Botched Execution of death row inmate

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I see nothing wrong about the way he died.. His victim suffered more than he did.. If people are so worried about a quick and humane death, they should bring back the Guillotine.. It's quick, cheap, and insures that death will take place.. It worked just fine for France and Germany, why not in America..

I would submit that the Guillotine is not actually quick and humane.

It has been well documented that people have spoken to the severed head as much as 60 seconds after the deed, and the eyes have responded to the voice. So, one really would not want to be locked in a severed head still conscious to the slow hell of knowing the body is gone - in addition to imagining the shock and horror of the jolt of the nervous system to the brain of a disengaged body :)

That said, this poor tortured man should perhaps have been executed by Guillotine :)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe if we untied his hands after his head is locked in he'd get up and run around like a chicken? With that said.... I just can't have any sympathy for people like this. TH... that dull blade doesn't sound all bad. Still say just use a bullet.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why her murderer was executed:

Neiman was dropping off a friend at a Perry residence on June 3, 1999, the same evening Clayton Lockett and two accomplices decided to pull a home invasion robbery there. Neiman fought Lockett when he tried to take the keys to her truck.

The men beat her and used duct tape to bind her hands and cover her mouth. Even after being kidnapped and driven to a dusty country road, Neiman didn’t back down when Lockett asked if she planned to contact police.

The men had also beaten and kidnapped Neiman’s friend along with Bobby Bornt, who lived in the residence, and Bornt’s 9-month-old baby.

Steve and Susie Neiman asked jurors to give Lockett the death penalty for taking the life of their only child, who had graduated from Perry High School two weeks before her death.

Lockett later told police “he decided to kill Stephanie because she would not agree to keep quiet,” court records state.

Neiman was forced to watch as Lockett’s accomplice, Shawn Mathis, spent 20 minutes digging a shallow grave in a ditch beside the road. Her friends saw Neiman standing in the ditch and heard a single shot.
Lockett returned to the truck because the gun had jammed. He later said he could hear Neiman pleading, “Oh God, please, please” as he fixed the shotgun.

The men could be heard “laughing about how tough Stephanie was” before Lockett shot Neiman a second time.

“He ordered Mathis to bury her, despite the fact that Mathis informed him Stephanie was still alive.”

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it was not "botched" --the man was to die --he died -- job done--was it a "neat and tidy" death ? --no it was not , was the death he gave his victim for which his life was to be "forfeited" ---"neat and tidy " no it was not -- as the good book says -- as you sow ,so shall ye reap,---- and also--- do unto others as you would have done unto you. -- was it "neat and tidy" no it was not --was justice served --yes it was.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"“He ordered Mathis to bury her, despite the fact that Mathis informed him Stephanie was still alive.”

We need to try out the dull Guillotine idea on this Mathis guy.... Anybody know what's up with his future? I'm pretty good at designing things and building items out of wood. Somebody got a blade and some rope. We don't need a basket either.... we'll just dig a hole.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wonder why this wasn't branded a "hate crime" as the victim was female, the perps were male ... the victim was white, the perps were not ... nope, couldn't be a hate crime.

Turn everything backwards though, and you couldn't keep Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson away with a 100' wide moat.

Yeah, they are "The Justice Brothers" don'tca know!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder why this wasn't branded a "hate crime" as the victim was female, the perps were male ... the victim was white, the perps were not ...

It's only a hate crime if..... And that doesn't apply to those of us who are honest, work for a living, and break no laws......

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember watching tv some time back with a lot of family members around. On the news they were discussing a case where some o' pervert had molested a young boy. We were all discussing what his punishment should be when my grandmother spoke up. She was never one to say anything off color, especially with children around but she said this guy should be stripped down. have his sack nailed to a stump and then push him over backwards. I always knew she was strict but I had know idea of how far she could go. :)

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This was live in (I believe) 1980 and I was watching the return of this scum bag on the news and saw it happen ... live.

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the Geoffrey Dalmer case.
Everybody on earth knew that we was as guilty as sin! Society gave us headlines and a verdict.
But it was the INMATES that gave us justice!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Like the Geoffrey Dalmer case.
Everybody on earth knew that we was as guilty as sin! Society gave us headlines and a verdict.
But it was the INMATES that gave us justice!

I remember the announcement when it happened. Local announcer said: "Jeffrey Dahmer has assumed room temperature."

Yeah, I know that shill Rush Limbaugh said it too, but I heard it locally first.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll give ya'll some honesty and a confession.

I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE an animal. Now let me tell you why.

We all have heroes. We strive to be like them, knowing full well and good that most of us will never succeed. Or so we're told.

My daughter's ex boyfriend brought a gun to school here VERY recently, locked, loaded, and ready rock. I have taught my stepchildren well and they have learned well, especially my stepdaughter. She stands 4' 11" tall and weighs about 95 lbs. on a good day. She put here behind on the line for everybody in that classroom when her ex showed her he had that gun. SHE talked him down and got him to take the gun home.

What she told me after we got done talking to the principal made me proud.

She told me in order to save my friends I placed my feet the way you showed me. My body was ready to kill in order to save others. I would have done what was necessary in order to save others. TO make a long story short, she told me she NOW understands why I wake up screaming in the middle of the night and why I have been so hard on them.

EVERYBODY THINKS they understand human nature. THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.

REMOVE the VERY thin specter of "human society" and see what happens. History is full of that. The only thing that actually separates us from the animal kingdom is a "set of laws" that only work if ALL obey them. IF that doesn't happen, then it becomes survival of the fittest and Darwin will kick in.

So this boy died badly, SO WHAT, and the point is? His victim endured far worse. Remember what the book said, an eye for an eye. We were given both permission and duty to fight evil. Anybody have any questions?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how was it botched? he is dead isn't he? it's real easy, you murder= you die

Goldsfool

May 1, 2014
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in OK for over 30 years and was never called to jury duty. I guess it was because I had a small hangman's noose for a key keeper and it freaked out the defence. Love to twirl it around and listen to the whistle.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not against the death penalty. Since I have not been asked to decide a convicted persons fate, I can not say what I would do. I firmly believe that I could condemn a person to death if it was proven beyond any doubt in my mind that they deserved to die for their deed. Would I be playing 'God'? No, I would only be deciding whether the person lived or died; not his/her final judgment. The final judgment would be God's. Yes, I could kill someone that was doing bodily harm to me or any member of my family. No, it would not weigh heavily on my conscience. Also, would it be better to free someone that had committed an evil act as these men did than to judge that they be put to death? Could you with, a clear conscience, free these men to do these same deeds over and over again? Is it better to lock them away for life? I do not believe it is better to lock them away. There's always the chance that they will be freed by some liberal law later. It has happened so many times in the past. No, just execute them and be done with it. How many lives would have been spared if Kenneth McDuff had been executed the first time he was taken to the electric chair in Texas. He robbed, kidnapped, raped, and murdered a young pregnant woman that worked at a convenience store that I had met while working on the fuel pumps a few days earlier. He is believed to have murdered at least 14 people. Could you have sentenced him to death had you been on the jury? If I remember correctly, he received a stay of execution twice in his earlier trips to the electric chair; and then was released from prison a while later. Why? The state was too short on funds to keep all of the prisoners that they had locked up. He was sent to prison a couple of more times and released. If they had went ahead and executed him, several people wouldn't have been murdered by him. Until we start treating these criminals like the criminals that they are, we can only expect these things to continue. As far as to how to execute 'em? Anyway possible. I can't condone actually torturing them before death; but they don't deserve to die in ways that they are not aware of what's happening, like the injections. Just shoot 'em, hang 'em, etc. and be done with it. Such as this is what's wrong with a lot of our economy. Bullets are cheap. Rope's not too expensive.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing wrong with the Guillotine:laughing7:.As an added touch of horror for the person to be executed you can do as the nazis did when they got into using the device.They laid the person to be executed face up.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll give ya'll some honesty and a confession.

I AM AND ALWAYS WILL BE an animal. Now let me tell you why.

We all have heroes. We strive to be like them, knowing full well and good that most of us will never succeed. Or so we're told.

My daughter's ex boyfriend brought a gun to school here VERY recently, locked, loaded, and ready rock. I have taught my stepchildren well and they have learned well, especially my stepdaughter. She stands 4' 11" tall and weighs about 95 lbs. on a good day. She put here behind on the line for everybody in that classroom when her ex showed her he had that gun. SHE talked him down and got him to take the gun home.

What she told me after we got done talking to the principal made me proud.

She told me in order to save my friends I placed my feet the way you showed me. My body was ready to kill in order to save others. I would have done what was necessary in order to save others. TO make a long story short, she told me she NOW understands why I wake up screaming in the middle of the night and why I have been so hard on them.

EVERYBODY THINKS they understand human nature. THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE.

REMOVE the VERY thin specter of "human society" and see what happens. History is full of that. The only thing that actually separates us from the animal kingdom is a "set of laws" that only work if ALL obey them. IF that doesn't happen, then it becomes survival of the fittest and Darwin will kick in.

So this boy died badly, SO WHAT, and the point is? His victim endured far worse. Remember what the book said, an eye for an eye. We were given both permission and duty to fight evil. Anybody have any questions?

Not one question: I totally agree with the post. And none of us know when that "animal instinct" will be triggered or what will trigger it. Check you PM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread