All Treasure Hunting

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today is my 2 year anniversary of being tobacco free!
I can't imagine going back to smoking cigarettes EVER!
Gonna celebrate by going shopping and buying me self a prezzy!
Thanks again for all the support I got here at T-net!

:notworthy: :icon_cheers::occasion15::icon_cheers: :notworthy:

:occasion14: :occasion15::occasion14::occasion18::occasion16::occasion18:

:blob3::blob7::blob5::blob6::blob10::blob8::blob1::blob9::wav:

Woooo Hoooo!! Happy Anniversary!! :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Good on ya-

It was the hardest thing (but best thing) I ever done. -20 years ago.

Now you can sit on an airplane and identify every smoker that walks by.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good for you Muddy! I just realized this was an updated thread and I couldn't be happier for you.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today is my 2 year anniversary of being tobacco free!
I can't imagine going back to smoking cigarettes EVER!
Gonna celebrate by going shopping and buying me self a prezzy!
Thanks again for all the support I got here at T-net!

:notworthy: :icon_cheers::occasion15::icon_cheers: :notworthy:

:occasion14: :occasion15::occasion14::occasion18::occasion16::occasion18:

:blob3::blob7::blob5::blob6::blob10::blob8::blob1::blob9::wav:

Good for you guy.... I doubt you'll ever go back to smoking either. Stay strong and good job! :occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! I've tried to quit smokeless tobacco 3-4 times and have been unsuccessful. I've tried hypnosis, patch, gum and cold turkey! I have made it up to 4 months and had a relapse.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I think it is now my time to quit Muddyhandz. Smoked all my Life. Still do. I stopped for 8 years and got started again. Different story ok. WEEEEELLLL, This Sunday I will go to Church and quit. I can't use the E-Cigs. I'll tell you about them in a minute. I "WILL" use the Patches. That is what I did last time. Tried Cold Turkey and the Migraines tore me up. I have to use the Patches now.
To back up for a minute. The Report on E-Cigs say they contain "CADMIUM". Folks, that is the very metal used in BATTERIES.!!!! Your lining your Lungs with METAL.!!! Think about it. Hi, I want to be like the Terminator !!! :tongue3:
Diggumup; Maybe it is time to have another TNet Smoke Out. What say ye Jeff ???
One you missed Muddyhandz is: When is the last time you could sit all the way through a Movie ?? or How many TV shows have you sat through PRAYING for the Commercial Breaks ??? Think about it.
I have a smoking table and chair out back on my porch. After Church Sunday I will SMASH them. I'll Post the pictures ok. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha Ron, you came to the right place! Especially with Brad checking up on you!
I just want to say what great human being Brad (Limitool) is.
Did y'all know that when tragedy struck his family and when he first shared it with T-net, I offered my condolences on his thread and before you know it, he sent me a private message.
Yes folks, Brad was smack in the middle of a major loss and grieving and what does he do?
He p.m.'s me and asks how I'm doing with my quitting smoking! How selfless can one be?
I just want express what a great person Brad is.
Thank you buddy!
:notworthy:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! July 11th will be my 2 year anniversary of quitting smoking!

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! I've tried to quit smokeless tobacco 3-4 times and have been unsuccessful. I've tried hypnosis, patch, gum and cold turkey! I have made it up to 4 months and had a relapse.
Unsuccessful? You made to 4 months and would say that you are well on your way! What has been the most difficult for you? Routines?
After 4 months, the nicotine is out of the blood stream and everything would be 100% mental.
Most people say that hardest part is getting past 4 days!
Keep trying! You're soo close!
:headbang:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; LIMITOOL, Be careful; I like dares. !!! :laughing7: I will beat this the same way I beat drugs. One Day At a Time with Gods Help and yours. Yup, after the 4 months what started me up again was I was having a very "BAD" day and 2 guys were smoking near me. I was either going to punch them out cold or ask for a smoke. The rest is History. I am a nice guy but there was a time I was a very cold hearted junkie. I'm clean 33 years last month. 6 guys died in one BAD deal before I got clean. I'll leave it at that. If you want to know the rest of my story PM me and I'll be glad to share it with you ok. I was wrapped up with Whitey Bulger and Crew. Get the picture.??
No more, thank God. I read the Bible every day and pray every day. I have for 19 years now.
Folks; I can do it with Gods help & yours. Thanks.

I hereby Declare that this one Thread belongs to EVERY single person here including the Mods and Hereby EXEMPT from any and ALL Modifications, Deletions etc. This Thread is now OUR Thread. :flag_red: :headbang: PEACE:RONB

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Folks; LIMITOOL, Be careful; I like dares. !!! :laughing7: I will beat this the same way I beat drugs. One Day At a Time with Gods Help and yours. Yup, after the 4 months what started me up again was I was having a very "BAD" day and 2 guys were smoking near me. I was either going to punch them out cold or ask for a smoke. The rest is History. I am a nice guy but there was a time I was a very cold hearted junkie. I'm clean 33 years last month. 6 guys died in one BAD deal before I got clean. I'll leave it at that. If you want to know the rest of my story PM me and I'll be glad to share it with you ok. I was wrapped up with Whitey Bulger and Crew. Get the picture.??
No more, thank God. I read the Bible every day and pray every day. I have for 19 years now.
Folks; I can do it with Gods help & yours. Thanks.

I hereby Declare that this one Thread belongs to EVERY single person here including the Mods and Hereby EXEMPT from any and ALL Modifications, Deletions etc. This Thread is now OUR Thread. :flag_red: :headbang: PEACE:RONB

First off.... Muddy... a public thanks for the kind words above... I do appreciate it. :occasion14:

BARKER.... You like dares...? Well let's do this buddy. Just say "when" ... "I'm your huckleberry." Tomorrow...?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; Yup, Your On.!! :thumbsup: Folks, The main psyche reason I smoke is PAIN. I have a broken back & neck. I just had my 10th Surgery. There are times when even the Morphine and Percocet Combo does NOT kill the pain and I end up smoking to take my mind off the pain. It can be HORRENDOUS at times. NOTHING works. BUUUTTT at least I'm able walk again. I've been paralyzed 17x from my waist down. Believe it or not I still go digging.!!! :tard: :laughing7: It's TRUE.!!! :laughing7: Anyways; I wanted to give you guys a heads up ok. Thanks for your help. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Just think Muddyhandz; Maybe now I can last longer on the hunt. I sure get plumb fried at the end of a 3 hour hunt. I used to do 8 - 10 hour hunts all the time. Not now. Hey, That could be a goal to set. I'm dead serious about quitting. It "IS" killing me and I do feel it. I have my patches ready for first thing tomorrow night. Think of the money I'll save on Laundry alone. WOW. !!! Your clothes "STINK" at the end of the day for sure. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; TONIGHT is the Night. I have my patches ready. I've said my Prayers. Tomorrow I will "DESTROY" the smoking table & chair. It's raining hard today.
I'll Post the pics ok. PEACE:RONB

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! I quit with the patch the longest and suggestive hypnosis CDs almost as long.

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BARKER.... Sorry to hear about your pain buddy. I've watched my wife deal with severe back pain for years. She had pinched nerves all up and down her spine. Feb. this year she had total back fusion. 2 steel rods and 34 screws were inserted in about 90% of her spine. All chronic pain was instantly gone. Now just healing and her shoulder area bothers her more than anything now from being cut up. But she's recovering.... slowly.

Stick to the quitting mode guy.... Post everyday good, bad or ugly and get your encouragement. Just knowing others across the country & world are pulling for ya and some of us will hold ya accountable surely will help. Resist the urge and don't let yourself or us down. It will be hard but just turn it into a personal challenge and beat it guy!!!! I was touching & talking to my father when he took his last breath and died from lung cancer. Find a different way to die... please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread