Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever hear of the little boy who cried Wolf ? apparently Comcast Hasn't

as a late night tv watcher for months now, I've been seeing these "monthly" Emergency Alert System or Emergency Broadcast System messages interrupt programming. It's really a pain.
These "Monthly" tests are running Nightly for as far back as I can remember.
in fact some times they run several times a Night :(
and never during a commercial, but always at a time I need to back up
to Hear what I missed :( add to that the Volume of them are Definitely Noise Pollution
and hurt the ears.

that aside, If something actually happens,
most people up at that time will be set to Ignore it.

as most of the time now, If I see the little warning scroll the test is imminent,
I turn my TV off for a Half hour & put it back on after the test.
Of course Some nights they run it again just to irritate Me I know It !!!!! ???

and Pausing the TV & comoing over here to my Computer doesn't stop them Overriding My Pause with their Ear pearicing siren :(

seriously it's getting to the point it's better to leave the tv off all night and let
whatever happens , happen

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel better now? You should. You needed to get that out... we know.

How's ankle coming buddy?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ankle is better most of the time.
I actually forget it was broke allot.

However when standing I get muscle spasm's at times that try to throw my ankle sideways.
These spasm's still have me too worried to trust doing much yet.
I would hate to re-break it :(

But Thanks for asking !

p.s. No I don't feel better about the emergency Broadcast Terrorism every night :tongue3:
after doing some googling I see this is nation wide terrorism by the Emergency Broadcast people
& of course they will never stop, or coordinate all systems so it is actually just monthly :(

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I admit I'm off your topic Jeff... But that ankle will be "weak" for a long, long time. For years I could just step on a clump of something in the yard, woods, house and turn it "just right" and I'd go down because if I didn't I knew it was going to break again. But I had severe ligament damage with my break also.

Shut down the cable and switch your internet and TV to something else. I really like my DirecTV. And I don't have a "Broadcast Terrorism" problem either.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time it rains here we get a alert. Its freakin water come on. I have noticed a few of these broadcast also.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff are you still wearing ankle brace? If not I would, at least the premade ace bandage you slip your foot into like a sock, it will give added support...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A boot may help too for support. All I wear anymore unless wearing a suit every few years... May need a lace adjustment as day progresses and swelling occurs.
Yes the warning system would be different if anything ever actually occurred. Why repeated testing is required is beyond me,it works or does not. The odds of my watching t.v. when a real emergency happens is going to be slim but who knows?Maybe someone will be helped,and then glued to t.v....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I'm off your topic Jeff... But that ankle will be "weak" for a long, long time. For years I could just step on a clump of something in the yard, woods, house and turn it "just right" and I'd go down because if I didn't I knew it was going to break again. But I had severe ligament damage with my break also.

Shut down the cable and switch your internet and TV to something else. I really like my DirecTV. And I don't have a "Broadcast Terrorism" problem either.

Yes I have the same problem , walking in the Grass or turning sideways,
Even stepping down steps, Or stepping up steps using My Bad ankle last

Jeff are you still wearing ankle brace? If not I would, at least the premade ace bandage you slip your foot into like a sock, it will give added support...

I don't have an ankle brace unless you count the Fracture Boot I was supplied,\
Or the High top shoes I bought. but 90% of the time I'm in my regular Low regular Shoes,
or my Socks, just trying to build up my Muscles or whatever in it naturally.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine was hurting for quite a few months afterwards.I just grinned and beared it.Kept it wrapped tight and used ice packs.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not welcome back at the Bone doc anymore, at least not without another Fracture :tongue3:
or Referral , But next month at some point I have an appt. with My family Practice Doc
for my regular 6 Month check to see if I'm still Breathing.
I'm thinking about asking him if he has any suggestions on how I would go about maybe getting some type
of Plastic Brace.

at this point I'm wanting to get out detecting. Mid 70's , Cold Breeze & Hints of winter already
are bumming me out. just ran my probe over my Fracture Boot.

The areas with Rivets sound off :(

DSCF0001(1).JPG

So haven't thrown it on yet to see if I can get down on my knees, Dig, & upright myself in it
over & over & over & over

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not welcome back at the Bone doc anymore, at least not without another Fracture :tongue3:
or Referral , But next month at some point I have an appt. with My family Practice Doc
for my regular 6 Month check to see if I'm still Breathing.
I'm thinking about asking him if he has any suggestions on how I would go about maybe getting some type
of Plastic Brace.

at this point I'm wanting to get out detecting. Mid 70's , Cold Breeze & Hints of winter already
are bumming me out. just ran my probe over my Fracture Boot.

The areas with Rivets sound off :(

View attachment 1029829

So haven't thrown it on yet to see if I can get down on my knees, Dig, & upright myself in it
over & over & over & over

Yea... you can do it Jeff... but it sucks. Listen that suggestion by T.H. is a good one (post #6). The boot is probably an overkill now... but I wouldn't go out without some good support. You'll heal naturally but a setback is usually worse... My best to ya buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread