Why was this "Sticky" started, when it doesnt work?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/289213-how-ignore-forums-threads.html

Tried it over 100 times, it has yet to work.

You guys say this is how it works, why don't you fix it?

Sure would take a load off the mods and admins if we could IGNORE threads that get us PO'd!

Think about it ...
"this is not a core feature of the forum software, at some point someone added the functionality via a plugin to the software. The description of the plugin states the following:

PER admins...

"This product eliminates ignored threads in the New Posts listings only, they are still listed in Today's Posts and in their forums."

So, do the users know that this should only be ignoring the threads/forums on that "New Posts" page only? I did a quick test where I ignored a new member thread, then used a test user (veronious) to add a post to the thread, and under my regular account the thread was ignored properly.."

In other words it only works on "New Posts" feature, it does not work under individual forums, it does not work if a thread is quoted.

Something that does work because I use it all the time is for the individual to just ignore a thread they don't like.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread