What Causes One To Become A Vegetarian?

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Somewhere Directly above the Center of the Earth
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are vegetarians by nature, we have teeth like horses for crushing food, if we are designed/evolved to eat meat, would think we would have canine teeth like wolves. our so called canine/insisor teeth are much different from actual canines teeth.
as for me I like what it says *meat* is in genisis 1:27-30 but not everybody follows that so it is a toss up.
The only thing that makes me feel that we are not wired for at least red meat, is the amounts found undigested after a persons death in their colon.

CocoNUT

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok....so the reminants in ancient firepits that have been excavated weren't animal and fish bones? We are not vetetarians by nature, but hunter's and gather's....read the history of the early western fur trappers and the Indian nations and you will find that "knowing fat cow from poor bull" was a necessity....these people gorged themselves on upwards of 8+ pounds of meat a day....them was shining times to quote their writings in their journals.....the protein that was in the fat was what kept them going in their stenuous lives.....vegetation, mostly herbs were used for flavoring and medicinal purposes.....being a vegetarion is an aquired choice of the individual......Gary

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK try this then.
IMG_20140811_210945.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, but still doesn't prove we put here as vegetarians, only that we have evolved through time to have similar charactoristics! Some of your speculation might be true today, but not in our evolutional past.....besides if we were desitined and destined to gain our sustainance from vegetable matter, we would have multiple stomachs and chew our cud!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The desire to be rabbits.....
Or being served a well done steak....

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@coconutmonkey

... and after flood, man was given meat to eat, but this is probably wrong place to discuss.

@Rebel
By insinuating that sex could be the cause of breast cancer is QUITE juvenile .... unless you implied rough sex, which would just be downright vulgar as you do not know me or my wife.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All right damnit!!
Knock it off or time outs will be handed out!:laughing7::laughing7:
Sorry...I always wanted to say that!
Vegitarians do not like the inhumane treatment of animals...me neither..
but what about the inhumane treatment of vegetables? water...constantly, being ripped from the ground...violently!
Pesticides...wildlife....
Sharing a "garden" with others...you just don't have anything in common with....
OMG.......

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The great Ted Nugent said it best, even vegetarians kill animals.

The field that grows the veggies, had to be cleared and cultivated. All the animals had to be killed, they can't just move down the road, that forest is already full....not enough food for 2x the population.

All future generations of birds and animals that would have called that land home, will never get the chance. Any birds or animals that try to steal some crops, will be shot or poisoned.

Nothing wrong with the life style, just don't give me that holier than thou attitude.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothins going on, everyone is responsible for animals dying, whether they like it or not.

There can't be life without death. You can quote me on that.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dear NUT....the one thing i'm not is paranoid. it always amazes me when someone will make leading statements and then not be able to defend them, I've spent a 40 year career as a forester and wildlife biologist, and never ceases that science is left out of many discussions. You post a chart with no citation, one that could have been extracted from a general textbook, or a opinionated pseudoscience treatise formenting someones theory they want advanced.....I speak from experience, and not something picked up on the net.....paranoid? I think not! You are entitled to your opinion, ......We are the top of the food chain, and have been given the intelligence to learn and gather facts....but many need to develope the wisdom to use that Intelligence.....Gary

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only posted the chart and not the story due to lack of reprint permission.
only asked if you were feeling paranoid, not that you are paranoid, two entirely different beasts.
I appreciate the NUT title, I am rather squirrelly, therefore I am a NUT. :)

CocoNUT

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh by the way the chart was a condensed version of a text, I did not have permission to link the chart. it was compiled from this text.

The Comparative Anatomy of Eating by Milton R. Mills, M.D.

CocoNUT

P.S. I eat steak and meat too, not pro veggies, rather I read the science behind us, that chart sure tells me from a scientific view that we were not meant to eat meat.

Chart from.
http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

Physician Profile: Milton Mills, M.D.: Prescribing Change | Physicians Committee

Now so as not to show bias, this below is exactly opposite the above...I form my own educated opinions from what I read, guess that makes us all unique.

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions