I just retired today

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Oh retirement! It frees up your time and strangles your income. Someone once said, you can't have everything so it's always one or the other.
Frank...- ELVIS 003.jpg Early retirement can be the cruelest.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Deepseeker,
Enjoy your retirement-and your Social Security checks.
After 50 years on the job, you've certainly deserve them.
Now you can worry about when Social Security payments will be cut.
Don......

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the ranks of the retired, it's been a better experience than I expected, and since they started collecting my SS when I was 9, I am going to really enjoy getting it back. I plan on living to 120:laughing7:....All seriosness, enjoy Roger, you've earned for all you have done for the Country and your family.....Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I walked out of the plant at noon. Maybe they'll pay me the whole day.

I'm going down to Social Services, apply for a phone and welfare. Then I'm going to Social Security and sign up. After working over 50 years, maybe I can get some back!!!

However, right now I think I'll head to the ABC store and go somewhere else in my brain tonight!!!

Good for you guy.... You worked MUCH LONGER than I did at my job. And I truly hope you enjoy your "new time" you now have. It took me awhile to get used to it but I was only 50. And after about 2 years I wished I hadn't because I retired to early for the wrong reasons.

But YOU have definitely put your time in and deserve you new found time.... I wish ya the best buddy!!!! :occasion14: Brad

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoy your free time. You've earned it. I know I'm looking forward to retirement...

sent from a potato...

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stay busy,there are alot of ways to make cash besides going in and pushing a time clock.a full time job used to take up too much of my time.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DeepseekerADS, congratulations on your retirement! In some ways, to me, it's a lot more fun than I imagined; but in some ways it's not. I worked part time while in school, then started full time just before I turned 18. I retired in '04. I began doing some work on the vehicles, the lawn, put a new metal roof on the mobile home, even built an extra room on the back. After about a year, I became a bit bored. So I went to work as a greeter at Wally World. I enjoyed it! It's not just standing around greeting customers! We did a whole lot more. We kept the floor clean, also the windows, and the shopping carts. Sure not like what I see the greeters doing today!

Two years later my wife died and I moved to Idaho to be near the daughter. I talked to the Wally World people here and almost went to work for them. Just about 3 days before I received a call to come in for a final interview, I suddenly realized that I didn't want to work anymore. So when they called, I politely asked them to remove my name.

I have always been an early riser, still am. I get up between 5 and 6 a.m., go to bed about 10 p.m. If I want to stay up late, I do, but almost always get up before 6 a.m. I really enjoy the freedom. If I want to do something, that I'm still capable of doing, I do it. If I don't want to, then I don't. Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have mine. It's a blast!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey I "re-tired" about a month ago...I got a new set of Bridgestone's all terrains for my Jeep! LOL!

Last edited:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now you can really tear some ground up.Congrats and enjoy!:occasion14:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Enjoy it. It took forever to get there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked out of the plant at noon. Maybe they'll pay me the whole day.

I'm going down to Social Services, apply for a phone and welfare. Then I'm going to Social Security and sign up. After working over 50 years, maybe I can get some back!!!

However, right now I think I'll head to the ABC store and go somewhere else in my brain tonight!!!
I get my first check in 62 days. ...

You can apply on line here.....

http://www.ssa.gov/retirement/about.htm

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ADS!! Enjoy, It will be the Best Job you've EVER had!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always been an early riser, still am. I get up between 5 and 6 a.m., go to bed about 10 p.m. If I want to stay up late, I do, but almost always get up before 6 a.m. I really enjoy the freedom. If I want to do something, that I'm still capable of doing, I do it. If I don't want to, then I don't. Hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have mine. It's a blast!

I know what you mean by that! 0400 hrs comes early - however, at this stage it comes naturally :(

And Rebel, I've got to order that sage!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I get up at 4 it's only to pee
I only hope to live long enough to retire ( not 89 like T_H)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread