CATTLE THEFT: Bet youve never seen it done like this before...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lol! That's my mother in law in the back seat there!!

sent from a potato...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The repair on the rear door might cost almost as much as the beef is worth!
In the early to mid 1970s a lot of cattle rustling was going on in Central Texas. I was delivering gasoline and diesel to farmers in that area. I drove into a customer's driveway whose tank was at the back of the house. After filling the tank, I turned into the roadway and noticed something in the ditch. I got out and found it to be the hide of a calf. I talked to the customer a few days later when he came to pay his bill. He said that someone had killed and skinned a calf right there on the side of the road. It was a farm to market road that wasn't used a lot. A neighbor living across the road, and down a ways, saw what was happening and got the license number of the trailer. Said he couldn't see the license plate on the pickup that was pulling it. It was later learned that the trailer was also stolen! No one was ever caught as far as I know.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The repair on the rear door might cost almost as much as the beef is worth!
In the early to mid 1970s a lot of cattle rustling was going on in Central Texas. I was delivering gasoline and diesel to farmers in that area. I drove into a customer's driveway whose tank was at the back of the house. After filling the tank, I turned into the roadway and noticed something in the ditch. I got out and found it to be the hide of a calf. I talked to the customer a few days later when he came to pay his bill. He said that someone had killed and skinned a calf right there on the side of the road. It was a farm to market road that wasn't used a lot. A neighbor living across the road, and down a ways, saw what was happening and got the license number of the trailer. Said he couldn't see the license plate on the pickup that was pulling it. It was later learned that the trailer was also stolen! No one was ever caught as far as I know.
A lot of bad characters out there for sure...

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't that Cow Knapping not theft? :laughing7:

I bet the car was probably stolen because if that cow went to the bathroom, it would leave one hell of a mess in the car!

If I was a cattleman, and had some cows stolen, butchered, etc, I believe I would bait a set up, and lay in wait with a high powered rifle!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old story... As a young man this fellow inherited a hardware store from his late father. It was broken in to a couple of times and several items were taken each time. 50 years later he was sitting on the porch with his lifetime boyhood friend. His friend asked "Did you ever catch who broke into your store?" And the store owner quickly replied "Yes, it was you!" The store owner had NEVER mentioned or told a soul about the break in's including his wife, children, friends, police... not anyone. He had only fixed the glass and back door and replaced the missing items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread