to the best of my ability by keeping the forum free of topics that cause petty argument with no possible treasure related benefit to be had. If we feel that someone in particular is causing the distraction, it is our right to deal with that as we see fit. Please try not to be that person.

Personally, I pay attention and recognize the members of this forum for their many contributions to it's content. I think we have a good bunch of folks here and I'm glad to be a part of it. I would hate for a couple of topics that seem to consistently get out of hand to scare off any new members, or discourage long-members from coming back, hence the rule about politics and religion.

At this time, there are no plans to bring back those topics in any form.

Assuming we are all here to talk about treasure, lets get back to doing so. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions