Why is it so cold ?

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Somewhere Directly above the Center of the Earth
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it so damn cold ? I don't ever remember a summer so cold, though in my short lifetime of the overall timescale of the earth, maybe this cold summer is just normal sway in the climate. is the climate shifting ? maybe, do I feel us humans are having an impact ? not in the least bit. In the overall picture we are rather small on this rock we call home.
But brrr it is 47 degrees outside right now! 47!!! heh though back in July had some nights in the upper 30's almost frosted once..
OK I'm gonna go buy LPG futures now.

CocoNUTs

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been rather cool this summer,my tomatoes have suffered not having warm summer nights.

I sure hope this is not an indication of the winter coming!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It has been rather cool this summer,my tomatoes have suffered not having warm summer nights.

I sure hope this is not an indication of the winter coming!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

in one of the messages I recently received from another Tnet member was this little tidbit:

"Prep for cold weather.

May the Gods have mercy on us, they don't suffer fools well."

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not cold here in Manitoba. Nice hot days but the nights are getting cooler which is fine by me.
I planted my tomatoes a week late this year but they're doing great and I'm already eating a few.
It does seem like everything is a month behind. Late spring and a late summer.
Keeping my fingers crossed for a late winter!
Just as long as we get one night of frost to kill those bloody mosquitoes off!
Cheers,
Dave.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no doubt the rock is heating up, global warming ? it is all ebb and flow my friend, we humans are insignificant to the big picture. CocoNUT

I totally agree... We make ourselves much more important than we really are. Help me out here.... we've only been burning fossil fuels for 120 - 110 years in our cars and factories or close right? And how long have we (man) been keeping accurate temperatures across the globe? Maybe 200 years? And how old is the earth? I feel its pretty arrogant of us to think we understand what is normal or not and then say we have an effect. And then make what we don't even know anything about yet political is just laughable.

I'd like to know what time line the believers of "global warming" are referencing. In other words how in the hell would mankind know what is normal in the scope of the worlds history? If the earths climate shifts normally its so arrogant to think "we" control it. Soooooo stupid!!!!

OP
OP
Coconut_Monkey

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great point, man says 2+2 is 4 maybe its actually 3! long ago somebody found a furry four legged creature, called it feline..what if they named it a canine instead..nobody trulys knows what the earth is doing, because all the scales and measures are made by man, considering the time length involved, I feel we are arrogant to think we know what's going on, maybe in a million years somebody will figure something out, but us current batch of animals living here will have long destroyed ourselves by then. the rock will still be here, providing that eleven thousand mile diameter asteroid misses us a long time from now, for if it does not miss, it will hit and go right through our rock...I'd kinda like to be around to witness that, unless we achieve immortality soon or I get lucky and a lost boy bites me and I live forever, I won't get to see it :(

CocoNUT

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coconut_Monkey

Coconut_Monkey

Nov 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Wut9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm scratching my head as well...sometimes I type out random deep thoughts without really thinking about what I'm typing, kinda like looking inside myself from a different persons viewpoint, in other words, I don't even recall typing that...weird..

CocoNUTs

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had an early (seemed to me) spring this year. This the 7th year I've been up here. I remember a couple or three years ago, we had about 2 inches of snow on the lawn in May. It was warm enough that it melted from the streets and walks. It came down so fast that it built up to 2 inches deep anywhere it wasn't in contact with the ground. When it stopped falling, it wasn't but a few hours that it was all gone. We've had very little snow during this past winter.

This summer, the heat has been pretty fierce; but not as bad as the first summer I spent here. In 2007, we saw several days of 109, 111, and even one day of 113 degrees. The past month has been 'murder' on the electric bill! It's about $50 higher than it's ever been. I'll be glad to see some cooler weather. This area is considered 'high desert'. You'd think the nights would be pretty cool. The lows have been in the 60s most of this last week. About 2 weeks ago, I got up about 5:15 a.m. and got things done that are the usual 'same ol', 'same ol', (meds, feed the critters, unload the dishwasher, etc.). I sat down at the computer and happened to look at the inside readout for the outdoor thermometer. It showed 77 degrees! I went to two online sites that show the local weather, and sure enough it was actually that warm. I was used to this back in Texas; but not up here.

Centexhunter

Greenie
Nov 24, 2012
Salado, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is kind of cool in my area today. Only going to get to 95 or so, but no worries...back into the 100's just in time for the weekend!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well they use to say the dog days of August. It use to get up in the 90's here. But then again back in my 77 year memory, I can remember 4 FEET of snow in April, so who knows? Frank...- five star.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread