Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Driver gets Free AX while driving on I-95, but probably didn't keep it

TOPSFIELD, Mass. — Massachusetts State Police say the ax bounced out of a landscaper’s dump truck at about 11 a.m. Wednesday on southbound Interstate 95 in Topsfield.They released a photo showing the ax with a corner of its blade stuck in the passenger side of the car's dashboard. The handle was sticking through the windshield.

Untitledq.jpg

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Time for a bathroom stop!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in Houston working at a Gulf service station (full service!) in 1962. It was just before closing time and an almost new Buick/Oldsmobile (?) pulled in with a badly damaged windshield. The man and wife were regular customers so we stayed late to give them a little help. They had just come off the highway and drove straight to the station, hoping we'd still be open. We vacuumed the car front, back, and trunk as well as we could. He said they had been behind a truck for several miles, with traffic heavy enough that passing was too dangerous. He said that his wife had been sitting beside him for several miles, but had moved over toward the passenger side door. He said she was just settling down and 'bam', something came through the windshield just below the mirror. We found what we believed to be part of the rim/wheel of the truck in the trunk. It had passed through the windshield, the back of the front seat, through the back of the back seat, and made a deep dent in the car body just below the trunk lid. His wife was really lucky that night!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very large Lump of rock bounce off a Passing Truck &
fly Through the Windshield Past my head.
When I pulled over to see what it was, I found it on the floor behind my seat.

truckers insurance never paid. he insisted he only carried Coal, so no reason for a rock on his truck :(

It didn't come from space :o I only wish it did.

at least back then Junk yards sold Windshields for $35.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread