Too many times we think of police officers as enemies - TO PROTECT AND SERVE

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
FSA Officer of the Year 2014

[video=vimeo;99253496]http://vimeo.com/99253496[/video]

Officer Mario Gutierrez, of The Miami-Dade Police Department, shares his story of stopping a man from blowing up a gas station at Miami International Airport, while sustaining multiple stab wounds in an attack by the subject.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.

That's law enforcement. Things can change in a second and that's when your training has to kick in - to save citizen's lives and sometimes your own.

and sometimes not.

It's never "just another day at the office".

Thanks ADS. and thanks to all the LE personnel who protect us every day.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's like any other group. It contains the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I have a trooper down the roar that I consider a friend. He hates to give out speeding tickets
but loves to give out drunk driving tickets.
I have a sheriff deputy down the road that wishes they would legalize pot so he doesn't have to waste valuable time enforcing that law.

I have been stopped for speeding in VA by a local cop who lied about it. Maybe he didn't have his quota for that day.

So it's a mixed bag like every other group. Just my thoughts. Frank...- five star.png

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a trooper down the roar that I consider a friend. He hates to give out speeding tickets
I have a sheriff deputy down the road that wishes they would legalize pot so he doesn't have to waste valuable time enforcing that law.

I have been stopped for speeding in VA by a local cop who lied about it. Maybe he didn't have his quota for that day.

So it's a mixed bag like every other group. Just my thoughts. Frank.

Theres a good cop:occasion14:
Yup.I personally dont think of cops as enemies unless they prove it to me.They get what they give from me.I have caught cops blatantly lying when i went to court as a witness for a friend of mine back in NH,so he got what he gave.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Cop - He had no right to shoot that guy, The perp only had a screw driver. We all know the perp as the gentle mechanic, he was probably just trying to fix the cops squad car!. common sense always trumps.

Great story!

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please leave politics out of thread, it isn't the politics forum.....

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So it's a mixed bag like every other group. Just my thoughts. Frank...- View attachment 1046783

Frankn, there's no excuse for a quota system; it's an outdated "system" of management (or perhaps budget) that has no place in professional law enforcement.

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had the company of some of the finest officers in tragic situations; like when my father committed suicide and I found his body. They treated me like a brother and comforted me and helped me in the most difficult time in my life. I will never forget that. I have close family members in law enforcement.

I've met a few that really fueled my fire too. I had a local officer threaten to shoot and kill my very loving pit-bull while inside my car. He searched my person and questioned me about a roll of gold dollars I purchased at the bank. I guess it's "suspicious" to carry a roll of coins in your pocket. He almost didn't give them back to me!
He badgered my good friend and myself and searched us. At the end of the whole deal, the reason he pulled us over wasn't because we did anything wrong; I was a young white man and my friend was black and I had a pit-bull riding in my back seat.

The officer actually said this to me, "You don't look like the typical drug dealers around here..."

This is the same officer that opened fire on an opossum in our local park; shooting at it six times before finally hitting it. That's a scary thought.

Wow...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Several years ago, I was driving home from a fishing trip with a brother-in-law and one of his buddies. It was around 2 a.m. and I was driving through a little suburb that was known for pulling someone over for almost no reason. Just as I was leaving the city limits, I saw the headlights of a fast moving vehicle behind me. I wasn't certain, but thought it might be the cops. Just as I turned onto a street leading to my house, the red lights started flashing. I pulled over, sat with my hands on the steering wheel, and waited until the officers came to the pickup. I knew the young man who approached my window, but he didn't recognize me. I knew his father. He asked me what I was doing out so late. I told him that I had been fishing. When he asked for my drivers license, I started to asked him why, but refrained. I told him I would have to exit the pickup because my wallet was in my pants pocket and the coveralls I had on over them made too difficult to remove. He stepped back and said ok. After he looked at my license, he said that they had received a call from the next town stating that a pickup like mine had been speeding and being driven recklessly, but had left town before the police could find it. He said that my pickup was the same kind; but the driver was a different 'color'. I said you don't know me, but I know you. I work on the pumps at the station where your dad works. Then he recognized me. The other officer, an older man, kept shining his flashlight into the bed of my pickup. I had been working to convert some gasoline pumps into dispensers and had several electric motors and pumping units in the pickup bed along with 2 boxes of tools, a calibration can, shovels, etc.. I asked him if he was finding anything interesting. He asked me where I got all that 'crap'. I told him that it was part of my work, but really none of his business. He seemed to be trying to think of a comeback when the younger officer told him to go get in the patrol car, that everything was ok. He then thanked me for being so decent to him during the stop. I told him that because I really thought the story he gave me was 'made up', I really didn't think they had legally stopped me. He just stood there for a moment, then got into the car and left.

I saw his dad a few days later. The boy had told him the whole story. He said the boy laughed and told the dad he just didn't know what to say to me after I told him that I didn't think they had legally stopped me. Said that I had been so nice, then really stuck it in him!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's how much I'm watching tv nowadays, never even heard this story, and the Mr sometimes works MIA, soil contamination stuffs or somethin like that.
I tell ya, we sure got some freaks here in S. Fl., then just add drugs or alcohol, sometimes unchecked mental issues...... instant idiots. :BangHead:

Yep, thanks to you good guys. Having been the victim of (what some would consider pretty horrific) happenstances, the best and most lasting guidance and words I've ever received, came from grown, grounded, professional, caring policemen.
I've also been in the company of some, on little power/ego trips and "not doing the right thing", but we'll just leave it at that.

One of my wholesalers is in a warehouse area in a real seedy part of town. LOL. I always worry they gonna pull me over, "yeah, what you doin in this part of town little white girl". lol. As I stammer, "uhh, uh, uhh, uh...... :laughing7: Here!" Show them my wholesale order sheet..... whew...... :laughing7:
So sorry BB. Blessings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread