Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
After hearing more details about his life, I admit I was wrong about Robin Williams. Evidently he made several attempts at rehab and successfully cleaned himself up. I also understand now that he worked with the USO entertaining the troops, definitely a good guy. Not a junkie like Michael Jackson.

What I see now is a poor, tortured soul. I sincerely hope he finds peace in the next life.

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
For those here who say he was a great talent..........I totally agree (Mork, Garp, Sean in Good Will Hunting...he was one of my favorites, no doubt about it);

For those here who say that he was only human.........I also agree (I firmly believe that fame and fortune must make it harder, not easier, for one to cope in life);

For those here who say that suicide is a selfish act (also said to be the ultimate act of self absorption)............I, unfortunately, also must agree (I have compassion for his plight, but, sorry, in my opinion, his family and friends deserved better from him).

I, for one, will choose to dwell on the the many fond memories I have of his career. He will be missed.

Opinions vary, this is mine.

TCK

Last edited:

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a tragic loss. My favorite comedian and one of my favorite actors, period. My father committed suicide as well and I know his children must be hurting.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It would appear that wealth and fame are truly eroding factors to the inner self. Add drugs and alcohol and the reason to live vanishes. It's nothing new just look at Elvis or Joplin or Jackson.
Just my thoughts, Frank...- five star.png

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
el padron , That was an hysterical movie ! Kind of a loose remake of Le Cage Faux (I'm sure I just butchered the spelling )

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recently revealed he was suffering from early stages of Parkinson's disease, he had not revealed it publicly before his death....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread