fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was returning to the store after making a delivery yesterday when an oncoming vehicle failed to negotiate a curve and struck me, at an angle, in front of the driver's side rear wheel. I was traveling at the posted 30 MPH speed limit but I can't say what the other driver was doing. I didn't have time to react.
The force of the collision knocked the rear end loose and the drive shaft even fell out. The other car must have rode under me because I ended up rolling over and landing on the driver's side facing back in the direction I was coming from. I also struck a metal street lamp before rolling. I believe that the camper top saved kept me from rolling on to the roof.
I was wearing my seat/shoulder belt and the front and side curtain airbags deployed saving me from being injured more than I was. I wasn't able to open the passenger side door so I got out, with the help of passersby, by making a hole in the already shattered windshield. The other driver left his vehicle and fled the scene on foot. He hasn't been found yet but the police know who he is.
I am bruised and banged up but the Good Lord was looking out for me and I didn't sustain any life threatening injuries. If it hadn't been for the seat belt and air bags the outcome would have been much worse. I hate that my new delivery truck was totaled but am thankful that I wasn't in one of the older trucks that don't have side air bags.
The pictures were taken at the Wrecking yard a fwe hours after the accident. It is hard to see some of the dents but every panel on the truck is damaged except for the front bumper, grille and headlights. I think the passenger side front tire and wheel may also be OK.

Attachments

• wreck.jpg
    wreck.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 79
  • wreck 2.jpg
    wreck 2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 78

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions