ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super low tide... many moons ago in the back waters... Appears to be a stone anchor with symbol carved through the entire stone.
Still there last i looked some years ago.
Just thought I would start "sharing" some old pics with you guys. Picture 428.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am certainly NOT questioning your description of the above photo from your personal viewing if that is what happened. But it looks like debris or something floating on or near the surface of the water. And the sun is casting a shadow below off the debris. Do you have more photos? Other than a "3" within the debris I don't see a stone at all.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to be a 3 in the pic but actually not ... it is some sort of symbol ... I might have a better pic somewhere... it was definately not floating beings I pushed off of it with my push pole.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might add... tide was moving rapidly in and I was in a no combustion area... I was able to tap on it... and at fist I thought it was a stump of some kind but as I drifted by my gf snapped this photo and I grabbed the pole and gave a final push off... and the sound of stone rang the aluminium pole. I have returned to this area which I have never seen again with that low of a tide ... but have been unable to relocate it. I know the general area where it lies but water is vary dark usually and full of seagrass debri.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread