MICROWAVED NOT****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I got up to heat my coffee in the micro and found it was dead. Hay, I really need that coffee. Well being versed in electronics, I took the big jump. NOTE: Always UNPLUG a microwave BEFORE you remove the case. I got by the security screws and removed the case. Now here's a tip. The thing that usually goes up in a microwave is one of the safety door interlock switches. My Sharps Carousel Micro/ Convection has 3 micro switches. The bottom one checked bad. I got one from my parts box and was drinking hot coffee in less than 30 minutes. I really enjoyed that coffee, I just saved over $100. lol Frank...
7-06  WOODCUTS 015-1.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well I got up to heat my coffee in the micro and found it was dead. Hay, I really need that coffee. Well being versed in electronics, I took the big jump. NOTE: Always UNPLUG a microwave BEFORE you remove the case. I got by the security screws and removed the case. Now here's a tip. The thing that usually goes up in a microwave is one of the safety door interlock switches. My Sharps Carousel Micro/ Convection has 3 micro switches. The bottom one checked bad. I got one from my parts box and was drinking hot coffee in less than 30 minutes. I really enjoyed that coffee, I just saved over $100. lol Frank...
View attachment 989216

Well done Frank! You and I are about the same I think. Self sufficient...

sent from a potato...

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frank!! Judging from the picture of the lady, she could heat up your coffee right quick without the microwave!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Plan B,dump cup of coffee in a small sauce pan.Take microwave outside and shoot it:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi FrankN; I wonder what cavemen ever did without coffee first thing in the morning ?? Do you know how hard it is to deal with a T Rex first thing in the morning ?? :dontknow: Best alarm clock ever created. !! I'll guaranty you'd wake up every time.!! Only problem was they didn't have any snooze buttons. But then again that's one alarm clock you don't want to miss. !!! Homey don't play dat.!! It's all in how you look at things.!! :laughing7: PEACE:RONB :icon_jokercolor:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done Frank! You and I are about the same I think. Self sufficient...

sent from a potato...

Yea... you can include me in that group also. I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. There's times though I get in a little over my head but isn't it a great feeling when you finally figure it out and it works?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you fixed the thing Frankn. Beats recycling. Only problem is, I'm sure you know. coffee suffers from reheating. Once cool the coffee is dead. It's entered a state of decay that can't be reversed. I think I heard reheating coffee is illegal in Washington State. Maybe on of those little one cup coffee makers for your birthday. My kid bought one and it's handy for one cup.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Glad you fixed the thing Frankn. Beats recycling. Only problem is, I'm sure you know. coffee suffers from reheating. Once cool the coffee is dead. It's entered a state of decay that can't be reversed. I think I heard reheating coffee is illegal in Washington State. Maybe on of those little one cup coffee makers for your birthday. My kid bought one and it's handy for one cup.

The big problem is I down app. 8 cups a day. I have a thermal mug coffee maker, so it never gets cold. I am just warming it up. At 8 cups a day, those 1 cup makers cost a lot to operate and create a lot of waste products. I buy French roast beans and grind one pint at a time, so it is fresher than the one cup brews. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
You know, some days the luck runs good, and some days the luck runs bad. It always seems to balance out though.
OK, in reality I have 5 microwaves. I have two motorhomes sitting outside, my Xplorer that I now use, has a convection/microwave, the old Mallard MH has a workable, but non rotating micro, My kitchen has the Sharp conv/micro that I just fixed and a newer Panasonic inverter micro. The board in the Panasonic is cooked so It is going to the recyclers. The fifth is a smaller one that sits in the (attic). I will probably opt for a convection toaster oven to fill the Panasonic's notch in the wall . Anyone have any suggestions about a convection toaster oven? Frank...-
pink flower.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The big problem is I down app. 8 cups a day. I have a thermal mug coffee maker, so it never gets cold. I am just warming it up. At 8 cups a day, those 1 cup makers cost a lot to operate and create a lot of waste products. I buy French roast beans and grind one pint at a time, so it is fresher than the one cup brews. Frank...

I grind my coffee too, make it strong and drink it black - however, only 2 cups a day. Freshly ground coffee blows store bought ground coffee completely away! I will NOT convert back!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< drinks anything that doesn't drink him first

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Here's a good one. I read this ad for a convection oven. It said it cooks 1/3 faster than a microwave.
Here's the kicker. A microwave, on average uses 1000W of power. The convection uses 1500W of power.
In the end, it cookes faster, but uses more power. Frank...- 111-1 profile.jpg

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a good one. I read this ad for a convection oven. It said it cooks 1/3 faster than a microwave.
Here's the kicker. A microwave, on average uses 1000W of power. The convection uses 1500W of power.
In the end, it cookes faster, but uses more power. Frank...- View attachment 998140

It doesn't destroy the value either!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta have my morning coffee! But, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 38 years old. Until I was 38, I drank maybe 2 or 3 cups of coffee per month; sometimes a lot less.
Yes, it's sure handy to have some abilities to do small, or even large repairs around the house and the vehicles. I grew up poor and had no money to hire a mechanic to repair my vehicles (when I had one). Talking about 'jack of all trades and master of none': fits me to a 'T'. I've driven bobtailed trucks, delivering gasoline, diesel, etc. and butane and propane. I've worked in machine shops, poured concrete, operated a radio/tv repair shop (part time), bookkeeping, automobile mechanic, repaired laundry equipment; installed and repaired the gasoline/diesel pumping equipment and readout equipment at the service stations/convenience stores. Even done some building, remodeling, plumbing, and electrical. I even worked as a 'greeter' at a Walmart store for almost 2 years after I officially retired. I used to enjoy most of the things I worked at. Now, I really don't want to do any of it anymore. Of course, I had to replace the water level switch on the washing machine and the flame sensor on the furnace during the last couple of months. There's always something breaking down. lol

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My touchpad on my microwave blanked out a couple of years ago and nothing worked. Took off the face, pulled the ribbons, Cleaned the pins and ribbon ends with alcohol and it runs fine. If in doubt, google it. ( Paying a repairman isn't always the best first option).

A couple of months ago I had to replace the rotator dogs on the washing machine, 5 $, about 20 minutes( because I cleaned the heck out of everythng). Good as new.

Maybe I am just cheap.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My touchpad on my microwave blanked out a couple of years ago and nothing worked. Took off the face, pulled the ribbons, Cleaned the pins and ribbon ends with alcohol and it runs fine. If in doubt, google it. ( Paying a repairman isn't always the best first option).

A couple of months ago I had to replace the rotator dogs on the washing machine, 5 $, about 20 minutes( because I cleaned the heck out of everythng). Good as new.

Maybe I am just cheap.

Dave, not cheap at all. More like smart. I do all my own repairs as well. Right now I am converting my Dodge ram diesel from standard cab to extended cab...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, it looks like we have a lot of handy members on here. My latest project is adding a double drum heater to my electric hot water floor heating system.
I have about 20 down trees in my wooded area. I am going to cut them up and split them for my next winter heating. I figgure about 6 cords should do it easily since I have 4" of fiberglass and 2" of EPS in my walls and 8" of fiberglass in the roof. I am looking for 2 drums with removable ends. I already got the 2 drum kit. The expensive part is the flue pipe, it is priced out of this world. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it looks like we have a lot of handy members on here.

It would probably be real scary what a group of us could come up with or solve. Throw a couple beers in the mix and what a "think tank" we'd have. I'm scary by myself let alone like minded others encouraging it.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It would probably be real scary what a group of us could come up with or solve. Throw a couple beers in the mix and what a "think tank" we'd have. I'm scary by myself let alone like minded others encouraging it.

YEA, just imagine what we could find if a group of us got together and researched a cache. Everyone in the group would work there ass off researching a cache and the member of the groupd near the location of the cache would do the boots on ground and recovery. The cache would quietly be split equally. A kind of a treasure hunting secret society. Hay, sometimes I just come up with this stuff on the spur of the moment. Frank...-
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread