Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is exactly why I'm selling this property I set up for my parents next to me (I've always owned it) and it's now empty. I would be a HORRIBLE landlord... PERIOD!!!!! If the rent wasn't paid on or before the 1st. YOUR LATE INSTANTLY....!!!!!! And also I want the home kept up as I would my own. And this home is in GREAT SHAPE with nowhere to go but downhill. Renters (most) will not keep it up to original specs.

I would be in jail before my lame ass renters would.... because I'd see it. It's great being retired with nothing better to do...!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is exactly why I'm selling this property I set up for my parents next to me (I've always owned it) and it's now empty. I would be a HORRIBLE landlord... PERIOD!!!!! If the rent wasn't paid on or before the 1st. YOUR LATE INSTANTLY....!!!!!! And also I want the home kept up as I would my own. And this home is in GREAT SHAPE with nowhere to go but downhill. Renters (most) will not keep it up to original specs.

I would be in jail before my lame ass renters would.... because I'd see it. It's great being retired with nothing better to do...!

OK,,,,,,hmmmmm,go make something,you'll get over it.:laughing7:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
These people missed their opportunity to sell at the top of the market, Palm Beach tripled in value from 2002 to 2008,
Right about 2010 their home would've already dropped back to about 1998 levels. That would've been the time to negotiate a short sale on a very delinquent and underwater mortgage from a bank that would've been thrilled to get it off their hands.
Today, given their scenario they have about the worst credit possible, and even if they have the capacity to purchase their home back, they would half to buy it at a much higher level.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What really gets me is, I as a small business person or individual behave responsibly. Joe Blow approaches me to make a credit purchase or for a personal loan.

Now, when Joe Blow acts irresponsibly, he doesn't pay for his mistake. I pay for his mistake. Personal loans are 100% forgiven under Chapter 7 bankruptcy (because you didn't pay a lawyer to "perfect" the note) and can be absolved for as little as $.01/dollar in Chapter 13.

Why punish a producer for the failures of a deadbeat?

Another pet peeve: John and Jane Doe purchase an 200" LED television from a local merchant --- which they finance through said merchant. The merchant looks at the credit of both, John's is great while Jane's is horrible. Since John is a responsible person, John gets granted the credit to make the purchase. When John finds Jane in bed with the pool boy and they get divorced, their attorney and the court can decide that Jane gets the 200" but she'll have to pay for it. The small merchant now has a known deadbeat to collect from. The merchant got no benefits from the marriage, and yet he is paying for the wife's indescretion (I've been involved as the merchant in a similar scenario).

The wife packs up the property and is preparing to move to Thailand. You know she isn't going to pay, she hasn't paid this month or last month's bills, but when you try to repo the property, you get hit with legal charges because you are violating the divorce decree.

HANG ALL THE LAWYERS!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I met a guy once who between him and his wife raked in mid 6 figure income, they loved their credit cards, got themselves in debt by several hundred thousand dollars...on purpose, buying all sorts of luxuries just so they could declare bankruptcy. they related to me and my wife the story, which they both were clearly proud of their heist. they went into detail of having a hundred thousand dollar Brazilian wood floor put into their home as the last bit to max their credit cards. I was rather appalled by this but said nothing. the next story they told us involved a neighbor ( next door ) the guy telling these stories owns a large automotive repair shop, and had a nice not to old pickup truck he was going to trade in. well his next door neighbor was telling him he would like to buy it for his son who just got his license. so he decided to give it to his neighbor for several thousand less than its value.
He then went on to tell us that the very next day said neighbor put the truck up for sale and made a overnight 4 grand on the truck...

By this time in telling the story he was almost foaming at the mouth so angry in remembering it that I thought he would explode, started rambling both of them about what kind of low down dirty f-ing scumbag would screw his neighbor over like that and blah blah blah..! by then I could NOT take anymore and interrupted them and said let me ask y'all a question.

So I said yes that's a dirty low thing to do, to take advantage of them in that manner.
So I asked them..Supposed the person who owned that flooring company that you basically just stole from...had been your next door neighbor!..I'd never seen two humans pale as quickly as those two just had, I told them people like them are destroying our country! and making everything more expensive for everybody else..at that point I told them to get out of my business and do not return. I can refuse anybody, first time I did, but I felt better knowing I was not going to do business with thieves.
Guess deadbeats come in all varieties.

Mike

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A guy & his wife who I worked with at Saturn years ago did the same thing. Maxed out card after card and borrowed all they could and then filed bankruptcy. And like "your guy" he told everybody what he was doing as if proud of it.... It turned a lot of people off when he started to tell us all about his last big purchase. He stated "it's the American way"... I had a LOT to say about that comment. After I had my say.... He seemed offended... go figure!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lived in my house free for the last 25 years.....but I paid it off in the first 10 years. 25 years w/o house or car payments, and I'm still poor......Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've lived in my house free for the last 25 years.....but I paid it off in the first 10 years. 25 years w/o house or car payments, and I'm still poor......Gary

Yea I paid mine off a long time ago and I'm still poor also.... I hate to say it but that's probably our own fault Gary. If we could afford the payment then we should have then keep "paying" ourselves. But like you I really enjoyed the "extra" money and it was soon going to other things. But damn what a raise it felt like.

I'm all geeked today because I think my other home and property sold yesterday (I hope). Realtor called and asked if I'd except $5000 in earnest money.... HELL YEA!!!!! A couple from Arizona are buying it without even themselves seeing it in person.... Kind of weird but none of my business. Now I gotta build a new woodshop higher on the ridge nearer my residence. I'm thinking of building a two story with a loft above...???? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread