A FREE HOME FOR 12 YEARS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Between 2002 and 2014, “homebuyer” Paul Stenstrom, 62, of Palm Beach, Florida, paid $0 on his $1,836 monthly mortgage. Why was he not evicted? Because he and his wife filed 18 separate bankruptcy petitions in that 12-year period, hiding behind federal bankruptcy law. Now that a judge has finally stepped in, Stenstrom says he plans to buy the house back, since repossessions are usually cheaper.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between 2002 and 2014, “homebuyer” Paul Stenstrom, 62, of Palm Beach, Florida, paid $0 on his $1,836 monthly mortgage. Why was he not evicted? Because he and his wife filed 18 separate bankruptcy petitions in that 12-year period, hiding behind federal bankruptcy law. Now that a judge has finally stepped in, Stenstrom says he plans to buy the house back, since repossessions are usually cheaper.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I have to remember to "let it slide" sometimes, as I am aware of the hidden meaning in that,
the rain falls on the good and the wicked, just the same.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no respect for people like that...what a turd.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's our new "You-owe-me" society.......

Ask not what you can do for our country, but what our Country can do for you!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greedy people who only think of themselves just amaze me.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greedy people who only think of themselves just amaze me.
CG, I've become so accustomed to it here in S Fl. Trust me, nothing to be amazed about, (the ppl that are that way)
I mean. Death will lay us all equal.

I do like some of their toys, though. :notworthy: :laughing7:

I wish ya'll coulda been with me yesterday, 20 something floors up on N Miami bay, opulence unending, servants, marble, a view to just..... sit in awe (of the view, not the ppl)...... I had to eventually come down....... :laughing7:

The valet gave me the keys to my Suzuki, and I returned to real life. 8-)
Just another trip/journey. I was actually expecting to end up in a dirty old cargo bay in a seedy warehouse district. :laughing7:
Imagine my shock and surprise. :o :o :laughing7:
I'd been out schlepping inventory, dirty boxes, in dusty warehouses. I told the young man to go wash his hands after shaking mine, we couldn't be sure where I may have been. :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Deal with it every day. Whenever someone files bankruptcy against my employer, I am the person who has to complete the paperwork and appear in court on behalf of my employer.

When it comes to bankruptcy, here is where the problem is:

They will NOT prosecute you even if you perjure yourself while answering questions on the forms or if you repeat the perjury in the 341 hearing. If you or your lawyer screw up, you can just refile. If you are denied your bankruptcy, you just refile (oh, that "frequent refiling" problem, they ignore that too) until you and your lawyer get it right.

You have a secured debt? Let the lawyer tell the judge that your new house full of furniture (as an example) you bought for $8,000.00 7 months ago is only worth $250.00 today and the court will usually let them get away with it. If you offer them the $250.00 or even $500.00 (in exchange for the property) they don't have to take it --- and never do.

When the small or large furniture business goes belly up due to the load of bankruptcy debt they have had to absorb since the court took that money from them because little Johnny Thejerk wouldn't pay his bills, eventually it ends up hurting the manufacturers who are owed monies by the furniture store for the goods that they can't pay for as the courts have taken all of their profit from them. Now you begin hurting working people who cannot get raises, who get laid off because not as many businesses are buying the goods they manufacture.

All the time, the court (that gets a cut from each attorney's fees) is happy, the attorney for Johnny Thejerk gets his money so he's happy, the attorneys for the furniture store gets their money so they're happy, the lawyers for the manufacturer get their money so they're happy.

It is nothing more than a great transfer of wealth from the worker to the deadbeat.

It happens every day, the attitude it fosters is at the root of most of the problems in this country, and will be its downfall.

HANG ALL THE LAWYERS!!!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If these deadbeats, who show flashes if intelligence from time to time...would use that intelligence and work as hard at a career, as they do at beating the system.....they would find themselves successful!....Gary

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gary, they consider getting over on producers to be working to better themselves.

Back in 2001, after a big setback and almost a year without regular employment, I was looking at having to file bankruptcy to keep from being thrown out into the street. Sat down with the lawyer, and his counsel was ... "before you file bankruptcy, I want you to max out your credit cards and get all the local credit you can. Keep records and remember to get everything you are going to need for the next seven years like a good car, new furnishings, televisions etc."

I've talked to others who have heard similar instruction from their attorneys. It's a scam.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Deal with it every day. Whenever someone files bankruptcy against my employer, I am the person who has to complete the paperwork and appear in court on behalf of my employer.

When it comes to bankruptcy, here is where the problem is:

They will NOT prosecute you even if you perjure yourself while answering questions on the forms or if you repeat the perjury in the 341 hearing. If you or your lawyer screw up, you can just refile. If you are denied your bankruptcy, you just refile (oh, that "frequent refiling" problem, they ignore that too) until you and your lawyer get it right.

You have a secured debt? Let the lawyer tell the judge that your new house full of furniture (as an example) you bought for $8,000.00 7 months ago is only worth $250.00 today and the court will usually let them get away with it. If you offer them the $250.00 or even $500.00 (in exchange for the property) they don't have to take it --- and never do.

When the small or large furniture business goes belly up due to the load of bankruptcy debt they have had to absorb since the court took that money from them because little Johnny Thejerk wouldn't pay his bills, eventually it ends up hurting the manufacturers who are owed monies by the furniture store for the goods that they can't pay for as the courts have taken all of their profit from them. Now you begin hurting working people who cannot get raises, who get laid off because not as many businesses are buying the goods they manufacture.

All the time, the court (that gets a cut from each attorney's fees) is happy, the attorney for Johnny Thejerk gets his money so he's happy, the attorneys for the furniture store gets their money so they're happy, the lawyers for the manufacturer get their money so they're happy.

It is nothing more than a great transfer of wealth from the worker to the deadbeat.

It happens every day, the attitude it fosters is at the root of most of the problems in this country, and will be its downfall.

HANG ALL THE LAWYERS!!!

Can't hang all the lawyers. There ain't that much rope in existence...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dunno, my grandfather would reuse rope when he hunted bounty in Texas and Oklahoma back in the 1920's and 30's. When the locals were too scared, he would volunteer his services to carry out executions by hanging.

Even though the quality of the Chinese rope isn't quite as good, we could probably do 3 or four hanging before it breaks.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Sorry but I do not buy it.

No source or citation listed. Sounds fairly "unbelievable". A Google search of the topic reveals no further details.

Sounds like one of those daily chain emails I get from my grandmother "for a laugh".

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No source or citation listed. Sounds fairly "unbelievable". A Google search of the topic reveals no further details.
Sounds like one of those daily chain emails I get from my grandmother "for a laugh".

Serious? You did a Google search?

So did I, and just with the guys name. Ben....I'm afraid your Google's broken...:laughing7:

Serial Bankruptcy Staves Off Foreclosure

Meet the Palm Harbor man who is 12 years behind on his mortgage payments

Palm Harbor Florida | Tampa Bankruptcy Blog

FINE POINTS OF THE LAW - Folio Weekly

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bankruptcy isn't always the answer. I've been so close. The main thing that kept me from filing was $600. I was between jobs, credit card debt, behind on the mortgage, behind on the car payments to the bank, etc. I was only without a job for about 2 weeks, but then the new job paid bi-monthly and held the first pay check; so actually I was without a paycheck for over a month. I talked to a lawyer. He told me that I was a great candidate for bankruptcy; but he would need $6oo dollars, cash, to start the proceedings. So, we just 'toughed' it out. We managed to get our payments pushed back enough to get over it. We did lose our phone service for almost a week; but were able to keep the rest of everything except our dignity. No, it's not a disgrace to get into these situations most of the time. I have always felt that it was mostly my fault because of the credit card debt. Since that time, I've only kept one credit card and closely watch how I use it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

All you need to do is set up a "Pacer" account, inquire by the full name, and get your answer.

Cost is 10 cents a page. So, you can cry foul or find out for yourself.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
All you need to do is set up a "Pacer" account, inquire by the full name, and get your answer.

Cost is 10 cents a page. So, you can cry foul or find out for yourself.

I just realized what the problem was: I was Googling "Paul Stenstrom Palm Beach", as per the OP's article. Turns out, it was actually "Palm Harbor", which was returning all the relevant searches.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
jb,

This is perplexing in your signature.

GOD Bless

Chris