CLOSING THREADS OPINION****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
INSTEAD OF CLOSING THREADS, WHY NOT JUST REMOVE THE 'OFFENDING POST'?
Or is this to simple?
Believe it or not, everything on here is not treasure hunting! Frank... Z poodle 1.jpg Some of us do poodle around!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im up for a Boxing ring where anything goes and if you cant stand the heat in the kitchen stay out .

Amen... don't get into the ring if your afraid of taking a blow. Hell in "real life" I've taken a few and I sure as hell have given more out. I didn't ask for opinions afterward either.

Frankn... your solution is probably just to easy... but I assure you the mods job then just went x10 fold. Wouldn't work.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I suggested that long ago Frankn.It went unheeded.Just as I suggested a vacation to those who go into threads and start problems instead of deleting the thread,unheeded.

Man o' War

Mar 15, 2014
N.E. Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Other
Thin skinned people here. It's had to believe they can even survive out in the real world. Site would be better with less censorship.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You can only say what they let you say. And Im not exactly sure what that is. So to be safe... all I have to say is.... nice find,thanks for sharing. (That seems to be permitted)

Got to train the slaves you know:laughing7:.Yes sir may I have another.

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on several forums and most frown upon members expressing their "opinions".
It's gotten pathetic, how else are humans to understand one another if we can't be expressive?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm on several forums and most frown upon members expressing their "opinions".
It's gotten pathetic, how else are humans to understand one another if we can't be expressive?

Now a days we're not,we're suppose to sit down,shut up and conform.Yes master.Sorry,over my dead body or theirs.Yeah,most likely theirs:laughing7:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
search terms, for more info.........

private companies and the internet bill of rights,......and the internet bill of rights

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some folks just don't give up, and keep pushing the limit.

IMO, the mod staff here is incredibly patient.

'Nuff said.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Frank it's because the current policy seems to be the same one that was often used back when I was in second grade. Little Billy is being disruptive so the whole class gets punished. And what did Little Billy do ? Well there was a group of kids over on one side of the room having a nice quiet conversation that wasn't hurting anyone. But Little Billy being the nosy, troublemaking, type couldn't resist the urge to sneak over and listen in on the conversation and then complain to the teacher about the subject of the conversation. Teacher is too busy to deal with Little Billy so they bring the hammer down on the entire class instead of telling Billy to mind his own business... I thought this kind of silly childish BS was behind me 50 years ago when I graduated to 3rd grade but it appears I was wrong. Disclaimer.. unless there is a member here by the name of Little Billy I have insulted nobody and I have broken no rules. Just calling it as I see it. Clearly to anyone paying attention at all the real problem here is Billy..

Last edited:

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
There are a lot of other sites on the interwebs that specialize in politics and stuff. This is a metal detecting forum. As much as I like to give my own opinions on the political stuff, I try to tone it down here because this place is for metal detecting. I think the mods do a fine job here and aren't too harsh. Just saying.

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is much easier to close a thread and move on than to have to go back and watchdog it. Those that would violate the terms of service are usually the same ones that can't seem to let go and get far too emotionally involved. Better, from a mod stance, to cut your losses and move on to the next fire.

I haven't been on this forum long but have been on many others and I can not echo the experience some have reported regarding why threads are moderated. I see folks being able to have discussions and share ideas and even strongly disagree. The problem comes when the name calling, degrading, threatening and abusive comments start to fly that the poster and the thread fall into question and risk being banned or closed.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is sad though that more political discussion isn't allowed on these sites because, the more that people are silenced, the easier it becomes to control the population. It's just another means of accomplishing the end result. Instead of discussing things that effect everyone, you shut everyone up which allows the controlling party, whoever it is, to advance their agenda without opposition. Plain and simple. Get used ot it because it's spreading.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
the more that people are silenced, the easier it becomes to control the population. It's just another means of accomplishing the end result.

Dats da hoe ideer.For we juss be dum stuped slaves.Ones theer dey wanna kep us der.No speeking ar mind,wee muss sit down,shudup and conform oar fase da massas whep.Dats da gods honust trut

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Treasure net. Go to the proper web site to discuss these things. For a few dollars you can even start your own web site. I discuss politics every day on two different main stream media forums . Fox News and MSN NewsVine.Now before everyone starts arguing about them,lol.. They are so opposite and opposing (total polar opposites) it gets very combative and heated. But even they will ban you for um say short periods of time for hard attacks. The language is awful and some very stupid but you have the same characters there every day beating the same drum same argument it is easy to cut the legs off a chair or make an educated rant towards current situations in todays world. That is what those places are for.I can not imaging following around editing non treasure related rants. Easier to delete the whole thing when it goes south. Start deleting post the thread may not make sense either.
I hope everyone is out metal detecting today. I am going back out and get on that grass. It is almost hay in places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread