Questions to the mods.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You knew your post would be deleted, you said so yourself.

Your post violated the rules, it had racist overtones and was political... You can express your political views on our political forum under CM not in other forums...

If political post directly relates to treasure hunting it is allowed.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a bit, but I dug up a list of what is considered political from a previous thread on this discussion. To be honest, I'm pretty proud of how things have worked out lately. It's nice having somewhere to relocate threads to that qualify, rather than delete them, and everyone seems to be following the few rules that there are, for the most part. The moderators have been very good about working with everyone to allow them to understand the guidelines, rather than butting heads, and I think that's great. Any inconstancies you notice in some threads being shut down and others continuing is a result of the fact that we don't WANT to moderate anything. We just want things to work and peace to prevail without our involvement, so we're hesitant to get involved until it becomes necessary.

Here's the list: Anything to do with politics or religion, as either is defined by Webster's dictionary. This includes anything to do with our government or that of any other country or state in the world, any discussion of any agency of the government that doesn't specifically deal with treasure hunting, War, the NSA, the 2nd amendment, anything found on Fox news or CNN that doesn't have to do with treasure, anything to do with any political figure that does not own a metal detector, the separation of church and state, conspiracy theories, terrorism, Religious freedoms, etc. As the dictionary defines it, "Of or pertaining to a state, it's government, or any of it's agencies".

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the list, I looked for it but gave up finding it ..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a while, but I remembered the part about political figures that don't own metal detectors, which narrowed my search considerably. ;)

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
So in other words to have an opinion about what is going on in our country you need to be a charter member?

No, in other words, you just have to pay $20 to do so.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Like almost everything else in the world, there a places that are appropriate for that opinion to be voiced, and places that aren't. The "We're being oppressed" conversation has run its course in other threads, and I think ended up in most folks realizing that the owners of this forum are free to dictate the conversation here, the same as you are in your privately owned home.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You knew your post would be deleted, you said so yourself.

Your post violated the rules, it had racist overtones and was political... You can express your political views on our political forum under CM not in other forums...

If political post directly relates to treasure hunting it is allowed.

I don't know what I wrote that would have been considered a racist remark. I know some people can twist words around to MAKE it seem like it could be racist. Kind of like the song Stairway to Heaven or other songs? People percieve what they think is the definition or what it means. Also basically any mention of someone other than their REAL name, or even calling Archies, and whatever other names by other people, pretty much means they are in violation as well, but their posts remain whats up with that?

People can find little simple words as a little offensive to them, but do they make a big deal out of it? No, they just read on to the next post or voice their opinion. Few people may take it further just to rile someone. It is peoples nature, but nobody gets proken bones or bruised up or even has their life lost over it.

I am not trying to argue or pick a fight, I just don't see what racist remark I put in my posting, unless it had to do with me finding better use for my money than being a CH? Which then I could see the owner finding offense to that being they won't be getting money from me and my posting being considered in violation of terms.

BTW, When you gonna send me my $500? :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

You know I am just joking with you!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me a bit, but I dug up a list of what is considered political from a previous thread on this discussion. To be honest, I'm pretty proud of how things have worked out lately. It's nice having somewhere to relocate threads to that qualify, rather than delete them, and everyone seems to be following the few rules that there are, for the most part. The moderators have been very good about working with everyone to allow them to understand the guidelines, rather than butting heads, and I think that's great. Any inconstancies you notice in some threads being shut down and others continuing is a result of the fact that we don't WANT to moderate anything. We just want things to work and peace to prevail without our involvement, so we're hesitant to get involved until it becomes necessary.

Here's the list: Anything to do with politics or religion, as either is defined by Webster's dictionary. This includes anything to do with our government or that of any other country or state in the world, any discussion of any agency of the government that doesn't specifically deal with treasure hunting, War, the NSA, the 2nd amendment, anything found on Fox news or CNN that doesn't have to do with treasure, anything to do with any political figure that does not own a metal detector, the separation of church and state, conspiracy theories, terrorism, Religious freedoms, etc. As the dictionary defines it, "Of or pertaining to a state, it's government, or any of it's agencies".

OH OK! NOW I SEE how my post got deleted. It was the comment I made about using the word highlighted in RED ending with a T, but I used ******* leaders in place of the actual word that got exchanged for a soldier going AWOL that people died searching for him and we can't get a Marine out of a Mexican jail comment.

Now I see how my post got deleted. No worries, I am ALL GOOD!

Thanks for posting the rules!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent you pm explaining...

;)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Let's be realistic. It's controversy that is censored. Politics and religion being subjects of strong opinions draw controversy. If they don't draw controversy they might 'slide by'. Hay you have to come up with a good reason for $20. LOL Frank...-
111-2 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread