old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this date in 1775 the American Revolution began.

On this date in 1906 the San Francisco earthquake occurred.

On this date in 1995 the Oklahoma City Federal Building bombing occurred.

On this date in 1993 the Branch Davidians Texas died in the fire after a 51 siege.

Just a few on the list.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I must have been thinking a Lil less shallow, sorry, I can't remember anything anymore...RJC mind sending me a PM about what people have forgot, I don't like to forget important things...forgot my anniversary last year...did NOT go over well

Mike

PS never knew those two events shared the same date.
For the record the american revolution does not mean much to me, since most of my family was native to these lands, makes it kinda an insult, especially to anybody on my fathers side.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say that the most important were those that began fight for the cause of Freedom in 1775.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the time the simpsons first came on tv in 1987

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent answer old digger:occasion14:

Mike I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.I have my moms ancestors,then I have my dads ancestors.What really did the decimating was greed and the expansion west,manifest destiny.It was driven by greed,not quest for freedom.If america had stayed a british colony no doubt the same thing would of happened.The classic example is India and africa.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
i know all about it! one of my relatives was on the green
that day!..he was the one hiding behind a "tree!".ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep I know about it :icon_thumright: most importantly My Great Nephew (age 4) & Great Niece (age 7) this year,
will be having their Birthday Party
April 19th

That makes it a Very Special Day :headbang: worth Celebrating :occasion15::occasion18::occasion14:
occasion16.gif
coffee2.gif

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
i know all about it! one of my relatives was on the green
that day!..he was the one hiding behind a "tree!".ehe! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
Funny... One of mine really was there. Sergeant Seth Brooks of the Acton Mass militia. 8th Generation great grandfather. His commanding officer was Captain Isaac Davis, the first officer killed in the Revolutionary War and was killed by the British on that day and is the man who the statue on Red's avatar is modeled after. He helped to carry Captain Davis to a nearby house and was present when he took his last breath. Here is his hand written account of that day... The names of these brave men who started it all weren't even published until many years later because if their names had been known at the time they would have been hung for treason against the King. On Saturday I will be drinking a toast to them and the sacrifices they made for all of us. The second page posted is the list of those men.

Attachments

• Seth Brooks Affadavit.jpg
    Seth Brooks Affadavit.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Seth Brooks _Robbins Translated.jpg
    Seth Brooks _Robbins Translated.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Nope Mike. Sorry for the confusing post. My great grand dad carried that guy off the battlefield after the guy the statue is of (Captain Isaac Davis) was shot & killed. My guy lived to the ripe old age of 91 which was a LONG time in those days.

Attachments

• Seth Brooks Grave_Woodlawn.jpg
    Seth Brooks Grave_Woodlawn.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 64

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Excellent answer old digger:occasion14:

Mike I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.I have my moms ancestors,then I have my dads ancestors.What really did the decimating was greed and the expansion west,manifest destiny.It was driven by greed,not quest for freedom.If america had stayed a british colony no doubt the same thing would of happened.The classic example is India and africa.
I'm in the same position ,RJC . Both sides of my family were first settlers and assimilated with the indigenous tribes . Traded , intermarried , and worked for the best of both worlds . Greed of latecomers is what led to problems that developed into total war .
>Sucks how history keeps repeating its self .

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, BC and NHB, my family has relations from the natives and the patriots. Red is correct that it wasn't just the patriots who decimated the natives, the Spanish, French, and English had been at it for over a hundred years before that fateful day. It was just "whitey" in the beginning, but the "Buffalo Soldiers" came in and did their part in the 1870s. My great and so on was a Stickney and answered the call at Concord and Lexington, so I guess our ancestors were neighbors NHB. Funny thing about Stickney, he also marched to beantown for the fight on Breed's Hill but had never worn shoes much before the march and got severe blisters and only made it to a few miles out and missed that battle. By the way, do you guys with native ancestry have type B positive blood?? It is common among native americans, rare among whites.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I say it is a tough pic!
On this date in 1775 the American Revolution began.
On this date in 1993 the Branch Davidians Texas died in the fire after a 51 siege.
You win some, you loose some!
Frank...
liberty lady.jpg liberty lady.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yah, BC and NHB, my family has relations from the natives and the patriots. Red is correct that it wasn't just the patriots who decimated the natives, the Spanish, French, and English had been at it for over a hundred years before that fateful day. It was just "whitey" in the beginning, but the "Buffalo Soldiers" came in and did their part in the 1870s. My great and so on was a Stickney and answered the call at Concord and Lexington, so I guess our ancestors were neighbors NHB. Funny thing about Stickney, he also marched to beantown for the fight on Breed's Hill but had never worn shoes much before the march and got severe blisters and only made it to a few miles out and missed that battle. By the way, do you guys with native ancestry have type B positive blood?? It is common among native americans, rare among whites.

Close, I'm ab negative.
Edit, which means if I ever need a transfusion, I'm probably gonna die lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread