Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAPTAIN CAVEMAN! :hello2::occasion15::hello2:
:occasion16::occasion5::occasion16:

Can't wait to celebrate an anniversary for Barker, Fletch88, and anyone else trying to quit!

I see Brad has been here already doing what he does best....helping people! :thumbsup:

BARKER, please update us as much as you like on how the battle is going.
I agree with Brad....you can do this!
We're rooting for you and Fletch also!
Many blessings to you all.
:leprechaun-hat:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Success so far today. It's 3pm EST. I'll get to the smoking table & chair tomorrow. Still raining here. I think a Sawzall and a Sledge Hammer should take care of them nicely. :icon_scratch::laughing7:. I'll Post later tonight before 8pm. My fights start at 8pm ok. WWE. They will help keep my mind off the butts ok. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; I sorry to hear about your wife. I "know" the pain she is in. Over half of my vertebrae themselves are "SOLID" metal. The rest have bolts and screws in them. I have a metal plate and screws in my neck to hold my head up. Otherwise my head would just bob around. Thing is that this is No Contest. If you hurt your back. YOUR HURT PERIOD.!!! I am the 53rd person in the US that has had the Surgery I had. I've now had 10 Surgeries.
The good news is that I still get up every day and do what I have to take care of my Family. Heck, I still even go digging.!!!! :laughing7: The day I die is the day they pry a metal detector out of my cold, clammy hands.!!! :tongue3: It's true ya knows.!! :icon_scratch: :laughing7: Anyways, Have a great day guys.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey BARKER... If you believe destroying the smoking table and chair will help you then by all means march forth. But as you know.... the real fight is between your ears. Even if you left the table and chair and even put a pack of cigs on it... it still just comes down to YOUR will, drive and desire. You've made a major choice to quit and as you know it is a real good one at that. But if you believe destroying that sitting area will help then by all means grab the marshmallows and have it buddy. Wherever you personally can find strength to reach your goal is the right thing to do guy.

But, your mental will and conviction to your goal is what will get you there.... :occasion14: Stay strong and fill that time spent smoking with something new and interesting to you whatever it is. One day at a time....

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Limitool; I will for sure. I find it AMAZING just how many things I did during the day that were directly evolved around smoking. Having my morning coffee, 3 smokes. 2 hours later another coffee, 3 more smokes. Waiting for the bus 1 - 2 smokes. A long TV show, 2 - 3 smokes. A good meal, 2 smokes. I'm frustrated, bored etc., 3 - 4 smokes. Talking to friends, 2 smokes. I'm in PAIN, up to 6 smokes. Almost bed time, 2 smokes. God the list goes on & on. It's CRAZY.!!!
How to fill those Voids, Anyone's guess. I'm learning though.
As for the table & chair. WEEEEELLLL They ARE toast. When I get done you will think they got hit by a Abrham's Tank.!!!! >:D:angry9::violent1: :tongue3: :laughing7: :laughing7: "INCOMING" !!! :laughing7:
PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you BARKER... You've GOT to fill this new void with an activity or something else that's a new challenge mentally. Even at your age and physical limits it has got to be filled with something positive. Post often on your positive progress.... brag and/or ask for support if needed. Stay strong guy.... And I mean STRONG WILLED! If you'd like to talk sometime just PM me w/number and we'll talk sometime buddy.

"How to fill those voids"....? That BARKER is something you need to address NOW. But during this transition period please don't let yourself down and stay strong... Show others whats possible using total will power and set an example... Your T-net double dog dare ya friend.... (I mean it) Brad :thumbsup:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brad; Yup, I already am. I'm staying longer at work. I'm drinking my coffee in the break room instead of out on the truck landing where I had to have smokes with my coffee. I carry chocolate with me and I'm wearing the Patch. At night I watch more TV and have ice cream instead of smoking during each commercial break. I'm cleaning the house out of the crap that has built up that we NEVER use anymore. I've never seen the cellar look so clean.!!! :icon_scratch: :laughing7: When I'm in my Cleaning Mode I'm "RUTHLESS". NOTHING is safe.!!! :dontknow: :tongue3: It's the Military in me. :icon_salut: AND I've only started. >:D The last time I quit I repainted the ENTIRE house and every room in it. There's 3 stories tall here. I even used a small Artists brush to do ALL the trim work. LITERALLY.!!! I have a real "NICE" collection of Artist brushes now. :laughing7: :laughing7: And right now I've been eyeing the back porch. :icon_scratch: Me, I'll rip out the whole porch and build a new one just for the sake of doing it. I'm crazy like that. You see, I have OCD, Obssesive , Compulsive Disorder and when I focus on something I go ALL THE WAY.!!! Even to the tiniest screw or nail. I literally miss nothing. Came in handy in the Coast Guard for sure. I can recall Orders given 3 weeks before. They liked how I did my work. I did it to the T. It drives me crazy when I miss something or not complete something. Back then I would literally spend 48 hours NON - STOP to finish one job. It took me 61 hours to finish repainting and Chroming the Mess Deck. No stopping, no breaks xyz. Best dang Mess Deck they ever had.!!!! :coffee2::headbang: Now I'll use that same drive to put things in my way intentionally to stop smoking. Want your house painted ?? :laughing7: Anyways, I'll keep you guys informed ok. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; PROBLEM: What say ye ??? Here is my Post on another Thread describing it ok.

Hi; I can't post what I'm thinking right now about PokemonGo. My kid is now "GROUNDED" because of her actions playing this dang game. I took her phone and put it in my Safe and LOCKED it.!!! I'm Incensed over it. Last night my kid came home at 2:45AM. I was wide awake waiting. She said she HAD to go to Deer Island to collect a Pokemon Nest that was there. That's a 19 MILE trip from home at 2:45AM Folks.!!! Ill be danged but my kid will NOT Disrespect me like that again. I"M HER DAD, NOT POKEMON.!!! She WILL live by my basic House Rules or pay the Price. I don't care if she plays a game but she WILL do it in a normal Rational Manner PERIOD.!!! I'm ripping. I'm mad as hell but I don't know who to go after yet. God help them if I figure that out. !!! Maybe it's time now for us Parents to put a cold stop to this madness. What say ye Folks
huh.gif
I await. PEACE:RONB
angry4.gif
help.gif

Being 3 days off butts I'm in a GOOD mood !!!! :BangHead: :tongue3: PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARKER, this will be tough to give advice when I'm pretty disgusted with the whole zombie phone thing myself but I do know from experience that the emotions can run wild after quitting during the first week at least.
Four days after quitting, I almost punched a guy's face to a pulp! He was someone who rubbed me the wrong way even when I was a smoker and then I had to do a moving job with him during a really hot day and tempers were flaring.
Luckily, I didn't do anything I would regret (other than a few choice words) and things cooled down a bit.
I also had some financial problems right after I quit ( the worst in years) and I really wanted to smoke but knew it would not help me and it would make my life worse because of failing to keep my promise.
It became obvious that these were tests. Life seems to work that way. Nothing is easy but I'll tell you straight up that each test I passed made me STRONGER.
It seemed like hell at the time but the silver lining was always in sight. Maybe that's what kept me going.
Trying to have FAITH that everything is happening for a reason and it was all there for my personal growth.
Kind of like giving your kid some harsh disipline (and feeling bad for doing so) but then years later that kid comes to you and thanks you for making them the person they turned out to be.
This is what I told my parents and I am very thankful for all the disipline they gave me otherwise I wouldn't be the man I'm proud to be.
:headbang:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good post Mud.... I hope me and others can draw strength from your accomplishment of quitting. You did good guy! :occasion14:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Folks; PROBLEM: What say ye ??? Here is my Post on another Thread describing it ok.

Hi; I can't post what I'm thinking right now about PokemonGo. My kid is now "GROUNDED" because of her actions playing this dang game. I took her phone and put it in my Safe and LOCKED it.!!! I'm Incensed over it. Last night my kid came home at 2:45AM. I was wide awake waiting. She said she HAD to go to Deer Island to collect a Pokemon Nest that was there. That's a 19 MILE trip from home at 2:45AM Folks.!!! Ill be danged but my kid will NOT Disrespect me like that again. I"M HER DAD, NOT POKEMON.!!! She WILL live by my basic House Rules or pay the Price. I don't care if she plays a game but she WILL do it in a normal Rational Manner PERIOD.!!! I'm ripping. I'm mad as hell but I don't know who to go after yet. God help them if I figure that out. !!! Maybe it's time now for us Parents to put a cold stop to this madness. What say ye Folks
huh.gif
I await. PEACE:RONB
angry4.gif
help.gif

Being 3 days off butts I'm in a GOOD mood !!!! :BangHead: :tongue3: PEACE:RONB

Well now BARKER... I can certainly relate to the disrespect your child showed. I had a hand in raising 8 of them. Five girls and three boys. I would MOST certainly take boys over the girls. Especially when the girls got around age 12+. And they were stair-stepped in age so it got real tense at times. But back to yours.... I'd take the phone also and it would be mine for a long time. I don't blame you and I bet nobody else will/would either. While your going through a transition period yourself.... what she did has nothing to do with YOUR quitting problems. But was probably real bad timing on her part to boot.

As far as you filling in your time instead of smoking... it sounds like you got it covered buddy. You appear to be a strong willed person and take pride in your endeavors. That attribute we share as I do the same here. When I take an interest in something I'll ride it into the ground until I'm "happy". I could use your detail mentality helping me build toy boxes. We'd have fun!

Keep strong and don't give in. Sounds like you came close once but failed. What's the record length you've quit before? That will be your 1st goal I believe and then we'll enter uncharted waters. But with some support and accountability I bet you can make it lock, stock and barrel! If some Canadian guy living "In da bush" named Muddyhandz can do it.... :laughing7: you can do it in Boston. Do it for team USA!!! Thus far: Canada 1 - USA 0. Step up! After 1 year of NO CHEATING you score a point. We then look for another "player"! Good job Mud.... stay strong BARKER.

EDIT: I've been real busy watching and entertaining 4 grand-kids. Between them all it keeps me running. But they're having fun swimming, hiking, playing pool and shooting .22's. I don't get online much. Down to 1 kid here now. A 13 y/o boy, Zake. He's gonna learn to ride the mower today. I made it sound fun... :laughing7: Wonder how long that will last...? :dontknow: Hopefully after the last strip is mowed!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK BARKER.... How we doing? You still holding out strong buddy? I hope you are.

I'm sorry you had the child problem because I can certainly relate. But I hope your sticking to the goal.... :occasion14: Best to ya guy.... Brad

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys; Thanks Limitool. I'm still strong. Just been VERY busy here. Landlord is throwing 6 Families out of this building, myself included. Been in a panic search for a new place. I finally found a friend of my family that will have a place open October 1st. Now I'm doing the packing, labeling, cleaning etc. etc. It's been crazy here but I still find time to take breaks and relax a bit. I refuse to let myself get stressed out. NO WAY.!! Anyways, Sorry i have not Posted in a bit. My Record is 8 YEARS ok. My last attempt was 9 days. I'm still strong now though. I try not to count the days and take it a Day at a time. Sometimes a second at a time. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hang tough BARKER.... I mean tough!!!! Don't make this your last battle buddy. Make it one you face, win, move forward and find a new one to face. You may only win by a day, week, month or a few years... BUT WIN!!!!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Brad; No Prob. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Brad; No Prob. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

I appreciate the PM's buddy.... (a lot). Giving anybody encouragement to defeat any addiction helps me feel better. I am so damn proud of Muddy in Canada and I want you to join the group. I miss not saying / doing things to someone I loved with all my heart before they passed.... stay around for those who love you and tell them so.... daily!!!!!! Brad

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WELL...????? Let's rock... what's going on? Are you hanging tough?

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello T-net, just wanted to update this thread on my 4 year anniversary of quitting smoking.
Still hang out with smokers but never get a temptation at all.
No one has to respond here to this old topic, I just wanted to add my status after 4 years.
Blessings to anyone who is trying to quit....Whether they succeed or not!
Blessings also to those who make an effort to help smokers who are trying to quit. :thumbsup:
Hope everyone has a great summer.
Cheers,
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread