Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have experience with both subjects here but unfortunately can't respond in regards to cigarettes without being political because it involves the government!
:BangHead:
As for pot....it affects people differently. Those who are uptight, worry all the time, or have some degree of paranoia do not enjoy it.
The only lazy potheads I know personally were already lazy to begin with! Some get silly, some talk like a California surfer, and some become a toad stool.
I actually become smarter, creative, and motivated. There's countless mundane jobs that I didn't want to do but after a little herb.......I get 'er done!
Alcohol makes me dumb and stupid. Weed does the opposite.
There's countless famous writers, artists, and musicians that would never have created what they did without Mary Jane.
A pack of smokes out here costs $15 (cheaper brand) for 25 cigs......A gram of Kush costs $10.
One gives you something for your money and the other.....well, it brings you closer to death!
I'm currently trying to quit smoking the brown stuff.
I quit smoking the green stuff for 7 years without any temptations. No problemo.
Besides, how else could a father (two weeks younger than Ozzy) and his 40 year-old son attend the Sabbath concert together last week?
We smoked something before going in! :headbang:
Cheers,
Dave.

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it's true that there are a number of successful people who smoke funny weed, those that are successful do not smoke it while working, in my experience. They may smoke it at home, at night, or on the weekend at their home, but they do not smoke it all the time and do not smoke it at work. Unfortunately, too many of the "worker class" do smoke it on coffee breaks at work, lunch breaks and any other time they can get a few minutes at work. That makes a major difference in the two groups thinking and performance and that's where the difference comes in. I smoke cigarettes and have for many years, but cigs have never altered my thinking where as pot does and will. Pot smokers should be considered smokers under the definition regarding Obammycare, but won't be because pot smokers are liked by certain groups and cig smokers are not. It's that simple, but the reasoning behind it is very plain if a person looks into it.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's silly to try and hold the argument that pot & alcohol aren't serious issues in our society. And here it is, "If there was no behavioral effect from using these stimulants then people wouldn't use them, PERIOD! Those who drink and smoke weed in a recreational sense do it for the buzz, and the buzz alone. I have seen first hand the effect weed can have on drivers, seriously altering their reaction time and decision making abilities. Alcohol needs no explaining as we are all aware of the adverse effects of its use, this one substance alone effecting more people in our society then all the others combined. "So where is the warning label? Why isn't it mandated to be on the containers?" The answer to this is quite simple, those who enjoy the substance, weather routinely or on just occasion, don't want to be, and in many cases, can't afford to be, publicly associated with something that carries serious health risk and warnings. Once that label is on those containers these people publicly become just as weak, just as suspect, and just as scrutinized as anyone else. And there it is.....in my opinion this is the cold hard truth. :thumbsup: "If I enjoy it, I'm going to protect it."

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hrm in what way exactly have you seen how it effects drivers ? Have my curiosity on that.
If anything in my experience, and of watching others over the years, it makes for better drivers, since it tends to make you more aware of your surroundings.
In all my years I've never once heard of somebody that wrecked because they smoked some pot, on the other side of the token, I have personally known a lot of people who drank alcohol and drove, then killed either their selves or other innocent drivers/passengers.
I would be willing to bet that every adult on here has heard of some drunk killing people.
/rant off

Mike

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hrm in what way exactly have you seen how it effects drivers ? Have my curiosity on that. If anything in my experience, and of watching others over the years, it makes for better drivers, since it tends to make you more aware of your surroundings. In all my years I've never once heard of somebody that wrecked because they smoked some pot, on the other side of the token, I have personally known a lot of people who drank alcohol and drove, then killed either their selves or other innocent drivers/passengers. I would be willing to bet that every adult on here has heard of some drunk killing people. /rant off Mike
I certainly agree! You have more trouble driving MINIMUM speed sometimes and more aware of surroundings, probably from paranoia of it being illegal.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hrm in what way exactly have you seen how it effects drivers ? Have my curiosity on that.
If anything in my experience, and of watching others over the years, it makes for better drivers, since it tends to make you more aware of your surroundings.
In all my years I've never once heard of somebody that wrecked because they smoked some pot, on the other side of the token, I have personally known a lot of people who drank alcohol and drove, then killed either their selves or other innocent drivers/passengers.
I would be willing to bet that every adult on here has heard of some drunk killing people.
/rant off

Mike

Yeah mmm... I had a friend who used to say the same thing about drinking alcohol. It made him more aware ... however the affected motor skills made him more dangerous. The fact is it alters your mental state and it does slow reflexes. Two items that need to be running at peak efficiency when you are driving, shooting, or anything else where the life of others may be involved.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly agree! You have more trouble driving MINIMUM speed sometimes and more aware of surroundings, probably from paranoia of it being illegal.

I found it hard to get past all the fast food restaurants........LOL

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It is funny how the word "addiction" can apply to many "non-medical" activities. My cousin started jogging some years back, decided he really liked it, started jogging every day, then sometimes twice a day, the miles were really stacking up as he continued to grow thinner and thinner and thinner. Finally his brothers had a talk with him about it and he admitted that he just couldn't stop, house was even full of Jogging & running mags, etc. Eventually he got sick, sick enough that it finally scared him. Today he looks good and he feels great. He must be in his mid-sixties now and he will still tell you, "I fight the urge to start jogging again all the time." People get addicted to all sorts of "unhealthy" things to the point that it becomes abusive. Just look at video games and even texting. So......:dontknow:

Now that you mention it, I become addictive to many things like Photography, painting, electronics, metal detecting, travel, etc.. but I seem to have a built in limit switch. I usually get as good as I can get at them and then I automaticly try the next adventure. Metal detecting has lasted the longest because every cache hunt is different and in a different location. Maybe posting is wearing thin. So thin that I don't want to get conned into paying $20 to do it. There is so much free area. Just some thoughts. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
You know it does not affect everybody the same right ? With that being said, it also has a lot to do with the type of pot it is too.
Some weed, will make you eat everything in the fridge/pantry then giggle then pass out aka couch lock, normally those strains come from the cannabis sativa variety of plants.
Then you have the cannabis indica plants whose strains offer up a head buzz, those make the world come alive in 4d's, increase all your mental states and make you completely aware of everything.
Trust me on that, when getting together with the farmers in the morning to "get right with the world" them heady highs make the hardest working men I've ever met in my life, become unstoppable machines, complete with total mental clarity.

Mike

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, this "isn't" a political post, so I'll see if I can muster an answer to my curiosity here, so here goes.

Under the new Healthcare guidelines, "pre-existing conditions" are no longer suppose to be factored into your monthly healthcare premiums. However, I am curious to the following....smoking is an addiction, just as one can be addicted to meth, cocaine, heroine, and even alcohol, yet these addictions, or pre-existing conditions are not allowed to be factored into your healthcare premiums, and they do not cause an automatic 20-25% premium increase as does smoking. So my question is, what, or I guess how, was the addiction of smoking excluded from all these other forms of "pre-existing" addictions/conditions? Seems to me that smoking, an addiction just like anything else, is a pre-existing condition. So what am I missing here? :dontknow: Anyone care to share their thoughts/knowledge on the subject?

This definitely is a political post. It was hidden from the politics forum because you hadn't signed the rules post in that forum yet. Please do and I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread