Was Columbus the First Explorer to Visit the Americas? The Evidence Says NO!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few miles east of where I live, a coin was found by a friend of mine using a metal detector, it was found about six" deep near an old houseplace, he found the coin in 1973, not far from a river in Western AR. I tried to purchase the coin for Gloria Farley, but was not able to,(later she bought it).
The coin was examined by DR. Barry Fell, & Norman Totten, they thought it was struck in ancient Carthage before 146 B.C.
It has a woman's head with four dolphins on one side, with a horse head & palm tree on the reverse.
Three Punic letters were on the coin, but partly worn off, repeat trips to the site with more powerful detectors turned up nothing
A picture of the coin is in Gloria's book, (In Plain Sight).

Fossis.....................

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: Was Columbus the First Explorer to Visit the Americas? The Evidence Says NO

Nick in NEPA wrote:
Where were the Carthaginian coins found long the Susquehanna?

With the new rules here on T-net I can't say more, but one was just north of Harrisburg on the east side. (This is published elsewhere) If you wish to know more about ancient coins found in PA and elsewhere in the USA, Lost Treasure magazine ran a couple of articles on the subject a few years ago, and you can find more info in Gloria Farley's book (In Plain Sight) as well as Dr Barry Fell's books America BC and Saga America. For the opposing view, Professor Epstein wrote a study on a number of ancient coins found in America, dismissing ALL of them as having been lost in modern times (I believe the magazine with his article is The Celator). Ms Farley also mentions another found in SE PA, but the exact location is unknown. Nearly all of the Punic coins found have been of the earlier types, which were very similar on the obverse side to coins struck by the Greek city-state of Syracuse, depicting Tanit (on the Punic coins) or Demeter/Kore (on the Greek coins) wearing triple-drop earrings and grain ears in her hair, and as Fossis mentioned, with dolphins circling the goddess. Similar to this one, struck in Panormos under Punic rule:
P_SNR50-35.jpg

Carthage was destroyed in 146 BC which is why no coins could be found that date to a later period, from that city. It is interesting that two Numidian coins have also been found in the USA, since Numidia was at one time a part of the Punic empire but later independent (after 196 BC) and we know from Polybius that some surviving libraries of Carthage were given to the princes of Numidia as rewards for helping the Romans to destroy the city.

Nick good luck and good hunting to you, you never know just what you might find - and you live in a great area for finding some very interesting (if highly controversial) artifacts and coins! After all, who cares if the 'experts' disagree as to the exact origins of a coin you find, when that coin is worth thousands$$$$ ;)

Oroblanco

K

Kentucky Kache

Another mysterious mummy was discovered deep inside of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. The cave is one of the largest natural enclosures of its kind in the world. There has been a number of well preserved cadavers, or "Mammoth Cave mummies" as they are usually called, found here since the cave was first discovered in 1809. One of these mummies, found on a deep ledge of the cavern in 1920, was only three feet tall and had red hair. Another Mammoth Cave mummy has been on occasional display at the State Museum of Anthropology in Lexington.

Giant skeletal remains have also been found in the state.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbot said:
Another mysterious mummy was discovered deep inside of Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. The cave is one of the largest natural enclosures of its kind in the world. There has been a number of well preserved cadavers, or "Mammoth Cave mummies" as they are usually called, found here since the cave was first discovered in 1809. One of these mummies, found on a deep ledge of the cavern in 1920, was only three feet tall and had red hair. Another Mammoth Cave mummy has been on occasional display at the State Museum of Anthropology in Lexington.

I hope to visit Mammoth cave someday, my Ancestors came
to Ar. from (Clifty Ky, just west of there).
Gloria Farley mentions several cases of giant Red haired mummies in
her book -In Plain Sight.

Fossis...............

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
When I was in Iceland earlier this year, they made sure to remind me on more than one occasion that Leifur Eiriksson was the first European in the Americas. But the first explorer ever? I'd guess it was someone from a VERY long time ago. Columbus should only be a footnote.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Fossis will have to chime in here.......

I know there are stories and rumors that there were many unusual finds that were either covered up, or some recovered items were supposedly dumped into the ocean by the Smithsonian. :P

Truly sad. The whole "Columbus" thing is a joke, IMO.

That would have to be a serious crime against humanity, to
actually conceive and devise such a lie to hide the truth.
Even A SIN against the Creator...
Hmmm, wonder who would be top candidate to want to do that...
Crosse :cross:

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the interesting reading of the above links,

But first i did i deed ask a couple of the young door-knocking Mormons about the Ancient texts and methods of translation.It was their belief that in fact the Mormon church doesn,t have any of the item and that they returned to heaven after the translation.They then had to rely on their faith.That sure helped poor J Smith when the angry crowd came for him.* ??? ??? ??? ??? So pretty much got only their word that indeed the items ever existed.I used this example as the best known claim to ancient world cultures traveling to the America's. Wish i hadn't as it has not very creditable in my opinion. ??? ???

The first link that you gave to read is a single find and the if you follow the the link to the main page this too is a modern day church"s religious info page.????? once again based on faith .

The second link which a text written by a Mr White which gives every reason why the rock art is infact fake. ??? ??? ??? And Mr white has distanced him self from this text and claims some else wrote it. ??? ??? ??? ???

The Links you can follow get even more interest, most wild claims and no evidence at all.Names of locations in wrong places Out by thousands of miles.
The people how wrote this have little unstanding of aboriginal culture let alone of that of Romes , Greeks or any of the others.25 % are well know legends and many have tried to prove of there existance but have NOT.
50 % make no sence at all.25% i can answer on the spot. No and Why. Please go back and read the links and other links provided by this site. you see will see what i mean. ??? ??? ???

There's a big issue with the map link.There is not one item being cultural or structures or animals or vegatation that has any to do with Australia and as the title Say's* BIG JAVA that's dead right the largest island in Indoneasia and the line Australia was called Big Java.Just another theory.

Also i would like to express this line of thought to you, yes Australia is vast and untouched place but would be indeed an advantage* in fact you were looking for evidence of other cultures.untouched sites which could be picked up* by satellite and easier to find.This process is infact used on many historic site in Australia today

The oldest known chinese structure of its type infact found in Australia is less than 1 mile from me and it dates 1850's.This has been comfirmed by experts from 3 countries.Against the finds and relics found was indeed a vase that dated from the 14 century but it was brought by chiness gold miners in 1850's.

Thanks for interesting post and i will add some links for you to read in relation to enviromental and climate factors that will truely show that no ancient race could* or would have wanted to stay here.welcome to the land of peoples of rainbow serpant.Sole owners for 50,000 years.Each single tribe had little time for the next and to cross breed is called BAD BLOOD and against their law. so infact they would have killed any persons of what ever race and era on the spot.
* * * * * tinpan

Great Stuff, Oro:
We need to find someone that can revive your data, if possible. :cross:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Nick in NEPA wrote:

With the new rules here on T-net I can't say more, but one was just north of Harrisburg on the east side. (This is published elsewhere) If you wish to know more about ancient coins found in PA and elsewhere in the USA, Lost Treasure magazine ran a couple of articles on the subject a few years ago, and you can find more info in Gloria Farley's book (In Plain Sight) as well as Dr Barry Fell's books America BC and Saga America. For the opposing view, Professor Epstein wrote a study on a number of ancient coins found in America, dismissing ALL of them as having been lost in modern times (I believe the magazine with his article is The Celator). Ms Farley also mentions another found in SE PA, but the exact location is unknown. Nearly all of the Punic coins found have been of the earlier types, which were very similar on the obverse side to coins struck by the Greek city-state of Syracuse, depicting Tanit (on the Punic coins) or Demeter/Kore (on the Greek coins) wearing triple-drop earrings and grain ears in her hair, and as Fossis mentioned, with dolphins circling the goddess. Similar to this one, struck in Panormos under Punic rule:
P_SNR50-35.jpg

Carthage was destroyed in 146 BC which is why no coins could be found that date to a later period, from that city. It is interesting that two Numidian coins have also been found in the USA, since Numidia was at one time a part of the Punic empire but later independent (after 196 BC) and we know from Polybius that some surviving libraries of Carthage were given to the princes of Numidia as rewards for helping the Romans to destroy the city.

Nick good luck and good hunting to you, you never know just what you might find - and you live in a great area for finding some very interesting (if highly controversial) artifacts and coins! After all, who cares if the 'experts' disagree as to the exact origins of a coin you find, when that coin is worth thousands$$$$ ;)

Oroblanco

We need this stuff published, it's like the fight people suffered,
getting the Original King James completed, with their lives... :cross:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

The ancestors of the ancient nephalim (The Fallen Ones), noted during the
time of GOD's servant Job, and Noah. But, the root of the false religious beliefs,
some awesome astronomical knowledge, human sacrifices, etc., the author of, Definitely being Lucifer (The false, lying, copycat, fake "Star Of The Morning"),
"The Evil One" the ex- Arch Angel, the covering, or protecting Cherub of The Most High, Yaheveh. He was given the ultimately HIGH position of "The Protecter
Of The Throne" of "The Only True And Living God"... :cross:

This went on, for who knows how long, until pride was found in him,
as when he said: I will ascend on high, I will be GOD,
I will be like "The Most High"... Author, Lucifer, "The father of all lies' ...

That, my friends, was the beginning of EVIL. But, how
many millennia ago, who but GOD and the Devil, "his fallen ones",
who looked upon the daughters of man, and saw that they were fair...
Then there were great and mighty men of renoun, mighty men of war... :cross:
and the True Holy Angels, really knows?... :cross:

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
We need this stuff published, it's like the fight people suffered,
getting the Original King James completed, with their lives... :cross:

Unfortunately most of my files and research, including photos that are (almost) impossible to replace, are locked in a dead computer. I had copies of the files on CDs, which turned out to be completely blank, my (now dead) computer had been "pretending" to burn the CDs as they looked fine on it, but when I needed the files it was a most unpleasant surprise. Some of the photos would be fairly compelling evidence of ancient visitors to America IMHO, so I have been trying to re-contact the persons I obtained them from.

I still plan to get the stuff published but is going to take me some time, maybe even a few years. Thanks for the thoughts however, amigo Cross de Sign and my sincere apologies to all those waiting for the book. I have learned my lesson though and now save files on DVDs that I test on other computers to be sure they are correctly burned and retrievable. There is something to be said for paper copies too.

Oroblanco
Oroblanco

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Unfortunately most of my files and research, including photos that are (almost) impossible to replace, are locked in a dead computer. I had copies of the files on CDs, which turned out to be completely blank, my (now dead) computer had been "pretending" to burn the CDs as they looked fine on it, but when I needed the files it was a most unpleasant surprise. Some of the photos would be fairly compelling evidence of ancient visitors to America IMHO, so I have been trying to re-contact the persons I obtained them from.

I still plan to get the stuff published but is going to take me some time, maybe even a few years. Thanks for the thoughts however, amigo Cross de Sign and my sincere apologies to all those waiting for the book. I have learned my lesson though and now save files on DVDs that I test on other computers to be sure they are correctly burned and retrievable. There is something to be said for paper copies too.

Oroblanco
Oroblanco

If the computer is dead, have you had someone try to pull the data off of the hard drive? There are tools (which are really cheap) that will allow you to connect the hard drive on that computer to a USB port on a working computer and let you access the data on the drive.

If it is the drive that has died, however, that would be expensive to remedy although it can be done.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
If the computer is dead, have you had someone try to pull the data off of the hard drive? There are tools (which are really cheap) that will allow you to connect the hard drive on that computer to a USB port on a working computer and let you access the data on the drive.

If it is the drive that has died, however, that would be expensive to remedy although it can be done.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried every trick I know with no luck; part of the issue is that it is an older computer and older type of hard drive, hard to find a compatible HD controller for it (16 bit) however a good friend of mine thinks he can get the info out, just have to arrange it for him to visit. (I don't want to ship it, have had computer parts not survive shipping unfortunately). In the meantime I have been keeping one eye open for new info to add like that link just posted about a Viking ship found near the Mississippi, which I had not heard of before plus several more Carthaginian coins have been found in the last couple of years. Even a couple have been posted here on T-net not TOO long ago, tried to buy one but could not afford to offer what it was worth.

To try to tie this back into the topic - there is evidence that quite a few different peoples "discovered" America, long before Columbus - here is a PARTIAL list:

Sir Henry Sinclair
Prince Madoc
Saint Brendan
Romans
Greeks
Carthaginians
Phoenicians
Africans
Arabs
Chinese (perhaps two separate and different discoveries, the first being the story of Fu Sang)
Japanese
Polynesians
Australian Aborigines
Celts
Germans
Malays

just for starters! Who or whom were the Red Ochre people, and were the Clovis people really the descendants of Solutrean colonists from Europe? Why are the base measurements of the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico, nearly identical to the base measurements of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt? No contact between the two cultures, we are told?

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried every trick I know with no luck; part of the issue is that it is an older computer and older type of hard drive, hard to find a compatible HD controller for it (16 bit) however a good friend of mine thinks he can get the info out, just have to arrange it for him to visit. (I don't want to ship it, have had computer parts not survive shipping unfortunately). In the meantime I have been keeping one eye open for new info to add like that link just posted about a Viking ship found near the Mississippi, which I had not heard of before plus several more Carthaginian coins have been found in the last couple of years. Even a couple have been posted here on T-net not TOO long ago, tried to buy one but could not afford to offer what it was worth.

To try to tie this back into the topic - there is evidence that quite a few different peoples "discovered" America, long before Columbus - here is a PARTIAL list:

Sir Henry Sinclair
Prince Madoc
Saint Brendan
Romans
Greeks
Carthaginians
Phoenicians
Africans
Arabs
Chinese (perhaps two separate and different discoveries, the first being the story of Fu Sang)
Japanese
Polynesians
Australian Aborigines
Celts
Germans
Malays

just for starters! Who or whom were the Red Ochre people, and were the Clovis people really the descendants of Solutrean colonists from Europe? Why are the base measurements of the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico, nearly identical to the base measurements of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt? No contact between the two cultures, we are told?

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Oro, Friend:

Continued Best Wishes, that you will get everything back...

Maybe they had CONTACT, via by air, that is, entities that
could fly their vehicles at the time. To instruct peoples, in
different continents, in the knowledge of the sacred ancient
astronomy, and secret ancient sacred geometry...

I bet Jesse James would've liked to have known, who carved and
built, some of the things that he found, while out riding his horses,
also. Or, maybe he knew, possibly was schooled by those, that knew?... :cross:

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Why are the base measurements of the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico, nearly identical to the base measurements of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt? No contact between the two cultures, we are told?

How familiar are you with the Bible? Read the account of the Tower of Babel and you may understand.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I fell for this story too! Its a hoax, the site is for satire only, they did not find this ship.

Ahh shucks! LOL! At least we still have our good ol' Paleo, Hebrew,
Carthaginian/Pheonician, Archaic, Pre Columbian, European, Historic American,
Outlaw, and UFO sites to learn from (I know I missed important ones)... :cross:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread