LOSS OF PRIVACY****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
well just let me say, I saw it coming. It was the power of the computer that was the perfect tool to use to record every private detail of our lives. Many years ago, the company I worked for had a simple system that worked. The technicians were assigned calls, they completed the calls and called for another call. They all knew that the company expected 2.5 calls per day to be completed and they delivered. It was a fair expentation and the company made money. ENTER THE COMPUTER! Someone up the management line said he wanted more details on "how the machines were running". So a report system was started. It tracked how long the machines lasted between calls, how long it took to repair them and how much it cost to repair them. Once the computer was fulled with this information the real reason for the info was revealed. The technicians were rated on these factors. It was a catch 22 situation. If you repaired worn parts that might fail, your cost per call went up. If you streatched out the life of a part, the time between calls went down. If you spent to much time checking parts, your time for call went up. As a result the the machines performance suffered as you chased numbers. Now I imagine all this computer tracking, storage, and service of computers greatly raised the cost of the company, but the managers were happy with all there tab runs to enjoy and use to beat down pay raises. Just let me say, "I enjoyed my privacy and still live in the shadows as much as possible." Sad to say, the younger generation will never see privacy. Just a thought, Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Privacy is a made up word, gimme a hour and odds are I can tell you your life story, its the little things we share that are the most identifiable like sayings, or screen names combined with sayings, what's scary about it is, if Lil old me can do that just using search engines imagine what people that have the ability and the toys to monitor or outright jack your communications..like the people snowden used to work for.

Mike

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Privacy is a made up word, gimme a hour and odds are I can tell you your life story, its the little things we share that are the most identifiable like sayings, or screen names combined with sayings, what's scary about it is, if Lil old me can do that just using search engines imagine what people that have the ability and the toys to monitor or outright jack your communications..like the people snowden used to work for.

Mike

I do skiptracing. My best friend is facebook. People in general are, well, less than smart and tell you everything.

And, if it ain't on facebook, I can pull a list of every place you have or had credit. Get lights turned on? You tell me where you are. Get water turned on? Gotcha again.

... not only that, but if you rent to stay under the radar ... nope, they report your credit now as well.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
A few years ago my Mother in Law and her husband disappeared...My wife was very upset and started looking for them..Two years later a friend of mine told me of this detective he knew...We called him and the next day we knew everything we needed and more...You can not hide anything ...Art

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Not sure if I should admit this on a forum..lol....A while back I was playing around with a few programs. You would be amazed at how there is really no privacy. I'm not a computer wizard either, I hardly knew what I was doing! If I could figure some things out, someone that really knows could really find and control things.I won't mess with it because I don't know the laws and don't want to cross them. It is scary though! Oh.. I also paid nothing for the programs at the time they are given away free. Just a thought!

Chadeaux That would be a fun job!!

I have used those programs to check out people in cache stories. I can tell there date of birth/death, if they are married, if they have a car, and if they are still alive,(sometimes) where they live. It's all out there if you know how to find it. Frank...-

111-1 profile.jpg 111-1 profile.jpg

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
metaEureka metasearch

Also do a search on the "invisible web" ... neat place for information.

I used to love incywincy, but it is no more.

might enjoy this read and the links at the bottom of the page.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just for fun and giggles, try this site:

http://www.veromi.net -- and research yourself. Scary?

Well, this is less than 1% of what I can pull in a single trace detail report. I'll usually get about 3-5 pages on anyone I run. The trace detail will tell me every place you've lived, who you lived there with, your neighbors, your friends and associates as well as your relatives ... along with all of their Social Security Numbers, telephone numbers, addresses. It will tell me who is alive and who is deceased and when. The report can cover time periods as far back as 1991.

Bank and debtor report? Anyone you have applied for credit with in the last 3 years, anyone who checked your credit (for any reason), where you bank and lots more.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My name never showed up on these searches until the last few years! My family is kind of weird about privacy so no one volunteers info. I'm the only one throwing personal stories and info on the net. Anyhow, My Dad and step Mom like history and own a historical home. When the registered it as a historical site they gave a family tree type thing. With that I finally showed up on the web and from there it attached all info with it. It starts building one piece at a time!

Unless you go completely off the grid, you will now show up on the credit bureau. Do you have electricity? You're on there. Do you have city / county water and / or sewerage? You're on there. Fot a landline or mobile phone in your name? You're in there.

and here is the kicker ...

If anyone has ever looked for you via one of these services, you're in there with every bit of personal information they provided to perform the search.

Fact of the matter is, 3 pieces of info and anyone can become you in the world of finance. 1. your name. 2. your date of birth. 3. your social security number.

An experienced criminal can take those three items and open credit ... even if only with a mom and pop store ... and you end up being responsible for it until you can prove it isn't you.

And if anyone believes that has been fixed or can be fixed by something like lifelock, they could be in for a big surprise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread