Re-asking a question about IGNORING THREADS

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I hear ya TH it just gets old. My ancestors fought for the right to speak our minds. If I post that I don't like onions on my pizza that's my personal opinion and I should have the right to post that since it hurts no-one. If I post that people who like onions are idiots THAT is offensive and shouldn't be allowed. Do ya get the difference ? It's silly and childish to allow whiny people to jump on MY comment and complain that pizza has nothing to do with treasure hunting.... Allowing them to do so has created a ton of un-needed conflict on here, many many time outs being issued on both sides and alot of hard feelings. The huge majority of members here are grown adults. We need a "no whining" rule....

Attachments

• pillow.jpg
    pillow.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You want option to ignore thread, but bulk at existing option to ignore people who you say bait you??

It was in the thread I had already tried to ignore. Unfortunately, curiosity got the best of me because the individual was following my posts and trying to provoke.

I had put the individual on ignore, but when you see them comment directly after you ten or more times in a week ... and someone quotes their post you can't help but read it and see it is an attack ...

I complained to the mods about their actions, yet they continued for several weeks unabated.

Well, I made a bad decision and took matters into my own hands.

Felt good though when I did it ... just like most bad decisions of that ilk.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a no whining rule in politics forum...

If you say you think all onions should be outlawed, I can say are you a complete idiot, I have a right to all the onions I want...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh, and since you brought it up, what about not allowing quotes from the offending individual to be visible if you're ignoring them?

Since the folks who get ignored know that doesn't work, they bait knowing that you will see their comment anyhow when someone else quotes them to correct them or praise them.

The only way I could make that persons posts go away would be to ignore everyone I have ever dealt with on here except for HossKGC and Clueman.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and since you brought it up, what about not allowing quotes from the offending individual to be visible if you're ignoring them?

Since the folks who get ignored know that doesn't work, they bait knowing that you will see their comment anyhow when someone else quotes them to correct them or praise them.

The only way I could make that persons posts go away would be to ignore everyone I have ever dealt with on here except for HossKGC and Clueman.

No way to put quotes on ignore, even on the old forum that couldn't be done.

In the end it is every person's responsibility to follow TN rules.

Just had a member I asked in forums and again politely asked in a pm to please stop posting politics in gen forums, he deciding a proper pm response would be to curse me out.......Now he has 2 weeks to think about his next post...

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't take the bait! Never mind me I just wandered into a thread i know nothing about! lol After reading it I'm still lost!:laughing7:

We use to have a 2nd admendment forum that was closed for 4 months It is now part of the politics forum under charter members..

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Still pondering the "politics" forum and patiently waiting for my government "entitlement" check to get here. You know, that money me & my employers paid in all the years I worked.. Hope that's not a political statement.

Attachments

• FUNNY BABY BLINKING EYES GIF.gif
    FUNNY BABY BLINKING EYES GIF.gif
    154.9 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now ,I'm hungry for a pizza with onions! Geee thanks guys! You guys probably own the local pizza shop and I just took the bait! Thanks!!

How did you figure that one out? This is supposed to be "subliminal advertising".

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You new guys that have only been here a month or 2 are making common sense suggestions of course. If you're not interested in the program don't turn on that channel. What you missed and what chadeaux is asking for is a level playing field. Several of us, myself included got time outs on here because of constant whining by thin skinned members who don't have the spine to follow that advice or what I believe to be true is that they purposely clicked on those topics with the express intention of looking for things to complain about. It's against the rules to outright call them trolls so I won't do that and I'm not naming names.... I think I know the thread that chadeaux is referring to that's lodaed with political content and why those guys haven't been told they have to pay to play in the newly created "members only" politics forum is beyond me. The issue here is not whether or not to read things that don't interest you. The issue is having the same set of rules for everyone. Treasure Hunter and at least one other of the mods knows this to be true and I hope my comments are allowed to stand since every word of it is absolutely the truth. Hope this helps. And welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here. Hope I don't offend anyone, but I've found that if you ignore someone long enough, they'll usually go away,

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here. Hope I don't offend anyone, but I've found that if you ignore someone long enough, they'll usually go away,

I can assure you that not one person on this thread so far is offended.

Welcome to Tnet.

Don't mind me too much though. I'm probably not the best example of how one should behave here.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you please tell me where you are you going to ignore threads.... ?......Are you going to thread tools to ignore a thread....?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Thread Tools ...

Thank you, just making sure....

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BUMP!!!

Then again, maybe the Tnet has put the idea on ignore?

Please, address my concern.

Maybe if you guys fixed this option it wouldn't have caused such stress in the past.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I addressed it other threads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread