question for mods

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm wondering how discussing what is covered and charged under the Affordable Care Act (law) is being "political"? I know you guys have the final say on what can be said about anything but it would be nice to know the limits. Is it that we can't talk about anything that reflects negatively on the present administration only or can we not question ANY laws or programs established by the federal government? For instance, Raegan said that the federal government should not interfere with state governments and their laws. In the next breath he said that any state that doesn't raise their drinking age to 21 won't get any federal highway money. Is that considered political or can it be openly discussed in this forum beacuse it doesn't involve the present administration?
Is discussing Social Security and Medicare off limits? Seems to be about the same subject to me. What is and isn't covered and what it costs participants ( and non-participants)

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
While this subject may affect persons who don't swing detectors, persons who don't hunt caches, persons who hunt coin rolls, persons who design and build machines and tools used in our hobby ... they also affect each and every one of us who do those things as well.

This is not political. No one mentioned the failed site or the numerous security flaws or the malware installed by the site (which may actually be part of what Mr. Snowden was warning about).

No, all that was discussed is: Why is smoking cigarettes treated differently than other addictions that affect people (including the members here) negatively?

As we all will need healthcare at some point in our lives, this is not a political issue any longer. This is a health matter. Unfortunately, Political forces made it such and we have no choice in the matter.

Perhaps, instead of removing or locking the thread, or even moving it to the political section, it should have been moved to the "Health" section of "Everything Else."

There is such a thing as going too far to prove a point. Once it goes beyond a certain point, it can even become abuse.

I hope this forum never gets to that point, but that may require someone grabbing the tiller to apply the brakes as we go down the mountain.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Affordable Care Act (law) is political Chad, it can be discussed on the politics forum..

You know what politics is and I willing to bet you have a good idea of what will cross the line set by admins...

Discussing fed gov laws good or bad not directly related to main treasure topics found here is not allowed except on politics forum..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If it stays up until the fall I MAY consider it.

Personally, I'll be surprised if it lasts until the summer begins.

... as soon as the new charter memberships peter out I'd wager that forum will be a memory --- just like last time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it stays up until the fall I MAY consider it.

Personally, I'll be surprised if it lasts until the summer begins.

... as soon as the new charter memberships peter out I'd wager that forum will be a memory --- just like last time.

I will take the bet...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packerbacker, I see your point, and it was my initial thought as well. But, unfortunately, due to the origination of the new Healthcare Act I guess it is a political topic. If we were discussing private healthcare providers then "perhaps" maybe not political, but even then it would be hard to avoid political/government issues effecting those private providers. The really sad part is that it's getting harder and harder to find much of anything to discuss these days that doesn't include government, and or, the effects of politics. Having said that, figure this one out. A Florida resident is still required to carry a "FREE" surf fishing license just so he can show that he is a resident, their driver's license apparently not presenting enough proof. :icon_scratch:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, since this is a country where everything is regulated by law, Perhaps the political forum will wind up being the only forum. Hay, everybody will have to kick in $20.
Perhaps it would be far easier to say what subjects we can talk about outside the pay for your view forum.
Lets see, there is metal detecting and ????????????????????????????????????????????? Frank...
111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
To be honest, the only ones who inserted politics into the discussion were the ones who started with the "legalize cannabis" crapola!

Prior to that, the thread was carefully and successfully avoiding any political discussion.

Why punish those of us who behaved prior to that group of folks derailing the thread?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest, the only ones who inserted politics into the discussion were the ones who started with the "legalize cannabis" crapola!

Prior to that, the thread was carefully and successfully avoiding any political discussion.

Why punish those of us who behaved prior to that group of folks derailing the thread?

Chadeaux, obamacare or ACA or any other name you wish to call it, it is still a political subject. ...

Discussion of any laws or programs established by the federal government that is not directly related to treasure hunting is considered politics...

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll say this for em they never give up!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Discussion of any laws or programs established by the federal government that is not directly related to treasure hunting is considered politics...

Health care is a very important part of treasure hunting,cant go metal detecting,treasure hunting,if youre dead. :laughing7: Right?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other

Not to be a stickler for details, but in that thread the first person to mention cannabis was you man, what's worse you blanket insulted anybody that uses it by saying they are dimwits.
So not sure what to say now.

Mike

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When it came to cigarette smoking, yes I MENTIONED canabis as smoking it is just as serious of a health concern as cigarettes --- if not a more serious threat than smoking cigarettes. Many more chemicals involved there, yet it is treated differently than smoking cigarettes.

I never said that the government was wrong in not legalizing the substance, or tried to persuade others to violate the law. Big difference.

That throws it into politics.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll say this for em they never give up!

Jeff buddy,some people just arent quitters when it is a natural for others to do.Some people are born,the harder you push them more firm their stand becomes,I know,thats me.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jeff buddy,some people just arent quitters when it is a natural for others to do.Some people are born,the harder you push them more firm their stand becomes,I know,thats me.

True, but then there's ... those who must follow - forget matter right or wrong, they must be compliant:

Inspired by true events, COMPLIANCE tells the chilling story of just how far one might go to obey a figure of authority. On a particularly busy day at a suburban Ohio fast food joint, high-strung manager Sandra (Ann Dowd) receives a phone call from a police officer saying that an employee, a pretty young blonde named Becky (Dreama Walker), has stolen money from a customer. Convinced she’s only doing what’s right, Sandra commences the investigation, following step-by-step instructions from the officer at the other end of the line, no matter how invasive they become.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
True, but then there's ... those who must follow - forget matter right or wrong, they must be compliant:

Ahhh that is true,so very true.How forgetful of me not to include that,excuse me a moment.................:BangHead:.......There thats better.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Now we're back to the "herd" mentally. It doesn't matter where were headed... but we're GOING!!!!! Or if your leader lies... the followers swear to it as gospel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread