WHAT TYPE OF POSTER ARE YOU?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, there are all types on here. I deal in reality and that is how I post. Sure I make mistakes and I own up to them. Some times my comments are sharp, but I try to temper them.
What gets me are the number of posters that are 'followers'. That is they have no opinion of there own so they just 'attach' themselves to the prior post. The worst are the several word agreements.
Then there are the objectors. They state there objection and then ramble on.

I like the kind that are logical and actually give reasons for there opinions.

Then there are the comic short replies. Hay these are good for a laugh and break up the stale air that sometimes accumulates. Got that Jeff?

Then there are the wordy posts, sorry about that. Frank...-

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 035-1.jpg

As you can guess, I like the image posts.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I'm not one of the followers... that's for sure unless I totally agree where we're headed. And I too can be very sharp at times but it depends on the subject (probably need to temper some). But I do really enjoy the comic relief at times and like to install humor. And if I object I'll state why... (hope I don't ramble). If I do it's probably just therapy for me. But when I'm serious I'll get straight to the point. Most of my threads were just looking and hoping for advise outside of my own thoughts.

Still I'd like to know what the etched mud mound symbols mean in this cave of mine. I guess I'm a seeker poster.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a truth poster. EVERYTHING I say is the truth and I'm always right so, if you want to be on the side of facts, follow me! :) It's Memorial Day, are your flags out?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes flag is out. In honor today of those who gave their lives for the freedom I savor in this greatest country.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i forgot wat i wuz goin to post :dontknow:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting question.... I pretty much let others decide in their own minds what kind of poster I am. What I think of myself? Hrm. I'd like to consider myself a helpful poster who tries to engage thoughtful debate. I prefer honesty and like to interject some of my own odd humor into lengthy posts. I don't enjoy long posts however I am driven to be as clear as possible about what I do speak on. Short replies and responses are generally to incomplete for my need for clarity.
I guess I could be considered a post follower as I generally do not start topics. I don't start topics because I generally find the answers to my questions so why ask. If someone has a new thought well I'll look at it. Maybe tear it apart or help it along but overall I like to think I'm being helpful to someone.

Guess I'm kinda a troll :) only I don't take little kids for tribute as I listen to people passing over my bridge.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I fly the flag also, but not just when it's the 'right thing to do'. I'm a patriot and the flag flies daily at my home.
This will give you a sense of where I'm coming from; especially today:

On TN, I consider myself a researcher and enjoy the challenge provided by OPs who seek to ID their finds.
Don....

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no way of generalizing myself, I dunno, it all depends on my mood I guess, which can be a very broad spectrum.
I like to help when I can, I like engaging in civilized arguments, I post humor/funny pics...heck I really don't know, I know that I'm NOT an angry poster, unless pushed to the breaking point from directed insults.
I'm extremely patient as well since I moderate on a huge gaming forum, and deal with bullies non-stop.
I guess overall I'm a lonely/happy poster.

Off topic...Wanna see the worst bullies ever ? Heck the trolls are so angry, they tell people to kill their selves.
And its mostly kids, spend a half hour reading there, then realize those kids are our future.
General Discussion - Forums - Diablo III

Mike

PS, humor attempt, from the other nights meteor shower!
View attachment 1000846

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so techno advanced (two fingers here)....I thought a "poster" is what we hang on a wall :dontknow: :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn gets me. I'm here for comic relief.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My camera took a dump, so I cant post pics of recent finds,... found out no one cares about coins and cool stuff w/out pics, so I lately have been adding a little comic relief to different posts. Also try to be gracious and happy to see other cool finds w/ respect to MD'ing.

HH

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I could fit into most of the categories mentioned. Though I don't try to 'rub anybody the wrong way', I'm sure it happens at times. I am guilty of getting very lengthy with a lot of my posts. I get into something and just feel I should mention this and then another thing, so the post will be easier to follow and understand. I try to see everybody's views though I don't agree with a lot of them. They're entitled to their opinion just like I'm entitled to mine. I have even read some posts that have caused me to change my mind on some subjects. But, when all's said and done, if my post is too long, you don't agree with it, it sounds ridiculous, etc.; just don't read it. lol

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'm so techno advanced (two fingers here)....I thought a "poster" is what we hang on a wall :dontknow: :laughing7:

Could be! Frank...-
001_edited-1 JOB.jpg bike race.jpg an artist's model.jpg Eagle 1   700.jpg
Take your choice!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello ,i like to post a little just too give my point of view on things,sometimes i just like to throw some thoughts together just too check myself.i really do not hate anything, i think we all need to look at the positive things around us and stick to them and let negitive things just roll off are backs,because we could just drown in them.i learn alot from others too,and i like too engage them some,so im not looking for anything in turn,as i really do not care what you may think of me, but i do not like to hear ones talk bad about others who really do not deserve it,and may jump in and say something or just read and see who really is a fool.i think moms and dads need to spend more time with there kids these days because i think the way americans used too be is almost gone,respect,compassion,dignity are words are kids will not know soon,see this is the kind of poster i am i just jump in there and let er rip most of the time,im one of those compulesive posters i guess

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
i think we all need to look at the positive things around us and stick to them and let negitive things just roll off are backs,because we could just drown in them.

The only problem buddy is now a days some of the negative things can kill you if you tend to try to ignore them.Some things arent just going to go away,wishful thinking anyway.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like telling my stories. I have a lot to tell about detecting. I started around 76' and quit around 96' Now I'm back. I have baseball bat and knive stories to tell. Ive had cops tell me..I don't know who you is , or what you is , but one look at you and I know you're TROUBLE ! ((grin))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread