Pet Cat Saves Boy From Dog

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a good video on the site, and that dog did some damage to the child. That was one Rambo cat!

AMAZING VIDEO: Cat saves boy from dog attack in Southwest Bakersfield - 23ABC News

AMAZING VIDEO: Cat saves boy from dog attack in Southwest Bakersfield

Dog will be euthanized, police said

Lesley Marin, Derek VandeWeg, Anne Stegen
6:17 AM, May 14, 2014

BAKERSFIELD - A cat came to her best friend's rescue Tuesday when a young boy was attacked by a dog in his driveway in Southwest Bakersfield and it was all caught on video.

The surveillance video shows the boy, 4-year-old Jeremy, playing on his bicycle. He was coming home from school when he wanted to fly a kite. Jeremy has mild autism.

The neighbor's dog, an 8-month-old labrado/chow mix, sneaks up behind him and bites his leg.

The family's cat, named Tara, rushes the attacking dog and chased it away.

"Tara is my hero," Jeremy said.

Erika Triantafilo, Jeremy's mother, was nearby watering a tree when she heard his screams.

"I didn't really even realize what had happened until after when my husband showed me the surveillance video," Erika said.

Erika told 23ABC the boy needed a few stitches, but he is doing fine. Erika said it could have been much worse.

"I've never seen a cat do that," said Roger Triantatilo, Jeremy's father said. "Especially ours. It just shows how much she really has a family-oriented mind set."

Tara became a part of the Triantafilo family in 2008. She loves to be pet and comes when called.

She also said the dog belonged to a neighbor and is now under voluntary observation at Bakersfield Animal Care Center.

Sgt. Joe Grubbs, Bakersfield Police spokesman, said the dog will be quarantined for 10 days then euthanized.

The neighbor was pulling their vehicle out of their gated driveway when the dog escaped.

The neighbor called 911 on behalf of the boy and his mother.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ADS!! Now That is one BAD A$$ CAT!! Move over Rover, Super Kitty is on the way!! Thanks for sharing!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is terrible, a dog like that needs to be euthanized. It is a very good thing that the cat entered the equation otherwise it appears the dog would have done more harm. Give that cat some chicken livers! :headbang:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very lucky boy and a great cat... For whatever reason I'm glad the cat intervened.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go attack cat! mean dog, that cat probably been just waiting to take that dog to school!

I had a cat that was fearless also. We went after a big strange German Shepherd, thought he was gonna come in our yard! She used to jump on the neighbors back and then run away, when he would be crouched in his garden. LOL!

toughkitty.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Years ago I watched something that makes me laugh every time my mind replays it. My parents had a cat who lived on their large enclosed deck here in the woods. One day I'm out in the woodshop and I hear 3 of my dogs barking and yelling. Well they caught "Boots" (the cat) in the driveway culvert coming back from the woods. Now the culvert was too small for the large 3 dogs to go into. So the cat just stayed inside the culvert with dogs at each end howling. Well shortly here comes Dumplin' a smaller dog. You could just "see" the dogs setting up the plan. Dumplin' was just small enough to enter the 20' culvert. He was to go in one end and run the cat out the other. So 3 dogs lined up at one end and Dump went in the other. I couldn't see what happened but it wasn't good for Dump. All I heard was him screaming and yelling and howling inside the pipe. The cat took a stand inside the pipe and whooped the dog good. Dump couldn't turn around in the pipe and run either. Soon the cat came flying out the end that Dump had entered and ran onto the deck. When Dump came out the other end he was bleeding all over his head with the other dogs checking him out wondering what happened. They never saw the cat leave and he NEVER chased the cat again... just ignored it forever.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was just wondering. Who took the video? Is it possible that the dog lived fenced in next store and the cat just didn't like him? The one taking the video wasn't concerned about helping the kid. Just some observations. Perhaps a foundation for a law suit? Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, what I understood, the cameras were fixed(mounted) and recording.
And, yeah, that cat looked like she had a definite distaste for that dog. :laughing7:

Last yr in Western Sydney, a few houses down, me and a friend watched a small band(flock) of birds gang up against a cat! LOL!
Poor cat never saw it coming.
On one side of the house, the birds swooped in, pecked attacked this cat, so he goes ripping around the front being chased, to the other side of the house. LOL! WELL,
there was another 4 or 5 birds waiting for him, and just as cat rounded the corner, they dive bombed him!
Cat had to rip back into the front, scale a 10ft full metal fence, and he was gone!
The way it all came down, it looked maliciously planned, on the birds part! :laughing7:

We just stood there and laughed and laughed....... never woulda believed it, had we not seen it with our own eyes! LOL!
We still laugh about it. LOL!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn, what I understood, the cameras were fixed(mounted) and recording.
And, yeah, that cat looked like she had a definite distaste for that dog. :laughing7:

Last yr in Western Sydney, a few houses down, me and a friend watched a small band(flock) of birds gang up against a cat! LOL!
Poor cat never saw it coming.
On one side of the house, the birds swooped in, pecked attacked this cat, so he goes ripping around the front being chased, to the other side of the house. LOL! WELL,
there was another 4 or 5 birds waiting for him, and just as cat rounded the corner, they dive bombed him!
Cat had to rip back into the front, scale a 10ft full metal fence, and he was gone!
The way it all came down, it looked maliciously planned, on the birds part! :laughing7:

We just stood there and laughed and laughed....... never woulda believed it, had we not seen it with our own eyes! LOL!
We still laugh about it. LOL!

I believe animals and some people Plan reactions to a situation ahead of time. The action then becomes a reflex reaction triggered by the situation. Hay I am one that does this and it saved my ass when my breaks went out at 50MPH down hill with traffic stopped ahead. Came out of it without a scratch on me or the pickup.
I'm big on situation reaction planning.
111-2 de Vinci.jpg Frank...-

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe animals and some people Plan reactions to a situation ahead of time. The action then becomes a reflex reaction triggered by the situation. Hay I am one that does this and it saved my ass when my breaks went out at 50MPH down hill with traffic stopped ahead. Came out of it without a scratch on me or the pickup.
I'm big on situation reaction planning.
View attachment 998879 Frank...-

Me too Frank... I think of the damnest things and what I'd do. I too did the brake thing once and without a scratch. Motor screaming for mercy and emergency brakes coming alive for first time along with some good driving included. Glad someone else does some "situation reaction planning" also... thought something was wrong with me (alright maybe a little).

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I call it planning for the what ifs guys.Pick a scenario in your mind and plan out the events and your actions to those events in your mind.It will make your reaction time much quicker and the instinct for panic will be lessened.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I am really beginning to wonder about the capability of the brain. Over 30 years ago before my wife passed, I use to get urges to stop and pick uf thing at the food store on my way home from work. It wasn't because I knew we needed it but because my wife knew and somehow the message got to me in a mental way. I was thinking about this yesterday. I took what I thought were 2 socks from the bureau to put on. I biscovered that I had picked up 3 socks, so I put one back . about an hour later, i was walking the dog and we crosses a stream. My left foot slipped on a rock and that one foot got soaked. Now I am wondering! did my mind forsee the event? Hay this is not a one shot occurrence. I woke up a while back and looked at the clock. It indicated 7:77. The winning pick three that day was 777. I am going to have to be more perceptive on my observations. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I woke up a while back and looked at the clock. It indicated 7:77. The winning pick three that day was 777. I am going to have to be more perceptive on my observations. Frank...

Ok Frankn I'll bite.... How does a clock show 7:77 in time or the date?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Ok Frankn I'll bite.... How does a clock show 7:77 in time or the date?

I got to hand it to you Limitool. I was curious as to how closely my posts were read so I snuck that one in to check. You win the picture of the silver bars. lol Frank...-
y silver bars.jpg
Actually I think it was 5:55. That while back was years ago!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got to hand it to you Limitool. I was curious as to how closely my posts were read so I snuck that one in to check. You win the picture of the silver bars. lol Frank...-
View attachment 999842
Actually I think it was 5:55. That while back was years ago!

Well thanks Frankn... I'm printing off pic now to cash in. I'm going for the GOLD BARS next!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread