To much!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I just can't take this friggin anxiety I have any longer! There must be someway to control it or make it stop...I just ran screaming like a little girl out of the dentists office, which would have been the first dentist I've seen in more than 20 years.
How is it that some imbalance of something in my mind, make a man of my size and stature run screaming/crying out of a room ? I'm really tired of the embarisment that this causes me!
Now my wife is pissed at me, saying man up! Well damnit I wish it were that easy, I really hate myself right now, making me doubt my faith, how can something perfect, create something as messed up as me.

Me

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two words for the dentists dilemma: Nitrous Oxide
(That's the only way I can sit in that chair!)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time to seek out some professional help. Don't put it off any longer. Good luck.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pobodys nerfect Mike. All our lives we work on coping with one thing or another. Having what you call embarrassment is awareness and that,s beyond some folks reach.
You,ll figure something out but consider trying again to get your teeth squared up or they can poison you before having to pull them. Either way there is a challenge. Maybe see what the dentist and doctor suggests? Pats idea might work the best but look into it. I can tolerate a spider at a distance but you want to see anxious let a big one near me! Not naming no one but a gal I knew was from else where and kind of took care of her brother in a new land. She left him in the dentist chair and when the dentist came in the guy was in his skivvies thinking it was the doctors office not having been in a dental office it seems. Just got to work it out and get familiar.Few people are truly comfortable at the dentist and its a situation that,s not always as easy as just go to your happy place.:laughing7: Like the gingerbreadman.

Last edited:

FloridaMike

Apr 8, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster 6000/D, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
See a Hypnotherapist.
My wife is a Dental Hygienist and Clinical Hypnotherapist.
A good Hypnotherapist can help you learn how to put your mind into a place of comfort in a stressful situation.

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate the replies.
Terry, I have been seeing pdocs and tdocs all my life, since age of about 6 till now at age 45, have around 3 years of my life gone to involuntary commitment, been diagnosed with so many different illnesses that I can't count them on 2 hands.
Years ago I had what I call a honest therapist, he told me there is no fixing somebody like me, different meds for different conditions, only problem is X med may cancel the effect of another med..so I deal with it, talked to some of the docs that hang out here on tnet, one of which gave advice that actually helped me out, considering he did that without physically talking to me...mucho respect for his brilliance, wish I could afford him!
Anyway the reason for this post was for release, talking to others truly helps me cope, though I don't have anybody to talk to IRL, mostly because I eventually freak people out and they cease contact :(

So from time to time when things happen like today, I post about it, I never expect replies, those are a bonus so to speak.

I have to say out of all the different places I've talked about these issues online, nowhere have I found more compassionate people than here on Tnet, maybe its our shared bond for adventure and finding treasures, but y'all are just great folks, wish I knew a lot of y'all in person.

I actually feel calmer now, was by far one of the worst if not the worst panic attack I've ever had, heart rate got to at least 220bpm, I often worry it will trigger a real heart attack.

Thanks again for the replies.

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mike... if you let the dentist know you hyper or have anxiety about being there I'm sure they'll do something more for you Mike. I've never had this problem at a dentist or any doctor (yet). But I will tell what did set me on the edge of my seat one night. My son 2 years ago came over to watch a football game with me. He said he's had a bad toothache for 3 days. Doesn't have insurance or a great job. Just before half-time he said where's the regular pliers and the needle nose ones? He said I'm pulling this back molar tooth out NOW. He went into the bathroom and in about 15 minutes he came out just happy as hell. I said are you kidding me... you pulled that tooth OUT! Yep... it came out in two pieces and he was a happy camper with NO MORE PAIN... He was a new man. But he set my hair on end.

Well I hope your ok now Mike.... calm down.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crikey Limitool! That boy is something else. I'm a big wuss, I'd be scared as I pulled, I probably knock out a few on the opposite side! LOL! I hate dental work and just thinking of it gives me the heeby jeebies too!

Mike, I'm glad you're feeling better. As we've talked in the past and the way I have seen your struggles, I have said and will always say, I know that you are a very intelligent man. None of us get outta life unaffected in some way or another. We're just creatures.

For what it's worth, I too have sought proffesionals for getting past "life issues", as they have arisen. I find no shame in seeking out someone who is trained in the functions of the mind and getting some insight as to what may be going on, that I am not seeing. Like the saying, you can't see the forest for the trees, sometimes. Help, good proper help, is always appreciated.
I will venture to say also, I don't think ANYONE knows you better than you. You are smart and I believe you understand cause and effect, and stuffs, and all.......

It seems "fear" to be the root of what causes anxiety. I would also believe that mental anxiety can/does cause physical effects in the body. I have long studied what Jiddu Krishnamurti has to say about "fear", in chapter 5, in his book Freedom From the Known.
I find, he does not "teach" you anything, but rather asks questions in a certain way, that leads you to discover, from within, what is true for you and what is not. For me, it is a deep subject, as it requires one to go within instead of blindly accepting that which is thrown at you, from without. I can only hope if you decide to tumble his words for yourself, that you can find answers to long asked questions within yourself. It does require a strong mind, the kind that I know you have.
Good luck my friend and please feel free to run anything I posts to you(public or private) past any doctor. I have no agenda, other than you being happy and whole. Guess it goes without saying, discussion and sharing is what we're all about, huh. Blessings.

Freedom From the Known - Jiddu Krishnamurti

A couple of paragraphs down, is where he speaks of fear.
I never yet been able to do that hypno therapy stuff. My mind won't let go enough, for just anyone.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I almost forgot the pic that goes with all the above. :laughing7:

"NOW GO AWAY! I AM BUSY BEING BREAD!" :laughing7:

Iambread.gif