ARE YOU OVERPAYING??????

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I got to thinking about the cost to produce a product and the cost you pay retail.
I don't, like most people, just compare the cost difference of different brands. I like to see the profit margins of the manufacturers. It is a real eye opener. The biggest clue I pick up is the so called cash reserve of the manufacturer. Look at GM now, it is paying billions for recall repairs and I don't see any cash flow problems. Now look at Toyota. They are moving most of there employees from Cal. to TX and paying them $15K for expenses. Toyota;s cash reserve? About $40 billion. I am beginning to think those car prices are a bit to high. Now look at the big guns at other corporations like Gates. I wonder how many billions he has salted away?
Frank...- 111-1 profileblk.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hell yes we're overpaying.... BUT... it's all about supply and demand. I remember watching GM produce 1200+ vehicles p/day 6-7 days p/wk. at my plant and wondering damn that's a lot of money retailed. With the corporate taxes our Government now wants it's no wonder some company's are just hoarding 10's of billions of money off shore and not reinvesting here. Nothing's going to change at least for 2-3 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions