The .22 Ammo Shortage Mystery -- Solved!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's a rumor that I heard. In order for the manufacturer to ship ammunition they must obtain a permit from the ATF for each shipment. The rumor is that these permits are getting harder to get if you know what I mean.
It appears arbitrary rules are trumping legal regulations. Another phone and pen situation.
Don't those manufacturers have any lawyers? Frank...- five star.png

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Think about it Frankn: Do you sell 10 billion rounds at .05 today or wait a few months and get .35 each? If you made a profit at a nickle each, and made those 10 billion rounds at the same cost, when the price spikes, you can REALLY make a "killing" on the market.

They're being hoarded until they can drive the price up, and its working.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Think about it Frankn: Do you sell 10 billion rounds at .05 today or wait a few months and get .35 each? If you made a profit at a nickle each, and made those 10 billion rounds at the same cost, when the price spikes, you can REALLY make a "killing" on the market.

They're being hoarded until they can drive the price up, and its working.

You have a point there, but with our sinking economy, that extra .30 ain't going to happen. Instead of going out to my 100 yard rang and popping a clip (100 rounds) thru my calico .22, I go out and pop off a one quart plastic bottle filled with water with one shot from my .22-250. More satisfaction less cost.
Frank...- five star.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread