Harrier Jet Lands On Stool

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is amazing to watch. I'm sure they stopped the forward motion of the ship but the flightdeck will still pitch with the waves. I used to work on the flightdeck of the Constellation back during Nam. We didn't have Harriers then and all of our jets hand to hit a cable with a tailhook to land. When this Harrier bounced it looked pretty scary!!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you(and your family) for your service PB! My cousin was Air Force pilot back then. We had big party at the steak house when he came home. I was only 4yo, but sitting on his knee at the head of the table, man, that was better than if he had been Elvis Presley! Everyone was so glad he came back home.

I'm just always amazed and in awe of the capabilities of our newer technological stuffs. But sometimes, the old simple methods seem to have their applications, too. That was a scary landing, huh?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That was a " harrier" landing than usual.
To give you an idea of some of these guys and gals skills, the helicopter that lands at the White House has to place its wheels in one foot circles. Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was one hell of a "nice" landing under the circumstances. I'd like to thank you also PB and .... THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS WHO SERVED ALSO!!!!

I missed my stool one night while drumming for a rock bank I was in. During the 4th set I'm up on stage twirling drumsticks knocking out the AC/DC song "Highway to Hell". We JUST finished the song and the barmaid jumped up on stage to hand me another another beer (another is the key word here). Instead of coming around the drum kit she reaches over the cymbals and toms so I stand up to help meet her. I grabbed my beer and when I went to sit down I COMPLETELY MISSED MY STOOL (throne) and went over backwards. So.... REO's "Riding the Storm Out" had to wait a minute while I got my act back together. Glad I don't have to fly fighter jets... The world would be in trouble.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to work on the flightdeck of the Constellation back during Nam.

Connie, she's my gal!

I made the steam you used for the catapults. '72/'73
(Imperial Shellback BTW)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was aboard in 64, 65, 66 and 67. I was in the Association and went to her 40th b-day, a family cruise and her decommishioning in San Diego. Love that ship! Reagan declared her America's Flagship because of her performance during Nam. That says a lot when you look at all the carriers and other ships that served during that time. (here pat, take your thread back! :) )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread