Almost lost a finger today...

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I do landscaping for a living.... We were finishing up with work today when I raised the bed of the dump truck and tried to open the tailgate. When I opened the tailgate , the weight of the mulch pushing against the tailgate slammed it open. Finger got stuck between the tailgate and the chain for the tailgate with extreme amounts of force thus crushing my finger. The boss rushed me to the hospital where the doctors stitched me back up. He said that the skin on my finger could easily be "degloved" from my finger if it got pulled on ever so slightly. The doctor was surprised I didn't lose my finger. Most likely have severed a tendon which will not allow me to move my finger like it used to be moved. I'm also going to lose a big chunk of skin and my nail.
I hope no one finds these pictures disturbing but I'm posting them so you can see the ending of my day.
yja5e9ys.jpg
vyma7e4a.jpg
9yta5ebu.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll say it for you ....OUCH!!

Lucky to still have that one!

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH! I've slammed my finger too and that is one hurting I do not like. A buddy of mine got his slammed into the door of an armored Humvee and he lost his finger. Glad you are going to be ok

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ouchy! now THAT is a post. thanx for sharing