Solar Flares

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've kept up on the news, we've been experiencing unusual strong solar flares over the past few days. News says they will interrupt electronic devices and other such stuff.

May not be the cause of our electricity going out for 30 minutes or so over the past 3 days (Including twice today). Or may not be the cause of me losing my DISH HD Siginal for a hour or so at a time. Again several time a day.

But, the real kicker, my wife and I have Samsung Verizon cell phones. They never stopped working. BUT, every hour or so they will give off one or two Beeps.
Just Beep, Beep. No one there and no evidence off a missed call.

I just finished my daily one mile walk and my cell phone gave the usual double beep four times. Weird. I think it's the solar flares. Has anyone else experienced this sort of weirdness? btw...I'm on the east coast. Mid-Alantic area.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
But, the real kicker, my wife and I have Samsung Verizon cell phones. They never stopped working. BUT, every hour or so they will give off one or two Beeps.

I just finished my daily one mile walk and my cell phone gave the usual double beep four times. Weird. I think it's the solar flares. Has anyone else experienced this sort of weirdness? btw...I'm on the east coast. Mid-Alantic area.

Thats just the NSA turning your phones mic off and on and or taking pictures with it.

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't use a tens unit during a solar flare! :laughing7:
The flares we had 15 or so yrs ago, I swear made my chiropractors tens unit go all haywire.
It kept getting stronger and stronger, almost to the point, I thought I was going to have to jump up, and snatch the little pad thingys off my back. Then, just as it started going bonky, it went right back down to normal.
One of the weirdest things, I ever experienced.:dontknow:

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The flares we had 15 or so yrs ago, I swear made my chiropractors tens unit go all haywire.
It kept getting stronger and stronger, almost to the point, I thought I was going to have to jump up, and snatch the little pad thingys off my back. Then, just as it started going bonky, it went right back down to normal.

Wow! Now that is one I haven't heard but can see how it may be effected. Sounds like a bit of bad timing...but good to know. "Going to chiro?...check the weather..." Got it! :thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Rather shocking to say the least.:laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you've kept up on the news, we've been experiencing unusual strong solar flares over the past few days. News says they will interrupt electronic devices and other such stuff.

May not be the cause of our electricity going out for 30 minutes or so over the past 3 days (Including twice today). Or may not be the cause of me losing my DISH HD Siginal for a hour or so at a time. Again several time a day.

I look at this site daily,have for the last 14 years.

SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

OP
OP
L

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worldtalker...I check that site once in a while. Check NASA Astronomy picture of the day everyday.

Been an amateur astronomer for about the last 50 years. My current telescope is an eight inch Celestron with a dozen or so lens. Had about six telescopes over the years.

On top of the Solar Flares, today is Friday the 13th. Then a full moon tonight. We're toast.

btw-this full moon is called the Strawberry Moon. Along with the June Moon. We're still toast.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Worldtalker...I check that site once in a while. Check NASA Astronomy picture of the day everyday.

Been an amateur astronomer for about the last 50 years. My current telescope is an eight inch Celestron with a dozen or so lens. Had about six telescopes over the years.

On top of the Solar Flares, today is Friday the 13th. Then a full moon tonight. We're toast.

btw-this full moon is called the Strawberry Moon. Along with the June Moon. We're still toast.

Sunday AM - Coffee & Strawberry Jelly on Toast... YUMMM!

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of all the so called disruptions to modern life, (Super Volcano, Asteroid, Nukes, etc...), the solar flare scares me the most, and seems the most likely!

It actually happened in 1859. If this happened today, with our dependence on electronics, it would be bad!

A Perfect Solar Superstorm: The 1859 Carrington Event ? History in the Headlines

"That night, telegraph communications around the world began to fail; there were reports of sparks showering from telegraph machines, shocking operators and setting papers ablaze. All over the planet, colorful auroras illuminated the nighttime skies, glowing so brightly that birds began to chirp and laborers started their daily chores, believing the sun had begun rising. Some thought the end of the world was at hand"

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

hmi1898.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread