California Game Wardons****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have seen so many deogratory comments about them here and on other forms that I have wondered if it was that bade there.
I just watched NGS TV's offering on them. I was almost shocked! They appear to bunch together in groups of 3 or more driving seperate vehicles or in the air in 'spotter' planes.
In one event, at night, they went after two terrible poachers who were fishing out of season using forbidden bate. They were aprepended, at gunpoint Then issued a ticket for the event. IN another case they(3) stopped by a hunters cabin, just to check him out and search the place for illegal deer based on a photo of a deer eating from a bucket. Driving down the road in the woods they stopped a guy on a ATV and gave him a ticket for having loaded pistols on hid sides. they took the guns and gave him a ticket.
Hay, in none of these events were they causing any trouble. What do you think? Frank...-
6 06-1 Yellowstone 103-1.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's dangerous work for an ungrateful public. Without enforcement regulations mean nothing. Fish and game regulations are generally based on sensible restrictions regarding seasons and harvest methods.. Sure some are aggravating but those enforcing the rules are probably aggravated by the non rule/law abiding more when the effects are seen..Consider dumping/littering on public land alone.As far as gold and water in Cali, some appear rather overzealous.
Outside of that some people get funny with no enforcement.I would rather not be stopped but it has been a while since I have. With no enforcement sightings the minority of ne'er do wells grow bolder. An example would be deer around here. Doubt the pay is worth running into tweakers or worse .

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Frankn!! Depends on what the Law says!! But down here in Louisiana they have to be rather crusty!! Gets pretty rough when you get into bayou country!! No time for games!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureNet seems to have an unusually high number of haters hating everything from not being allowed to trespass at will to not being allowed to dig holes wherever they please to just generally hating people for being people.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
to just generally hating people for being people.

So true,and they all seem to gather in one particular thread also.Hell of a coincidence:laughing9:BuffaloBobs thread is a good example of the haters.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, let me back up and supply some reasoning. I am biased by my location. I live in Maryland. I have seen an old man arrested and booked for fishing without a license. Hay, that old guy lives in a shack in the woods and doesn't have a pot to piss in, so to speak.
I would estimate that probably more deer are taken illegally in this area then legally. The place is overrun I have 11 acres that are shall we say well hunted. I don't hunt! Last fall I was charged by an 8 pointer. I moved at the right time and he missed, then My dog knocked him over before he could recharge. No, My dog was not chasing him. I have had deer run into my car. Around here they manage the hunters, not the game.
Around here we are overwhelmed by law enforcement. I once started to count the agencies and gave up. State police, county sheriff dept, park police. game comm. police, harbor police, state marine police.city police departments, drug enforcement agents - Yes they landed in my field to' check it out' - hay, I don't even smoke. I got a ticket for going thru a toll booth without paying, The toll machine was broken. They admitted it and withdrew the ticket. I just got a parking ticket from D.C. for parking a Chrysler on the street without tags. I have never owned a Chrysler, I haven't been in D.C. in 6 years. Here's the clincher, they identified my by tags I had years ago.
Now you see where I am coming from? Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I think it's dangerous work for an ungrateful public. Without enforcement regulations mean nothing. Fish and game regulations are generally based on sensible restrictions regarding seasons and harvest methods.. Sure some are aggravating but those enforcing the rules are probably aggravated by the non rule/law abiding more when the effects are seen..Consider dumping/littering on public land alone.As far as gold and water in Cali, some appear rather overzealous.
Outside of that some people get funny with no enforcement.I would rather not be stopped but it has been a while since I have. With no enforcement sightings the minority of ne'er do wells grow bolder. An example would be deer around here. Doubt the pay is worth running into tweakers or worse .

I use to work for what was then called the Maryland State Game and Inland Fish Commission. I saw the inner workings then, which were based on Game Management and I see it now as Tax Management. Frank...-
It's like the Highway Patrols, Mostly tax collectors now.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasureNet seems to have an unusually high number of haters hating everything from not being allowed to trespass at will to not being allowed to dig holes wherever they please to just generally hating people for being people.

What the hell got your panties in a wad... Are you always in such a good mood? Think after this cup of coffee I'll go tear the neighbors no trespassing signs down, dig some holes in his yard and tell him to F-off when he confronts me. Maybe I'll meet some of the other T-net haters there and we'll do a good job on his lawn and high five when we're done. We got nothing better to do anyway. Get a life GIB if all you can do is hang out with us "haters". Go to your "Happy Place" :BangHead:. Sorry Frankn....

Back to the thread with the other "haters" :thumbsup:..... I get your point Frank but those Wardens do have a dangerous job. Not always... but usually they confront folks who are carrying firearms in there line of work also. And remember when there are cameras filming the officers work you at that point can't use more "common sense". Some things may be different without the cameras. But I do get your point Frank above... Now the DC ticket.... THAT IS OUT THERE!!!!!:dontknow:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Limitool its a case of the real haters laying the blame on somebody else.Remember everything is bass ackwards.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the most part they have a thankless task. Everyone pretty much despises them and they are seen as A holes. At Bodega Bay they hang out at the dock and check salmon as Silver salmon are illegal to take here fine is about $700. Now with some public awareness at the dock they could reduce the silver take to near Zero ,but they dont inform the fishermen they want to ticket them to increase revenue. I also have talked to retired wardens who had stories - checking fishing licenses 2 men ask for licenses on man runs Warden runs him down on the beach after about 1/3rd of a mile says why did you run he says my friend didnt have a license! Or as my idjit brother did went fishing with wife and forgot to buy her a license so as Warden walks up my brother says hey warden whats the more expensive ticket fishing without a license or fishing with 2 poles Warden says fishing without a license as my brother says I have been fishing with 2 poles.
Pheasant hunting I have seen wardens checking guns for plugs/ or loaded in vehicle guy in vehicle points shotgun out window says see its not loaded and pulls trigger BOOOOM 12 guage fired 6 inches from Wardens ear never saw a person turn whiter quicker turn around and walked to his truck and drove away.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What the hell got your panties in a wad... Are you always in such a good mood?

I'm probably tired of reading negative comment and post after the next negative doom is about to befall us and I hate the ___________ because...

Probably ought to turn off the computer and go outside and play.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm probably tired of reading negative comment and post after the next negative doom is about to befall us and I hate the ___________ because...

It takes a negative person to see something negative in news thats not released to mainstream media to cast.:laughing7:Information is neither negative or positive,information is just that.information.If you dont like reading the threads ">>>>>>>WHY DO YOU CLICK ON THEM<<<<<<<<" ...I'll tell you,so you have something to whine about.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I'm probably tired of reading negative comment and post after the next negative doom is about to befall us and I hate the ___________ because... Probably ought to turn off the computer and go outside and play."

"negative doom is about to befall us".... I don't have any idea how old you are... but I'm 59. I and many others DO BELIEVE "negative doom" is upon us threating our way of life. Day after day people are held to tighter and tighter regulations, laws and then others interpretations of those. You need to become a Charter Member and get some therapy. When you do I'll join and help with yours and mine's therapy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread