I thought about it,I dont want to but,Im left with little choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought about it,I dont want to but,I'm left with little choice.

I thought about it,I dont want to but,I'm left with little choice.I'm going to sue my landlord.I'm not really like this but he's basically leaving me very little choice.I also do subcontracting for the guy.I havent received a raise in 6 years even though the guy has more money than god,why?He says he cant afford it after promising me steady raises after I took a lawsuit back that I had filed against him for renting me an illegal apartment.I would of won that lawsuit hands down.How it started was we were working on a house,he started being an a$$ to me,at the time I worked for him for 7 years.I had enough so I walked out on him.I went home,a few minutes later he comes banging on my door for the rent money,I told him to go screw himself.So he started the eviction process.I started looking at the building codes and the laws applying and such.Come to find out Ive been renting an illegal apartment.So I called the board of health and the building inspectors.The landlord wants to play games,I'm pretty good at playing them too.I found a real estate lawyer that would work on a contingency basis all set.Well when he was served the papers he came crying and whining to my house,he knew damn well he was going to lose and lose big,at the time I had lived in the apartment for roughly 13 years so basically he would of been handing me back every penny i ever gave him for rent roughly close to 100k.So he came crying,made his fake promises,I was a sucker and fell for it.since then not one of his promises have been kept.Right now we're back to square one except now he is selling the house out from underneath me with very little warning.
So far no luck in finding a new place to stay,he expects me to just up and leave already to pack and out of here after living here for close to 20 years,aint going to happen.Not when just for one lousy room I've seen people asking 1000 bucks a month.So he is leaving me very little alternative.I'm going to have to have the lawsuit started again.I dont want to but I have little choice.Theres a lot more to it there whats here,this is the short version.Its all on him though.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Everything happens for a reason my friend. You've been saying for a long time you want to get out of the Kommonwealth of Massachusetts and relocate to NH or another of the free states. Maybe this is the kick in the pants you needed. Tennessee has great weather, no state income tax, extremely low property taxes, and freedom. All the best however it all shakes out.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup buddy,I know how it will shake out,I'll win.My landlord is one of the most corrupt pieces of crap I've ever seen in a landlord.He's already on record for breaking and entering the apartment upstairs.He thinks he can walk in when ever he wants when nobody is home without giving advance notice

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'd be concerned about hiring a lawyer that would file a lawsuit on grounds of something that has been ongoing for 20 years and even had a lawsuit concerning the same problem retracted.

Good luck finding a place, at least it's not winter and hopefully you don't have any kids to worry about moving.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Red, if this had been going on for 20 years why did you let it go on so long? I used to be a landlord myself so I have been on the other side of these evictions more than once...my advice is to move on and forget the lawsuit. He owes you nothing. I know you don't want to hear that but that's what it is. As posted above everything happens for a reason. Forget about the past and go make a future for yourself...

sent from a potato...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Red.... As Bandit said... it's pretty good here compared to your state. AND.... I'm sitting on a beautiful 3 bedroom home with a very large deck. I've got to either find a good renter or sell it VERY SOON. Heading to MI. this morning for a 7-10 days get away and have to do "something" when I get back. Politics, religion and all topics will be allowed and uncensored upon the ridge (its my ridge).

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I'd be concerned about hiring a lawyer that would file a lawsuit on grounds of something that has been ongoing for 20 years and even had a lawsuit concerning the same problem retracted.

It hasnt been going on for 20 years,its been going on for 6 or 7 years.And I do already have a lawyer.The whole thing is fully documented.

He owes you nothing.

Actually he's going to be owing me quite a bit.You guys have to be checking Ma. law.Some thing just dont go away.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It hasnt been going on for 20 years,its been going on for 6 or 7 years.And I do already have a lawyer.The whole thing is fully documented.

Actually he's going to be owing me quite a bit.You guys have to be checking Ma. law.Some thing just dont go away.

Well good luck with it Red. Sometimes life just throws a curve ball at you...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes life just throws a curve ball at you...

The piece of garbage I'm talking about is about to get hit with a 150mph fast ball.:laughing7:Mass is pretty strict when it comes to housing laws.This guy is on record for violations even before I lived here,since the 1980s.People must of misread some of what I wrote.I didnt know this place was illegal until 6 or 7 years ago,I'd have to dig the paper work up to be precise.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Funny you mentioned Mass laws never going away.. I remember a news story from several years ago not long after they passed the mandatory year in jail for possession of a firearm without a special ID card. Some guy who had been serving time in a Massachusetts prison for several serious felonies was getting out. He found a very old law that was still on the books that said that upon his release the state had to provide him with a horse and a gun and he filed suit trying to force them to obey that law... Caused quite a stir at the time.... lmao

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing9:Yup NHB.Under certain circumstances some of the laws dont go away if you break them,regardless of how long it has been.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Red.... As Bandit said... it's pretty good here compared to your state. AND.... I'm sitting on a beautiful 3 bedroom home with a very large deck. I've got to either find a good renter or sell it VERY SOON. Heading to MI. this morning for a 7-10 days get away and have to do "something" when I get back. Politics, religion and all topics will be allowed and uncensored upon the ridge (its my ridge).

Does that mean I gotta put on my body armor ? Heh

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apologize for getting the numbers wrong, I thought you had worked for him 7 years and then it started and now it's 6 years later and you've been screwn. My mistake.

I did think that subcontractors usually set their own rates though. At least that how it was when I was contracting, bid requests went out and bids came back in. It wasn't always the lowest one that got the job though. If he was paying you by the hour as a sub and giving you a 1099, he was dodging the Workers Comp system and the tax system when it comes to FICA and the rest.

Again, good luck.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Accepted.He's the one that will need the luck davest, not me.Its open and shut,he is totally negligent due to his greed.Its all been documented.I had a nice little chat with the people that are buying the house too,funny because they see right through him also.Basically what he is is a slumlord.He's so cheap he squeaks walking around a corner.See what happens when your only concern is screwing people to fill your pockets,sooner or later it catches up to you and very bad things start to happen.Payback is a real mofu.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The funniest part about the whole thing is this dirtbag is supposedly a born again christian.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
An update on my problem which is no longer my problem but,my landlords problem:laughing7:I hired a lawyer,but,he's no ordinary lawyer.This guy usually fought the tenants for the landlords.But,in certain cases he'll take tenants on as clients against landlords.This guy positively despises landlords like I have,corrupt,greedy S.O.B.s,basically slumlords,cant stand them ,hates them with a passion.Plus he's going after the old crow that stole my 100 buck deposit on a place.The 30 day move out notice my landlord gave me,illegal,not worth the paper its printed on much less worth his word :laughing9:Life is good,legal revenge is even better.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything happens for a reason my friend. You've been saying for a long time you want to get out of the Kommonwealth of Massachusetts and relocate to NH or another of the free states. Maybe this is the kick in the pants you needed. Tennessee has great weather, no state income tax, extremely low property taxes, and freedom. All the best however it all shakes out.

I used to live in mn its a beautiful state and tax free on essentials like food clothes ect. Up north is damn nice a lot of woods smells good and all that.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad he was going to kick you out. Like it was nothing and you worked with him forever. I hope you get a nice stack of money. Best of luck to you. The court room is the worst place to be though. Spent many juvenile days in them

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come to think of it I wonder if I could file a lawsuit on the court system? I was 17 pulled me from school took me to court my name wasn't on the docket the had the pencil my name on it. It was for missing court I got no notice it was for truancy. Well they shackled me up I didn't even have a lawyer or pub defender. I was 17 they sent me to sit on a bench I didn't get a phone call. Sent me 2 hours to a correctional center. No one there could tell me why I was there. Got down graded because someone asked me if I wanted to go to church they had I declined said I wasn't religious just spiritual. Was there 2 days before my parents found out where I was. They called the court the police station and they said I was never there! Wtf I'd love to sue the pants off the crooked judge and court system here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread