Lost Treasure Tales?......Poll

Percentage you think might be real/exist?

• 50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40%

• 30%

• 20%

• 10%

• 5%

• less then 5%

• more like 1%

• 75% or more

• Total voters
OP
OP
T

treasurejack

Attachments

• scan0002a.jpg
    scan0002a.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,107
T

TreasureTales

TJ, that's weird looking, even for a petroglyph! It may contain some of their gods, or some of their ancestors, or who-knows-what. I've got a few petroglyph books lying around, I'll see if any of them have this particular series of glyphs inside. If I help you decipher the story, I get half the cache, right? Yeah, that's what I thought. :(

OK, here's what I've got so far, from the book The Rocks Begin to Speak by LaVan Martineau.

#1 represents a dead person. #2 represents going under or dying. So maybe 5 adults went under and 5 children also died at the site represented by this panel. There are many symbols combined together which would mean much activity and many emotionals or abstract feelings took place. According to the book, petroglyphs and pictographs may have been the written version of sign language.

Attachments

• petroglyphs.jpg
    petroglyphs.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,049

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that all those old tales and stories were fact based at one time or another, over time though, they became over-exaggerated and blew out of proportion.

Nice Poll BTW....Night Stalker

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

TreasureTales said:
TJ, that's weird looking, even for a petroglyph! It may contain some of their gods, or some of their ancestors, or who-knows-what. I've got a few petroglyph books lying around, I'll see if any of them have this particular series of glyphs inside. If I help you decipher the story, I get half the cache, right? Yeah, that's what I thought. :(

OK, here's what I've got so far, from the book The Rocks Begin to Speak by LaVan Martineau.

#1 represents a dead person. #2 represents going under or dying. So maybe 5 adults went under and 5 children also died at the site represented by this panel. There are many symbols combined together which would mean much activity and many emotionals or abstract feelings took place. According to the book, petroglyphs and pictographs may have been the written version of sign language.

#1 & #2........lost me already? Which symbols are you talking about? lol

T

TreasureTales

treasurejack said:
TreasureTales said:

#1 & #2........lost me already? Which symbols are you talking about? lol

Oops, sorry, LOL forgot to load your picture with my notes on it. I'll go back to that post and modify it again - this time with the pic and my notes.

T

TreasureTales

Pond with a stream coming out of it? Or a dry lake?

Attachments

• petroglyphs.jpg
    petroglyphs.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,036
T

TreasureTales

These two figures (circled in lavendar) seem to be very similar, except one is emphasized and one is faint. One is major and one is minor? Or one represents something recent and the other one represents something historic?

Attachments

• petroglyphs.jpg
    petroglyphs.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,006

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
If the story is true, it MAY be gone already. One hangout for teenagers down there is a short walk up a dry wash, the trail is clear nowadays, but it'd be a bear in earlier days. There is a mine shaft in there that is completely obscured from every viewpoint, except when you're right on top of it. Big boulder blocks the entrance. There are no tailings evident and the shaft is empty.

Someone went through a lot of trouble to hide this thing, and there are no visible veins.

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

Jeffro said:
If the story is true, it MAY be gone already. One hangout for teenagers down there is a short walk up a dry wash, the trail is clear nowadays, but it'd be a bear in earlier days. There is a mine shaft in there that is completely obscured from every viewpoint, except when you're right on top of it. Big boulder blocks the entrance. There are no tailings evident and the shaft is empty.

Someone went through a lot of trouble to hide this thing, and there are no visible veins.

Is it possible to get around the boulder somehow? If you can, it might be worth a quick check with a modern MDing machine? Perhaps the immediate area surrounding the shaft as well?

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
You can go inside through a small opening at the base of the boulder, the kids hang out there and drink beer from time to time. I wasn't into detecting at the time, but now that I look back, it is an odd place that doesn't make sense.

If it was a pocket, why hide it when its worked out?

If it was a mine, they went through a lot of trouble disposing of tailings, and there is no vein that I could see.

Only thing I can think of, it was a hidey hole, and its empty. If you're in that neck of the woods, I may be able to locate it on google earth.

----- I just went and tried google, man that place sure changed.... when I left, Rainbow was the edge of town. We use to ride quads where the Redrock country club is now. Also found an old car buried out there, riddled with bulletholes.

Anyways, I couldn't locate the spot precisely, but its up one of those washes near the water collection place they built. There's only three, and its a short ways in. Look on the EAST hillside when hiking in if you go.

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

Jeffro said:
You can go inside through a small opening at the base of the boulder, the kids hang out there and drink beer from time to time. I wasn't into detecting at the time, but now that I look back, it is an odd place that doesn't make sense.

If it was a pocket, why hide it when its worked out?

If it was a mine, they went through a lot of trouble disposing of tailings, and there is no vein that I could see.

Only thing I can think of, it was a hidey hole, and its empty. If you're in that neck of the woods, I may be able to locate it on google earth.

----- I just went and tried google, man that place sure changed.... when I left, Rainbow was the edge of town. We use to ride quads where the Redrock country club is now. Also found an old car buried out there, riddled with bulletholes.

Anyways, I couldn't locate the spot precisely, but its up one of those washes near the water collection place they built. There's only three, and its a short ways in. Look on the EAST hillside when hiking in if you go.

Might be a while before I treck that way but I'll keep it in mind. Who knows what's in store for me this summer? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread