What was the greatest compliment that you have ever received?

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI: I haven't been back to this room since my last post. To those of you that were generous enough to post personal intimate data, I apologize for not answering your posts, all were nice, and I thank you for sharing.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
RT,
That was a very touching story, thanks for posting it.

I think that Guillermo must have had a special place in his heart for you to travel such a long distance on foot ( both ways) to be present at your wedding.

Great Post.

Ray

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Incredible story! I am so glad someone posted to it and I found it! I can't say I have ever been complimented in such a way. I would have to say my greatest compliment came from a young man we had pretty much adopted into our family. He spent a great deal of time with us and ate many a meal at our table as a teenager. When I started myspace he quickly added me and posted a comment that said the thing I will always remember most about you momma is that you taught me what unconditional love was. He always signs his messages ASNF ( A Son Never Forgets) and still calls me momma to this day. Pretty special!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a written letter of thanks from the (german) captain of a sailboat (the spinning jenny of lune) which along with his crew when it sank off the coast of florida ---I had the only photographs of the "ship" going down--- it finally sank as we were approaching ----went down by the bow and "blew out" the transom---I got photos of it all---we took them aboard and we took care of them---gave them fresh clothing and a nice dinner and I took out my good cigars for them enjoy and saw that they were settled in for the night in a room to rest up.--the german capt asked if he could "have" my photos as he would need to "prove" that the ship had indeed went down and the how and whys of it---I told him but of course---he later wrote me thanking me because of the photographs and such no blame was attached to him or the crew --the reason she sank was that while in "dry" store for a long time the "packing" around the shaft had dried up ---when she was sold ---she was place into the water and the next day the "german" delivery crew was hired to sail her from maimi,fla to giabralter ---to her new owners--- 12 hours or so after getting underway the "packing" gave out and she started taking on water quickly---they thanked me deeply and fully---Ivan

T

TreasureTales

WoW! We have some genuine heroes here on TreasureNet. May God bless all of you.

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray S ECenFL RT,That was a very touching story, thanks for posting it.

I think that Guillermo must have had a special place in his heart for you to travel such a long distance on foot ( both ways) to be present at your wedding.
He was a special guy. I first arrived at his home in the high sierras after 3 days of constant cold rain on the trail at 6000 feet.. Both my mule and I were cold, dirty, had been wet all of the past three days, I had a beard, and my hat had given up the ghost from being constantly wet, it was now as droopy as my sodden spirits. In spite of this, Guillermo welcomed us with open arms, fed us, and gave me a nice warm place to sleep in.

This was done witout even a second thought, just all outgoing generosity. We subsequently became good friends. He was typical of the back country Mexican people, they are wonderfully generous.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=Cynangyl]
. I would have to say my greatest compliment came from a young man we had pretty much adopted into our family. He spent a great deal of time with us and ate many a meal at our table as a teenager. When I started myspace he quickly added me and posted a comment that said the thing I will always remember most about you momma is that you taught me what unconditional love was. He always signs his messages ASNF ( A Son Never Forgets) and still calls me momma to this day. Pretty special!!

I wholeheartedly agree Love , that IS a compliment and from the heart, not mechanical as many are.. Congratulations for being special, and having a mother that taught you well also.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=ivan salis
Good morning Ivan, I remember your story and the pictures that went with it. You are soo correct, I am glad that they actually went out of their way to thank you, many today do not, just accept it as a due. but then seagoing peeps "are" a bit special in helping each other. I congratulate. all of you.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=TreasureTales ]

HI Love, I couldn't agree more, they are nice peeps. Perks up my spirits whenever I need it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

T

TreasureTales

Real de Tayopa said:
=TreasureTales ]

HI Love, I couldn't agree more, they are nice peeps. Perks up my spirits whenever I need it.

Don Jose de La Mancha

And you perk up our spirits, RT. ;)

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=TreasureTales WoW! We have some genuine heroes here on TreasureNet. May God bless all of you.
HI Love, I couldn't agree more, they are nice peeps. Perks up my spirits whenever I need it
Don Jose de La Mancha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And you perk up our spirits, RT. ;)

Gracias Love blushing

Don Jose de La Mamcha

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother-in-law was dying of cancer, at home, and was lying in bed which had been moved to the living room. There happened to be a caregiver present when I was there visiting. The living room seemed very dark to me and I knew how much my mother-in-law liked it outdoors. I asked her if she wanted to sit in the sun on the porch. She looked at me with a puzzled look but I could tell she did. I opened the double-wide doors and drug the recliner out onto the porch and returned to the living room. As I approached her bed she started to smile and I gently pushed my arms under, what was now, her thin, light body, picked her up and carried her out to the porch and set her in the recliner. As I was walking back into the house, the caregiver walked out on the porch and told my mother-in-law that she had a very nice "Son-in-law". My mother-in-law responded with, "That's not my son-in-law, that's my son."

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
thoughfulness of others --it a rare item often these days.-- the kind and good thing you did shows you care for her-- often its the "little" things that one does for another human being that makes life nice. Ivan

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story & Great friend TT,
My greatest Compliment came from my nephew, who just recently retired from The U.S. Army, he was a Combat Engineer, (Airborne Ranger), went to Panama, (after Noriega), Desert Storm, Diving Instructor, Professor at West Point.
He wrote a college paper telling about his uncle (me), who used to take him fishing, hunting, & exploring the hills & hollows of Ar when he would come back on vacation from CA.
He told of how I knew the kinds of trees & things of Nature, how I could see the beauty in sunlight on the colors of a sunperch, & so on.
I am so glad I influenced my nephew's & today they still love to fish
& hunt, & enjoy nature.
The other nephew, who is a scuba diver, & explorer, rode his mt bike
all over new Zealand, so I guess the great outdoors rubbed off on them.
It's kinda hard for an old guy like myself to express thanks, (we tend to get teary eyed), but I will never forget my Greatest Compliment !!

Fossis.................

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PaperHacker: that was a very nice gesture and thoughtful. Many today are too busy or just don't think. Congratulations for being an almost forgotten thing, a gentleman. Being a canacer survivor, I am particularily impressed.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions