Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If This is already Posted or disproven, here Let me Know & I'll Delete Mine

(RNN) – The hardware retail store Home Depot may be the latest U.S. security breach victim, where credit and debit card information went for sale on the internet's black cybersecurity market.
Home Depot has not confirmed the data breach, which was first reported Tuesday on the cybersecurity website Krebs on Security.

The report indicates that several banks reported to "suspicious activity" and that it could be “the source of a massive new batch of stolen credit and debit cards.” The information was found on “cybercrime underground” and law enforcement and banks began investigating.

Home Depot may be latest security breach victim - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Update for you Jeff and anybody else.

Home Depot Completes Malware Elimination, Says 56M Cards Were at Risk | Fox Business

Home Depot says roughly 56 million payment cards may have been compromised in a massive cyber breach of the home improvement retailer’s payment network.

The company released details of the incident on Thursday. It is the first time Home Depot has spoken to the magnitude of the breach, which is now confirmed to have been bigger than the infamous 2013 attack on Target -- that breach impacted 40 million cards.

Home Depot, which discovered the incident on Sept. 2, says customized malware is believed to have been present on its network from April 2014 up until this month. The company claims perpetrators used the unique software code to penetrate its payment systems and avoid detection.

News of the incident broke in early September when security blogger Brian Krebs reported multiple banks found evidence that the retailer may have been penetrated.

The company says the attack impacted shoppers of its U.S. and Canadian stores, but not those who placed orders on HomeDepot.com.

Home Depot claims the malware used in the breach has been eliminated from its network, and is taking steps to better safeguard customer data.

The retailer says it has completed a large security upgrade to its payment systems, enhancing point-of-sale data encryption at all of its U.S. stores. Home Depot says the same technology will be in all Canadian stores by early 2015.

In a statement, the company’s CEO Frank Blake said, "We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience and anxiety this has caused, and want to reassure them that they will not be liable for fraudulent charges.”

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't remember the last Time I was in Home Depot, But I don't think it was this Year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread