Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vast ocean found beneath ice of Saturn's moon Enceladus likely contains life

This latest discovery makes the interior of Enceladus "a very attractive potential place to look for life," said Cornell University planetary scientist Jonathan Lunine, who took part in the study.

This new ocean of liquid water — as big as or even bigger than North America's Lake Superior — is centered at the south pole of Enceladus and could encompass much if not most of the moon. Enceladus (ehn-SEHL'-uh-duhs) is about 310 miles across.

The data do not show if the ocean extends to the north pole, said the lead researcher, Luciano Iess of Sapienza University of Rome. At the very least, it's a regional sea some 25 miles deep under miles-thick ice. On Earth, it would stretch from our South Pole up to New Zealand — at the very least.

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This kind of stuff intrigues the hell out of me. I'm always reading about outer space and the discovers.

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But we still can't find a missing jet liner here on Earth.. :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
But we still can't find a missing jet liner here on Earth.. :dontknow:

I think that thread took flight. lol Frank...
111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well just based off pure math alone, being that there are billions of galaxies out there, if just .01% of those had actual planets, and just .01% of those were like our earth..there would in theory literally be millions of other advanced civilizations out there.
Anybody that cannot accept that is in some weird form of denial..I'm still waiting to meet ET..but if they ever show up..I'm sure somebody would shoot first and stuff whatever it is into a jar, then deny it ever happened.

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too Mike believe that the odds that we're the only life form in all of space is just not possible. And if you believe that to "think" we're the only advance intelligence is wrong also. We probably don't even realize what advanced intelligence even is. Them contacting us might be like us talking to an ant hill.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too Mike believe that the odds that we're the only life form in all of space is just not possible. And if you believe that to "think" we're the only advance intelligence is wrong also. We probably don't even realize what advanced intelligence even is. Them contacting us might be like us talking to an ant hill.

correct ! And who is to say there is not advanced Life on the moon ?
Just because we can't see it Breathe, or move, Doesn't mean it isn't.
perhaps in our view it looks like it takes a Million years to move a Foot,
but in their understanding, That foot was a million miles long and a hundred thousand
life spans.

after all it would be "Alien" to us.

also if somebody that looks exactly like us,
were a billion times the size of earth.
and we were on their breath.
while they were exhaling ,
Would we see them ? & if they were that large,
How many hundreds of thousands of years
would their exhale seem to Us ?

Ya Know, it may just feel like we are floating in a Universe :tongue3:

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Great post Jeff! The amazing thing is our own bodies are home for more than a trillion microorganisms..little living things, and scientists find more everyday.
The most incredible miracle there is, is the human brain, just think of the potential computing power it possesses, like seeing an object or smelling or even hearing a sound, and in a fraction of a second you may trigger a memory from decades earlier, imagine a computer that could search that fast, with so little info to go on...simply amazing!
It is all so complex, we humans feel we are so advanced, yet just 120 years ago look how life was for us, for myself in my own opinion, we are mere tadpoles yet in technological evolution, I would love to see where humans are 1000 years from now..providing we don't blow ourselves to bits with the hadron collider lol...they just may trying to create dark matter..who knows!

Mike

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Jeff! The amazing thing is our own bodies are home for more than a trillion microorganisms..little living things, and scientists find more everyday.
The most incredible miracle there is, is the human brain, just think of the potential computing power it possesses, like seeing an object or smelling or even hearing a sound, and in a fraction of a second you may trigger a memory from decades earlier, imagine a computer that could search that fast, with so little info to go on...simply amazing!
It is all so complex, we humans feel we are so advanced, yet just 120 years ago look how life was for us, for myself in my own opinion, we are mere tadpoles yet in technological evolution, I would love to see where humans are 1000 years from now..providing we don't blow ourselves to bits with the hadron collider lol...they just may trying to create dark matter..who knows!

Mike

yep & the whole Earths time period so far,or even till it's end,
wouldn't even amount to a blink of an Eye in the Scheme of things
out there.

We are here for us & that's it

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to know, If I could fly a rocket straight up, at what point would up stop ?
& how could up Stop ?
even if there is a Ceiling, there has to be up on the other side :laughing7:

same with time, it never could have started & can never end.

Now my brain hurts :tongue3:

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Well look at it like this, if you started walking in a straight line straight north, at some point you would no longer be going *up north* and then be going down south..just don't tell poor Columbus that since he was afraid of sailing off the edge lol

Mike

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda wish I could have put off being born for another hundred years or so. They will know so much more about outerspace by then I would think.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kinda wish I could have put off being born for another hundred years or so. They will know so much more about outerspace by then I would think.

I'm hoping maybe there is a limited amount of Souls to go around :laughing7:
and we just keep being reborn.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well look at it like this, if you started walking in a straight line straight north, at some point you would no longer be going *up north* and then be going down south..just don't tell poor Columbus that since he was afraid of sailing off the edge lol

Mike

Actually, Columbus knew from reading (a book whose discussion is Verbotten here) that the "circle" it mentioned was actually a sphere. He believed he would end up in the East Indies. That's why Native Americans were called "Indians."

It was his crew - who were uneducated and thus unable to discuss certain topics - who believed they would sail off the ends of the earth.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Actually, Columbus knew from reading (a book whose discussion is Verbotten here) that the "circle" it mentioned was actually a sphere. He believed he would end up in the East Indies. That's why Native Americans were called "Indians."

It was his crew - who were uneducated and thus unable to discuss certain topics - who believed they would sail off the ends of the earth.

Yea being unable to discuss certain topics is departmental at times. It's like trying to hold up the rails of a fence without the posts. lol Frank... 111-1 profileblk.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I'd like to know, If I could fly a rocket straight up, at what point would up stop ?
& how could up Stop ?
even if there is a Ceiling, there has to be up on the other side :laughing7:

same with time, it never could have started & can never end.

Now my brain hurts :tongue3:

Time and up are relative to a certain situation. They are like a tape measure. It starts where you place the bent over end and ends where it enters the tape body. Gravity gives you the impression of up and mans calculations on the rotation of the Earth gives you time. In another place neither would exist, or would be different.
Just a thought, Frank...
AA birds fresco.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread