Ever get your car stolen,then get it back?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• K1024_001.JPG
    K1024_001.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 83
  • K1024_002.JPG
    K1024_002.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 75
  • K1024_003.JPG
    K1024_003.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 73
  • K1024_004.JPG
    K1024_004.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 62
  • K1024_005.JPG
    K1024_005.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 68

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm.... known suspects it looks like.

Too personal.

What is the meaning of the last word?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow... That's to bad and I feel for him. I had a 67 Camaro I was restoring in 77'. Just got the body straightened out and it looking good, I was turning it into a street rod. My engine builder said the motor was ready. So trailered the car over for the 327 and power glide to be installed. It was a beautiful dressed out race motor. Went back in a couple days to get it and it was stolen. The whole car/motor and dreams gone. Never saw again.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm.... known suspects it looks like.

Too personal.

What is the meaning of the last word?

He goes to them street races,someone must have followed him home,came back early morning for it,sure didn't take them long to do it!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
He must have lost a race or ?- this was payment or payback for something.

The police should be able to lift off kinds of prints off of the hood and fenders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
He must have lost a race or ?- this was payment or payback for something.

The police should be able to life off kinds of prints off of the hood and fenders.

Seedy characters across the bridge,good place to stay away from.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The police should be able to life off kinds of prints off of the hood and fenders.

There prints everywhere,cops won't do anything!!!!!!!!!!

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There prints everywhere,cops won't do anything!!!!!!!!!!

Prints cost a lot and it doesn't matter to them. They generally only do it for homicides robbery an such.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prints cost a lot and it doesn't matter to them. They generally only do it for homicides robbery an such.

"They generally only do it for homicides robbery an such." Isn't this a "robbery"... auto thief or auto robbery?

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Robbery generally involves a theft from a person, in person, like purse snatching or being held at gun point and being forced to give up your belongings. If the car was in a garage it could also be burglary.

This is theft, and in most if not all states a felony.

When this type of incident occurs in my area, if the vehicle is found locally, it is impounded and the processed. Our CSI guys love theses kind of cases and would be all over that car.

Not sure what the circumstances are but if the car was not towed to a secure facility for processing, you son ( or you if he is under 18 ) should be asking why!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you called the police and they said they won't do anything?

They refused to investigate and refused to look for evidence?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you called the police and they said they won't do anything?

They refused to investigate and refused to look for evidence?

I have to talk to my Son about it,now I'm not really sure,He said the cop laughed.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya.GRAND THEFT!

I mean something other then a 20 somewhere around there civic. I mean I feel bad but in the end of it. The cops look at it as just a civic. They have something more to worry about then a engine that most likely has been striped of its vin so in the end its pointless. Prints cost to much I bet if you paid to have them run prints they would. Sorry for you're sons loss. I think he may have had a debt since he goes to street races.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robbery generally involves a theft from a person, in person, like purse snatching or being held at gun point and being forced to give up your belongings. If the car was in a garage it could also be burglary.

This is theft, and in most if not all states a felony.

When this type of incident occurs in my area, if the vehicle is found locally, it is impounded and the processed. Our CSI guys love theses kind of cases and would be all over that car.

Not sure what the circumstances are but if the car was not towed to a secure facility for processing, you son ( or you if he is under 18 ) should be asking why!

Ohh I did say robbery. Damn I thought I said theft lol. Robbery and theft are two very different things.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys do bring up a good point. I don't know the laws there. My fiance was in a wreck with my car. it was totaled, I knew that on site from working in various shops. I tried like crazy to have it towed to our house because of what we had in the car. stereo, parts etc... And I knew we just had liability, so why not just cut the tow, and storage out at the start? The crash site was two miles away from where we lived. They would not allow it. I begged them and it was still towed to a storage lot. In the end they kept it, because I wasn't going to pay tow and storage fees on principle .(I'm hard headed when things like this go on)Even though she wasn't found at fault. Different areas must do it different. or maybe a crash is different. Either way hope the person is found and the "correct" thing is done!

"correct" is left up to interpretation! lol

Well if that was me my stereo subs and everything else would be along side the road.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for the message "this is for my bi***" well it can mean a lot of things. First maybe he will buy something nice for his Lady. Or they are using bi*** as a term for money money is referred to that. The real question is why are you OK with you're son going to illegal street races? You know in some cities of you're car gets caught street racing it get crushed. Not flaming just saying. Any speed above 60 on a city road is really risky. As for the highway I don't care how fast you go. I usually go 10 over once was going 100 in a jeep lol quite scary.

Just saying this I love tuners I dream of a 98 supra. Or a civic with 30k spending on aftermarket parts or a eclipse.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In defense, My dad tried to stop me many times, It didn't work. We would push cars and motorcycles out of the driveway and start them up a mile away. The supra is king. But the 92 awd talon with mods will do the trick too.

I like the wide and low stance of a supra. Plus its fast as hell just stock. With 20k you can make it really really fast. I'm on a different project I sometime in my life will own a 98 jeep grand Cherokee with the 5.9. I'll stroke it it'll be 6.7l. Super or turbo unno yet. Performance computer. I might eliminate 4wd it would weigh less and would have less drag. Dunno how the Dana 45 will hold up. Also true duals non of that fake ****. Ohh I sort of thread jacked started talking about fast cars and I got carried away. Think about it though I mean yea I could just buy a 2013 jeep SRT but the 98 looks so much nicer. Also the shock on peoples faces when you whoop them at a red light in a moving brick lol

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the wife and I first got tighter we had a 88 Thunderbird. Well we couldny get the key out since the button you pushed was broke. I always parked it on the road and one morning on Saturday to go somewhere and noticed the car was moved. Well didn't think much got in looked at the gas gauge since night before I was empty and it was over 3/4 tank full. Lol come to find out the local kids was taking it for joy rides every Friday night after I got home from work. Hey they always filled it up or close and it never smelt like beer or weed so whatever. Wish kids now were like that. Sad its only 8 ysrs later. Now it would look like the first post car.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread