Worlds BIGGEST CAT!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
World's BIGGEST CAT!

World's BIGGEST CAT! The LIGER (a LION TIGER cross SUPER-BREED!)

Published on Nov 17, 2013

World's BIGGEST CAT! The LIGER (a LION TIGER cross SUPER-BREED!)

Annotation text from video:

This liger, named Hercules, is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger. He stands over ten feet tall on his hind legs, and at over 410 kg (904lb) is recognized as the largest living feline of earth.

Born the heaviest among a litter of four in November 2001, Hercules lives at the Myrtle Beach Safari wildlife preserve in South Carolina.

Pictured here with his devoted friend and carer, Dr. Bhagavan Antle, Hercules will typically eat about 20lb of meat a day (but is capable of devouring over 100lb in a single meal).

Hercules was the unplanned result of two very large cats living in close quarters at the Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species, Miami, Florida.

Dr. Bhagavan Antle, a pioneering and committed wildlife preservationist, shares an extraordinary bond with this awesome feline beast -- Hercules is one of the world's most powerful land-dwellers and can run at over 50mph.

Outside of a handful of zoos and controlled environments, ligers are extremely rare as they virtually never occur in the wild today -- given that the shrinking habitats of lions and tigers no longer over-lap.

Hercules with his younger brother Aries sitting on his head -- let's hope that the efforts of conservationists like Dr. Antle and others can help preserve the endangered habitats and lives of the world's great cats worldwide!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a magnificent beast! I'd never heard of it. I've seen several pictures of ligers; but this is amazing! And the 'little brother' sitting on it's head!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagine having that cat after you,no place to hide:laughing9:Heres another short video.

Liger Claws

Uploaded on Oct 4, 2010

Hercules the liger sharpens his claws. This is a good visual reference to the size and power of the claws of the big cat (panthera) family. You can also clearly see how their claws completely retract into the foot, unlike a cheetah.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again, Red, that's amazing. I showed this to my son-in-law last night. He was as amazed as I was. This is awesome! Thanks.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Red!

Another new to me :)

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen this animal(s) before and they are BIG. Would hate to see what this thing could do in the wild against a cape buffalo, zebra or ANY large animals lions take on. It wouldn't even be a fight probably.

My large (80 lb.) female mutt tangled with something big yesterday in my surrounding woods. Came home chewed up with a severely broken hind leg including ligaments and all nerves. Took to vet and he had to put her down. No idea what she tangled with but she was the smartest dog of 7 we had. Second dog this year that's been mauled. Come get your Liger Red... you win!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen this animal(s) before and they are BIG. Would hate to see what this thing could do in the wild against a cape buffalo, zebra or ANY large animals lions take on. It wouldn't even be a fight probably.

Youre average size lion can break a cape buffalos neck with one whack of the paw.Big cats have enormous strength.Take a leopard for instance,they have no problem carrying 150-200 pound antelopes up a tree.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks more like a Tigon :laughing7:

I wonder if they taste like Chicken or bald eagle

Last edited:

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched this twice! Thanks for posting. Amazing animal. But I wouldn't get that close to that thing for diamonds!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Youre average size lion can break a cape buffalos neck with one whack of the paw.Big cats have enormous strength.Take a leopard for instance,they have no problem carrying 150-200 pound antelopes up a tree.

Hell Red.... I've hoisted many deer from 120 to 200+ (field dressed) up a tree. Damn leopard doesn't have a thing on me... :occasion14: Well maybe it does... I didn't do it in hand to hand combat... :dontknow:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell Red.... I've hoisted many deer from 120 to 200+ (field dressed) up a tree. Damn leopard doesn't have a thing on me... Well maybe it does... I didn't do it in hand to hand combat.

Now do it carrying it in your jaws:laughing9:Want to read a good book,find a copy of "Death In The Long Grass" by Peter H. Capstick.Its about a african big game hunter that hunts maneaters.excellent book.

Peter Hathaway Capstick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread