Anybody payin attention

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really. Didn't he fail to get BLM permits for the last several years or something so they took his livestock from public lands or something?

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Family been on the land since 1870's and they are trying to preempt state's rights to kick him off . Supposedly to protect some 'endangered' turtle , more than half of which they killed off to fit their plans .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The trouble started in 1993 when Bundy refused to pay the feds for the right to allow his cattle to graze on land that he claims has been in his family since the 1880s. His family actually owned the land before the Bureau of Land Management ever even came into existence; so how the federal government can now claim they own the land is a bit puzzling.

Feds Steal Ranchers Cattle in Armed Helicopter Raids: Feds attempt to rub out Family Farmers

federalraid.jpg

Federal Government Raiding Bundy’s Farm Stealing His Cattle

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cowboy spelling errors.

If you don't laugh at ebonics (and I don't), you have no reason to criticize his spelling either.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
This has been going on for years. There was a case in Wyoming where they tried to take a ranchers cattle. He called the Sheriff. The Sheriff came out and told BLM officers that he would arrest the first BLM officer that touched the cattle BLM left. You see the Sheriff is an elected official and can evict any federal official from his county. That law goes way back and from what I have read it applies to all counties in all states. Frank...
111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Wow! Of course I don't know anymore than what I just read here and see in the video! If they have been there since the late 1880's leave them alone! This is nuts to me! What are they hurting? I'm not even allowed to finish my rant because of rules!

The greens don't want them there!!!!!! Frank...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am paying Attention! There is a lot more at stake than a simple failure to pay the toll.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Cattleman owes over $1-million in grazing fees to the BLM (i.e. you and me). Just sayin..

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cattleman owes over $1-million in grazing fees to the BLM (i.e. you and me). Just sayin..

Absolutely agree! It's that way across the board.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is all over the desert tortoise that is dying off due to predation from ravens and coyotes. The tortoise shell stays relatively soft until they reach around 5 years old so they can grow. Until then, the shell is easily pierced by a beak or teeth. I can blow up a lot of bandwidth here with scientific studies proving this if ya'll really want me too.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Absolutely agree! It's that way across the board.

Wow,, That simple is it,, Needs paid to you and me? What is the cost since 1880?

The BLM is a Land grab,,, FROM you and ME. And you are worried about poaching on the Kings land in THIS COUNTRY?????

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am paying Attention! There is a lot more at stake than a simple failure to pay the toll.

Yes there is. What couldn't be done through scientific fiat will now be tried through sheer intimidation. The one thing that always seems to be forgotten in these situations is the fact that there is no more dangerous weapon than someone with nothing left to lose.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no mystery here folks. We have cattlemen in Arizona that have posted BLM land and tried to claim it as their own. They have kicked off gold prospectors and campers like it was their private property. We have greenies that have tried the same tired desert tortoise dodge in Arizona as well - nothing new. This case is not a simple one. The cattleman decided he wasn't going to pay the required fees anymore, he lost in court, his time is up and he is pissed off. Stuff happens. He fought the law and the law won.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do more research, problem started when red river which was his land bountry changed course over time and BLM claimed the land that used to belong to their family. They were paying taxes and tilling land for years before government claimed it....

" Since 1993, Cliven Bundy has been battling the agency, as well as the National Park Service, the Center for Biological Diversity and the courts, to graze his cattle on 150 square miles of Gold Butte scrub land in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control.."

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/04...ts-in-escalating-confiscation-standoff-111391

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......[/QUOTE]

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is no mystery here folks. We have cattlemen in Arizona that have posted BLM land and tried to claim it as their own. They have kicked off gold prospectors and campers like it was their private property. We have greenies that have tried the same tired desert tortoise dodge in Arizona as well - nothing new. This case is not a simple one. The cattleman decided he wasn't going to pay the required fees anymore, he lost in court, his time is up and he is pissed off. Stuff happens. He fought the law and the law won.

There are other circumstances involved here that the BLM FORCED in order to bring this to this conclusion.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control..

And there lies the central dispute. The gooberment says it is public land, and the cattleman says it isn't. Sticky wicket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread