Technology

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you fellas and gals, from all that I'm seeing in the future I'm certain that technology is going to replace jobs, and this worries me. Just about everything man is doing today technology is being designed to take that task over tomorrow. So where will it end? This rate of job swallowing advancement can't continue unless we're all going to get paid to do absolutely nothing in the end. Where is the profit if there is no economy to support it? Add to this the job market is only going to continue to increase. I see a very troubling outlook ahead. :dontknow:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say this.......with all the technology,I see very little Decent Human Conduct!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris,
It just appears to me that technology is geared to eradicate the burden of employees. In the late 70's & 80's I entered the robotics/automation field and I saw first hand how these technologies reduced jobs. By 2000 that same technology was reducing the number of people required to maintain the robotics/automations installed. Pick any job market these days and we're seeing the same thing, especially when we look at what's being worked on/toward for the future. Pretty troublesome.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bigscoop, I have wondered about that same problem. I have some thoughts on it; but they're probably just 'screwball'.
If, and that's a very big if, the technology can advance to the point of providing what we as humans need to live, then it would be nice; or would it? If robots did all of the work such as manufacturing everything we need, grow all of the food we need, raise all of the meat we need, what would the world be like? I can't foresee it ever happening; but if it did, would people be happy? I don't believe so. It's really mind-boggling to even try to imagine a world where everything that we need was provided without working for it. I guess that would be 'utopia'. I can see so many things that would prevent it from being a 'utopia'. People need something to do besides 'enjoying life'. People need schedules, appointments, things that occupy their minds. Without something to keep them occupied, there would be unrest the likes of which have never been seen before. I can't believe that there could be enough 'entertainment' to keep people occupied. The ones that could just sit down and do nothing and be content would be few; but, also would probably be like a lot of people that retire; just sit down, and do nothing until they die.
Gotta quit, it gets my mind too twisted to think straight. Just don't think it could work! But I think it might quickly come to the point, like you're saying, that there will be so few jobs that need human labor, that we will have a total 'meltdown' of our civilization.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread