COMMERCIAL INFLUENCE ****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
OK, I spot the trends on commercials that casually drift by most. Any one else note them?
Example: The dumb male is becomeing popular! On a cell phone commercial, 4 female and one male realitors are at a cell phone store. The female's ask intellegent questions but the male just stands there wondering what is going on.
Example: Guy on phone with his insurance agent. His wife comes downstairs and rips the phone from his hand and implies he is talking to a gal.
It appears they are priming us for the next major election.
Frank...-

111-1 profile.jpg

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frank!! Yea, would seem plausible, untill you put one beside the next lady running for President!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No comment...:tongue3: in all seriousness I do detect male dumbness in commercials,used to be us dumb blondes(not blonde but you get my point)

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not just commercials. Whimpy males being saved by tough females in movie themes have been going on for years. My wife hates that sort of plot. She loves strong male heroic types.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No comment...:tongue3: in all seriousness I do detect male dumbness in commercials,used to be us dumb blondes(not blonde but you get my point)

Well in defense of the "dumb blondes" how about the one with the long haired blonde on wires dancing at the end of the bed. Talk about stupid!!!!! Hell if a camera followed me around I'd probably be the poster child for male dumbness or maybe Americas Funniest Videos.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Anybody else notice how the women on Naked and Afraid usually do much better then the macho male army ranger trained to eat bugs now crying and withering in pain because of a sunburn can't feed himself starving to death drank bad water now got diarrhea I want to quit men are doing?

Maybe the commercials are just mocking the new generation of sissified how's my hair look generation of unmanly men.

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, it's quite obvious the marketing gurus are targeting the women. Women make many, if not most, of the purchasing decisions in the average household so why not make them appear to be dominant? It works! Heck, Oprah used to tell them what to read. :)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'll say it. Misogyny and misandry.
While it may not be outright these things, those who have a propensity to think along those lines,
I'm sure it doesn't help.

Ever been to some of the womens and mens hating sites? They ain't nice(or worth ones time).
I'd rather not see haters get fuel for their fires. Rather shameful, imho.

eta: though I do sometimes chuckle at the stereotyping.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well in defense of the "dumb blondes" how about the one with the long haired blonde on wires dancing at the end of the bed. Talk about stupid!!!!! Hell if a camera followed me around I'd probably be the poster child for male dumbness or maybe Americas Funniest Videos.
Hay, in the latest, the old guy can't find the controlls for the tv! Frank...- hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DVR everything I watch so I never watch commercials....

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eta: though I do sometimes chuckle at the stereotyping.

I've said for years that stupidity doesn't run in our society, it gallops.

It's become far worse since the introduction of reality (misfit) TV.

...or it could simply be that we now reveal that which we once hid in the basement or attic.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've said for years that stupidity doesn't run in our society, it gallops.

It's become far worse since the introduction of reality (misfit) TV.

Thats because people are to stupid to realize that once a camera is introduced it is no longer reality:laughing9:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I can get a beautyful shine on my wood furniture, and I can't even change a lightbulb"!

LAWL! :laughing7: Who remembers that one?
I tried to find it on youtube, but just couldn't sit through the mindnumbing commercials.
I make that staement, during those ackward moments when, "them pretzels are making me thirsty", just won't do. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything stated here proves commercials works, people remember them.. LOL

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everything stated here proves commercials works, people remember them.. LOL

Aye, 'tis true. I seldom see them these days since I very rarely watch television. Still, I remember them.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife is a copywriter and big into marketing surveys and information about which ads work and which don't. Funny, as cute as ads are, sometimes, it seems that advertising copy on most of those memorable commercials doesn't get increased sales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions